Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

This one is not bad either. Especially picking up a 10 can slab for $21. 

"A cool coastal breeze in the golden sunshine, this refreshingly smooth hazy pale ale is like those perfect Aussie days. Gazing out on an aqua blue ocean as the waves greet you in the soft sand, you might find yourself lost in the haze.

Freshly hopped with Mosaic, Amarillo and Eclipse to inspire your senses with notes of tropical fruit and citrus as the sun dips slowly into the sea."

Love their beers

IMG_6384.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

None of that for me thanks 😝 I am into a Pilsner on a dreary, showery overcast Sunday afternoon.

No beer on tap ATM, I am waiting a few more days before I try my latest AG brew.

20230430_161648.thumb.jpg.eea5df9f1ad6f4c6b0a727d79deaa1e6.jpg

Oettinger is German for "gets the job done." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

What it is to me is a damn good German Beer at an affordable price while the kegs are carbonating, enough of them will get the job done 🤪

It has been referred to as Germany's most popular beer. It's solid, I've had plenty of them. There are no bad beers in Germany, they wouldn't survive. But I've seen Germans react to the claim it's "the most popular." It's sales are the highest because it's good enough and gets the job done, not because it's "the most popular."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

This a really good beer, however it has just hit $60.99 for 24 cans at Dans. Unfortunately I am now out, too expensive,

$60.99 case (24)
$21.99 pack (6)

916901-1.png?impolicy=PROD_LG

I have only ever bought them in 6 x packs, they used to be $17 then 18,19, 20 & now $22.00, so I still reckon its good value for 500ml cans.

• Like 4

On 3/28/2023 at 6:18 PM, Kegory said:

I was quite surprised to find a kellerbier at a bottle'o in Reservoir.

IMG_20230328_175157096_HDR.thumb.jpg.1af33f8eaea351e25b5c507cd03a81c6.jpg

My first kellerbier. It's very nice, too.

I was just looking at the Weihenstephaner website. This beer is brewed with the rare Hallertauer Record hops which are only grown by a single farmer in the Hallertau region.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kegory said:

I was just looking at the Weihenstephaner website. This beer is brewed with the rare Hallertauer Record hops which are only grown by a single farmer in the Hallertau region.

I reckon all of their beers are awesome, I haven't a bad one yet, always reliable just like Coopers.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I bet it won't be your last, Prost'

You're right. I bought two, ha ha. But yeah, it is quite nice.

And I agree, all their beers are very good. All the ones I've tried so far, anyway. I've got two more to try soon, I visited Purvis World of Beer yesterday, including the best beer in the world. Looking forward to that one.

• Like 3

IMG_06241.thumb.jpg.0185462e2c39a08c3dd595bc4bcc05b7.jpg

shaken not stirred (mainly out of necessity). last of the beer o'clock knock off premix cocktails that have been staring at me since christmas last year.

never had a martini before, not sure i'll have one again. white spirits just aren't my thing.

back to the beers in the work fridge next friday!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

IMG_06241.thumb.jpg.0185462e2c39a08c3dd595bc4bcc05b7.jpg

shaken not stirred (mainly out of necessity). last of the beer o'clock knock off premix cocktails that have been staring at me since christmas last year.

never had a martini before, not sure i'll have one again. white spirits just aren't my thing.

back to the beers in the work fridge next friday!

Your problem here is the lack of a green olive.

• Haha 3