Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Three Chins Brewing ( aka @Hoppy81 )

Crushing Hops IPA.

Delicious smashable IPA. Perfect bitterness with a lovely malt background. I've just knocked off from a taxing day at work and this beer is the lawnmower beer of IPAs. It does sneak up on you though. This is in my top ten of beers I'd choose right now. I don't mean that lightly.

20230414_170244.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Crushing Hops IPA.

Delicious smashable IPA. Perfect bitterness with a lovely malt background. I've just knocked off from a taxing day at work and this beer is the lawnmower beer of IPAs. It does sneak up on you though. This is in my top ten of beers I'd choose right now. I don't mean that lightly.

20230414_170244.jpg

Totally agreed @Pale Man I have had it too & it is amazing, in fact so are all of Hoppy's beers - as you can see! 😁

20230414_172526.thumb.jpg.49d648311b40ac8954b8ef2ce6c5c638.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Crushing Hops IPA.

20230414_170244.jpg

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Totally agreed @Pale Man I have had it too & it is amazing, in fact so are all of Hoppy's beers - as you can see! 😁

20230414_172526.thumb.jpg.49d648311b40ac8954b8ef2ce6c5c638.jpg

Cheers guys, very much appreciated. I'm happy you guys enjoy them 🍻

I've just bottled about 300 bottles all individually one by one and will now sit down and enjoy one myself. Cheers all

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Cheers guys, very much appreciated. I'm happy you guys enjoy them 🍻

I've just bottled about 300 bottles all individually one by one and will now sit down and enjoy one myself. Cheers all

On top of the 200 odd litres you brewed yesterday. You're a brewing machine 😅

• Haha 1

It’s taken me several days to do a “gatepost” shot but that’s because this is the first day the rain hasn’t been horizontal. And I keep coming back here thinking the weather might be ok. Einstein’s definition of madness.

0997FFF5-C936-4C81-AC3B-156AD02717D7.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

It’s taken me several days to do a “gatepost” shot but that’s because this is the first day the rain hasn’t been horizontal. And I keep coming back here thinking the weather might be ok. Einstein’s definition of madness.

I love the Sierra Nevada range including that one, have you tried this one 9.2%, it's a blast. 🚀 

• Like 1

Coopers pacific ale. Hops included are Galaxy and Melba. I would say neither is particularly strong in this brew, overall it’s quite sessionable as a subdued hop flavour pacific ale. Less Galaxy presence than say Stone & Wood, similar colour and body. Overall pretty good!

14724F27-8628-4FDF-A000-40B32E680CC7.jpeg

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I haven't had that for years & wasn't a fan, if I come across it anywhere I will give it a try.

Haven’t seen it in a long time either, was half price, $4.60 a long neck, cheaper and better than lots of craft beer, old school honest Pilsner 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Haven’t seen it in a long time either, was half price, $4.60 a long neck, cheaper and better than lots of craft beer, old school honest Pilsner 

Fair enough, I probably would have done the same.

Better than this crap my neighbour gave me, she spends lots of money in the drive thru & they gave her a 4 -pack of this 😬

This further cements my thoughts on fruit beers, it is sweet sickly watery & you cannot create a head, what a miserable excuse for a beer, sure it tastes like passionfruit but on par with most of the absolute rubbish Pinnacle drinks supply their Dan's with, & it is only 300ml - what a joke! But thanks Annie anyway.

20230415_162055.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Fair enough, I probably would have done the same.

Better than this crap my neighbour gave me, she spends lots of money in the drive thru & they gave her a 4 -pack of this 😬

This further cements my thoughts on fruit beers, it is sweet sickly watery & you cannot create a head, what a miserable excuse for a beer, sure it tastes like passionfruit but on par with most of the absolute rubbish Pinnacle drinks supply their Dan's with, & it is only 300ml - what a joke! But thanks Annie anyway.

20230415_162055.jpg

Must have been ghastly after a stout😅

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Knowing that wifey loves her Sours, my son gave her a farewell present before he went to Whyalla, SA for the next 3 years for work ( if you need a good Chiropractor, he is the guy). And my first taste of a Belgian beer didn’t disappoint at all, o my god, this is soooooo gooood, I need moooore.

BF86B3A1-39C4-417C-9042-8B02DB872FE6.jpeg

310E240C-7416-4CDA-8393-2C9B7A02CDDD.jpeg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Knowing that wifey loves her Sours, my son gave her a farewell present before he went to Whyalla, SA for the next 3 years for work ( if you need a good Chiropractor, he is the guy). And my first taste of a Belgian beer didn’t disappoint at all, o my god, this is soooooo gooood, I need moooore.

BF86B3A1-39C4-417C-9042-8B02DB872FE6.jpeg

310E240C-7416-4CDA-8393-2C9B7A02CDDD.jpeg

Duchesse de Bourgogne from Brouwerij Verhaeghe is a traditional Flemish red ale. This refreshing ale is matured in oak casks; smooth with a rich texture and interplay of passion fruit, and chocolate, and a long, dry and acidic finish. After the first and secondary fermentation, the beer goes for maturation into the oak barrels for 18 months. The final product is a blend of younger 8 months old beer with 18 months old beer. The average age of the Duchesse de Bourgogne before being bottled is 12 months.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Knowing that wifey loves her Sours, my son gave her a farewell present before he went to Whyalla, SA for the next 3 years for work ( if you need a good Chiropractor, he is the guy). 

I can hear the @Pale Man and @Hoppy81 bones a-crunching already.  ha ha🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Knowing that wifey loves her Sours, my son gave her a farewell present before he went to Whyalla, SA for the next 3 years for work ( if you need a good Chiropractor, he is the guy).

How cool, in mine and @Pale Man neck of the woods, does he like a good craft beer?

• Like 1

Slipstream Brewing - West Coast Tour IPA - Oregon

• Massive pine aroma that lasted the whole glass.
  • Highish bitterness
  • Very flavourful: Malt, pine and earthy
  • Nicely balanced.  Sometimes these beers can be too sweet or too bitter, making them a sipping experience.  In this case you can chug it pretty easily.  Just a bit dangerous for a 6.6% ABV brew.

IMG_3682.JPG.36d9448a68cc14db92eca9392ffa70c3.JPG

• Like 7