Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

41 minutes ago, stquinto said:

It was the last match of the French rugby Union tournament (Top 14). That is Toulon, with a great (if small) stadium right next to the port. Lots of atmosphere, they’re really passionate about the game there. 
The photo was taken early before anyone got there. Here’s a more accurate showing. 
Toulon was where an English player finished his days, Jonny Wilkinson. You’ve probably not heard of him down under but he became a legend at Toulon…

IMG_8886.jpeg

Oh, no, not Jonny Wilkinson. He is certainly a familiar name down here. His kicking defeated the Wallabies in a World Cup Final, IIRC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

It was the last match of the French rugby Union tournament (Top 14). That is Toulon, with a great (if small) stadium right next to the port. Lots of atmosphere, they’re really passionate about the game there. 
The photo was taken early before anyone got there. Here’s a more accurate showing. 
Toulon was where an English player finished his days, Jonny Wilkinson. You’ve probably not heard of him down under but he became a legend at Toulon…

IMG_8886.jpeg

A name that Aussie Rugby followers will never forget - drop goal in extra time in the Rugby World Cup final 2003 to defeat the Wallabies 20 - 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They have all buggerd of to the Pub!

at the pub before the game going by @stquinto and his updated picture. 

I really enjoy union but don't get much of it down under compared to League. There is a competition but it's recently been taken off pay TV and given to stan sports.

Heard the name wilko before but can't say off top of my head know who he was or played for. Guessing he a pom?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

at the pub before the game going by @stquinto and his updated picture. 

I really enjoy union but don't get much of it down under compared to League. There is a competition but it's recently been taken off pay TV and given to stan sports.

Heard the name wilko before but can't say off top of my head know who he was or played for. Guessing he a pom?

No good asking me mate, I wouldn't know the first thing about Rugby, Union or League, never watched it because I can't understand it, but as we say, each to their own.

Quite frankly I would rather pull up a hair & watch my beer brewing. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

No good asking me mate, I wouldn't know the first thing about Rugby, Union or League, never watched it because I can't understand it, but as we say, each to their own.

That was done badly on my behalf quoted you about the pub but then was calling out to squinto about the rugby. 

I don't understand all the rules either but I know it has drawn me in since all the nonsense in afl lately

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Probably ok if you've got plenty of hair 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, kmar92 said:

A name that Aussie Rugby followers will never forget - drop goal in extra time in the Rugby World Cup final 2003 to defeat the Wallabies 20 - 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Kegory @kmar92 only jesting fellas…

I watched that final in my local Oz pub in Paris. All the blokes in the pub had organised a barbie for afterwards and took it for granted they’d win. 

“What are we gunna do now?” was the general refrain afterwards.

”Well, we’ve got the meat and the grog, so might as well get pi*ssed and have a barbie”

I got loads of drinks bought for me, you’d have thought I’d kicked the shot…

Better reaction than when the French lose - they tend to go off in a strop afterwards. Come to think of it, they don’t even stay for a beer even if they win 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Saw a new Chimay in the supermarket over the border in France. Green label. I thought it might be a type of Duval, but no, like a lighter-coloured version of a really heavy dark Trappist (too rich and malty for the Belgian strong pale ale style). Bloody sickly TBH… glad I only got three. Although I probably won’t fob off the other two on the neighbours…

A 10 volter as well 😳

IMG_8921.jpeg

IMG_8923.jpeg

IMG_8922.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

A 10 volter as well 😳

These high ABV beers seem to be showing up a lot in bottle shops in Adelaide, well down the Bay area anyway.

I find their prices getting higher & higher, I realise why but $20.00 for 1 beer is a bit much!

I have tried the odd one but I wouldn't make a habit out of it.

https://www.beercartel.com.au/beer/brewery/belgian-breweries/chimay/

DM_ER_1000004677_CHIMAYSML.htm

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

These high ABV beers seem to be showing up a lot in bottle shops in Adelaide, well down the Bay area anyway.

I find their prices getting higher & higher, I realise why but $20.00 for 1 beer is a bit much!

I have tried the odd one but I wouldn't make a habit out of it.

https://www.beercartel.com.au/beer/brewery/belgian-breweries/chimay/

DM_ER_1000004677_CHIMAYSML.htm 10.19 kB · 2 downloads

Just saw the green one there, for $15 😳

I paid 2.95€, which is $4.5

Did come from the other side of the world though 

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

This is a decent Kriek. Wouldn’t have more than a glass or so, gets a bit cloying.

IMG_8947.jpeg

I have tried this one from a liquor store, I normally don't go muck on fruit beers, but the cherries had a sweet/tart taste & TBH it wasn't' bad but it is something I couldn't drink a lot of.

1200_06160757_5411223101033_01.jpeg

• Like 3