Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

1 hour ago, #granted+brew said:

@joolbag that's Peppa our cat. She was asleep in those agapanthus behind her, she came out for a pat when I came outside with my beer.

Cheers, Lee

Must be fun getting her to the vet for vaccinations etc. I had to round up my 2 for their annual visit this morning. They're nowhere near the size of yours but I still lost some blood. 

Cheers, 

John

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an early sip of the ale I am submitting to a comp, it is pretty good but will improve with another week.

I can definitely pick up the grapefruit from the cascade but not really pick up much from the galaxy or motueka....I never used motueka so not sure what to expect. My wife says it is super fruity and can pick up the grapefruit and she says passionfruit and pear?

Norris

2018-09-11 18.27.45.jpg

I thought that, but it is not like what I have experienced in the past with galaxy, I did buy it somewhere else. Usually I can pick up the galaxy easily, in this one I get the grapefruit and some indistinct fruit aroma and flavour. I usually dont use 3 hops at once so it could be too much for my 3rd grade palatte.

Tonight was a Caribbean Porter, which I've named Exodus. ???? Didn't mess around with the recipe too much except I used a Gen2 harvest of Morgan's Premium Ale yeast which I believe is on par with S-04.00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180826170800283_COVER.thumb.jpg.51eec840ce3e693a22ca5d632b3fe40a.jpg

Midnight Wheat cold steep is really shining through. All sweet, bitter and sour with a chocolate constant. Max 2x long necks of these a night though... ? They pack a punch.

Should have stayed in bed this morning, was at work for less then an hour and got pissed off. Ended up storming off and going home. So now I'm going to RDWHAHB.

IMG_20180913_111716.thumb.jpg.77356b6523ea386b11e9d9e2c7eebe32.jpg

Two month old toucan

O.S. Draught kit

Mexican Cervesa kit

200g Dextrose

made to 25 litres

1× o.s. kit yeast & 175mls slurry of the same from previous toucan brew.

Dry hop 20g Cascade

This particular batch keeps getting better and better, dry hop aroma almost gone now but can still taste it.

My first impressions a month and a half ago were that it tasted too strong (alcoholic) and bitter but now all the harshness has mellowed out and its pretty darn good. ABV is around 5.2%.

I have had good feedback from my mates with this one, probably the best comments yet.. I probably won't try it again but then again if the cans are on special again it might be a quick easy fridge filler with decent results. 

Cheers everyone, try and have a good day ?

Lee.

I wish I could storm off and go home every time I got angry at work, although most days I'd probably be there less than half an hour ? What is it you do for work?

Meanwhile, I have no home brew going at the moment since the lager keg blew last night, however, there is a full keg of brown ale ready to go in and the pale ale in the FV is due to be kegged on either Sunday or Monday, so it's only gonna be this weekend that beer is off tap. Two quick ale ferments have been quite useful.

16 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I wish I could storm off and go home every time I got angry at work, although most days I'd probably be there less than half an hour ? What is it you do for work?

Hi Kelsey, 

I'm a Concretor and pretty much a jack of all trades, but get paid as a labourer still.. that's half my problem...

The boss is my brother in law which is good and hard at the same time, but with regards to storming off it was a kerbing job that the suits in the office stuffed up the radius of. We fixed it up but not to council standards so we have to do it again... I shouldn't be so upset about it, it's no skin off my nose. Wish we could make the suits who got it wrong in the first place come and do it, that would be funny to see. 

Cheers, Lee

4 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Yes, very much so....
I am satisfied with having spent the extra on all new and quality bits too.

Nice work. I reckon I’ll spend on quality as well when I get there. Probably in a year or so. I might even purchase as I go so it doesn’t seem like such a big purchase at once. 

How long have you been bottling your beers up until now?

On 9/12/2018 at 10:33 PM, elLachlano said:

Tonight was a Caribbean Porter, which I've named Exodus. ???? Didn't mess around with the recipe too much except I used a Gen2 harvest of Morgan's Premium Ale yeast which I believe is on par with S-04.00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180826170800283_COVER.thumb.jpg.51eec840ce3e693a22ca5d632b3fe40a.jpg

Midnight Wheat cold steep is really shining through. All sweet, bitter and sour with a chocolate constant. Max 2x long necks of these a night though... ? They pack a punch.

How good is the Caribbean Porter, i've got 3 longnecks left that are 7 months old and they keep getting better with age.

Archived