Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just enjoying my first bottle of my amber ale. Sorry Scottie... This is my best beer yet! 

20 days in the bottle and I'm onto a winner. I've named it 'Lusty's Mosaic Amber Ale' and I've never tasted anything like it (I don't get out much...) Bitter, fruity, malty goodness. 

I'll post a pic when I get some good light so I can compete with the likes of @BlackSands ? ?

But for now this will have to do ?

Screenshot_20180925-223323.thumb.png.530efbc720f03cec617f64c8740bf47e.png

Cheers,Lee

Well I just tried my Kilowog Krush, 3 days carbonation, so early, but the carbonation seems right were I like it, but it looks like a NEIPA, which I knew could be a possible (I did 10g/l dry hop so I also knew it wasnt going to be clear) especially since I decided against clearing it.

The taste/aroma is really good, just what I was hoping and trying for. The Balter XPA was on my mind, but the nelson sauvin is coming in strong, we are getting a plethora of aromas, grapeish pear like thing with a whack of fruity citrus bitterness that is...dare I say juicy?!?! I think it is a session NEIPA, did I just make that up? I wasnt trying for that but was hoping the cold crash would clear it up more. I guess kaiju krush and Balter XPA probably get filtered and cleared up. Either way I am happy so far, will check back on Friday.

1 hour ago, Norris! said:

Well I just tried my Kilowog Krush, 3 days carbonation, so early, but the carbonation seems right were I like it, but it looks like a NEIPA, which I knew could be a possible (I did 10g/l dry hop so I also knew it wasnt going to be clear) especially since I decided against clearing it.

The taste/aroma is really good, just what I was hoping and trying for. The Balter XPA was on my mind, but the nelson sauvin is coming in strong, we are getting a plethora of aromas, grapeish pear like thing with a whack of fruity citrus bitterness that is...dare I say juicy?!?! I think it is a session NEIPA, did I just make that up? I wasnt trying for that but was hoping the cold crash would clear it up more. I guess kaiju krush and Balter XPA probably get filtered and cleared up. Either way I am happy so far, will check back on Friday.

Nice one Norris. 

There better be a picture of this violently casually racist beer come Friday pal. 

Captain

Don’t mind a nice drop of  whisky on the weekends myself!

Had a few Monkey Shoulders the other day, not bad for a blend - can’t go past Glenmorangie for taste and value though I reckon!

Just kegged my Citra Mosaic Pale Ale, 41 IBUs 6%, quite possibly my best beer ever!!

There’s just something about Citra and Mosaic that do it for me!

Nice malt bill of Ale malt, Munich and caramunich with a decent dry hop Citra and Mosaic 40g / 30g

Also just started my Amagalaxy IPA, 61 IBUs and 6%.

First time brewing with wheat (0.25kg) and Carapils, and I am liking the result.

Happy days!!

James

2 hours ago, James Lao said:

Don’t mind a nice drop of  whisky on the weekends myself!

Had a few Monkey Shoulders the other day, not bad for a blend - can’t go past Glenmorangie for taste and value though I reckon!

Just kegged my Citra Mosaic Pale Ale, 41 IBUs 6%, quite possibly my best beer ever!!

There’s just something about Citra and Mosaic that do it for me!

Nice malt bill of Ale malt, Munich and caramunich with a decent dry hop Citra and Mosaic 40g / 30g

Also just started my Amagalaxy IPA, 61 IBUs and 6%.

First time brewing with wheat (0.25kg) and Carapils, and I am liking the result.

Happy days!!

James

Don't mind a Glenmorangie either. Have a bottle in my stash. Prefer Islay single malts though. Laphroaig and ardberg especially.

1 minute ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Don't mind a Glenmorangie either. Have a bottle in my stash. Prefer Islay single malts though. Laphroaig and ardberg especially.

Love the Ardbeg. Love Talisker. Love Lagavulin.

Used to love the speyside Glenkinchie when it was the 10 year old, it's like they've gone too smooth/bland now it's a 12 year old.

Caol Ila is just insanely awesome, but I can't afford it very often!

On 10/6/2018 at 10:05 PM, porschemad911 said:

Me too ? ... my wife did buy some very tasty Japanese gin but I will be dead if I steal any of that.

Solved! I couldn't resist grabbing some of the little 3 pack sampler from Aldi. Highlands single malt from memory, NAS, 50ml each of the rum, sherry and bourbon cask finishes.

So I had another glass to see how it was coming, of the Kilowog Krush. It has a real nice bitterness, for my tastes, with a whack of herbal hop right off the bat that smooths into a citrus like tastes with strong grape and pear aromas.

The cloudiness is from the hops, non use of kettle finings and no clearing agents, but the look actually helps the taste, if that makes sense, you expect juice and you do get it but the bitterness and hops come through to remind you it ain't juice. This is my 3rd or 4th best beer only because I wanted it clearer.

20181011_165124.thumb.jpg.700153366c128c53b6ceb743e330f7be.jpg

It is still early and I expect the hops to continue to meld together, I expect the last glass of this will have me wanting more!

Good brewing

Norris

Needed to give this another test. This is my English Bitter w fuggles and Nottingham yeast. I used a little more sugar in this one, and there is a slight increase in carb levels versus my pale.

I wouldn't use more as this style of beer doesn't have much carbonation anyway. Made sure i had a really clean glass this time, and the result is all good, firm creamy head. 

It's only at Day 12, so pretty happy right now.

20181010_214959.thumb.jpg.dae04b45f1cd5411d0e39245fa82cc7c.jpg

On 10/6/2018 at 3:23 PM, BlackSands said:

No,  these are shot on an old Nikon DSLR and then 'tweaked up' in Adobe Lightroom -  my digital darkroom of choice.   Photography is one of my "things"  ?

If interested:  https://ianrushton.smugmug.com/

Having just moved to a new house i need some art work. These are excellent i will order some. What size do they come?

Bloody nice looking beers there fellas, apart from Norris as he still shouldn’t be posting through his suspension. 

Norris, in all honesty, looks nice, If it was a NEIPA, It’s very cloudy, however with the amount of hops you put in there it’s no wonder it is. Plus no findings or clearing agents. Good job mate. Glad it tastes good for ya. Like I’ve said before get a base and work on it. I’m sure you’ll be saying this is your best beer yet in a few brews time. 

Archived