Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

On 10/21/2018 at 9:44 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

In almost every way mine is harsher.  This comparison might just be age related.

Mine is a bit darker.  Mine's aroma is more alcohol than hops (7.5% ABV)

I only managed to bottle mine on the weekend due to slow ferment (my first stall) and a few trips away during Oct. Ended up at 1010 and 7.47%. After nearly a whole month in the FV, bottle tasting notes were very alcoholic and almost "fruit winey". I do hope some age helps it out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my Kilowog Krush has been on tap for about 20days and it is a NEIPA. It tastes like one and smells like one, but on the sessionable side. Good beer with lots of aroma and flavours. My beersmith 3 settings are out and I am sure the IBUS are above 30. I miss beersmith 2. Anyways, nice beer, too bitter for my wife so this keg will be all me unless I have a poker night.

When I try this again I will drop the 60 min addition and go from 15 min down. Drop the dextrose and sub in some malt and make sure the ibus are around 25. I will switch the yeast to joystick by imperial. I will also reduce the dry hop to where I was originally planning, between 125g and 150g instead of the 204g I tossed in. I am not saying it was too much but I think I can get the same aroma and flavour with less...I hope. 

Now just waiting on my lager attempt.

Good brewing

Norris

This is my latest NEIPA. Damn it's tasty. 

Malt bill included Coopers Ale malt, Vienna and lots of flaked oats.

Galaxy , Mosaic and Vic Secret were used in copious quantities at whirlpool , first and second dry hop. Wyeast London ale 3 performed it's magic on the wort perfectly. 

For a 7% ABV beer this is just so stupidly drinkable. 

Photo 22-10-18, 1 21 32 pm.jpg

14 hours ago, Norris! said:

Forgot the obligatory picture!

20181024_175432.jpg

Is that the beer I had @Norris!. An absolute cracker of a beer. Cloudy, great aroma, heaps of passionfruit. Nice bitterness, great mouthfeel. Very good bright hop flavour, minimal malt influence. Really good beer. I would be happy to be served that at a bar. Top stuff.

@Ben 10

Thank you Ben! That means a lot. When I make a beer if my wife doesnt like it, it leaves me wondering how good it is! My friends dont like anything with too much bitterness also, so again I am always left wondering if it is any good. Man, I cannot tell you how happy you made me! My confidence is back.

Cheers

Norris

16 hours ago, Norris! said:

You go from Blacksands amazing photos to my shots.. a huge drop off to say the least.

Looks like your camera has focusing issues, background is sharp but the glass itself is OOF.   Same problem I have with my phone's cam (a Samsung S5).     For that reason I use a 'proper' camera instead!  ?

20 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Attempting to empty my saison keg. I have a Dales Pale needing kegging

Stealing my brew suggestion(s) you @#$&ard??!! ?

Seriously,... did you post a recipe listing Ben?

If you get close it's a cracking beer!

Cheers,

Lusty.

19 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

@Xenon

Thats a great colour on that beer. Impressive 

Also that’s a hop combo I must try

Yeah I usually go for the holy trinity of Galaxy , Mosaic and Citra , but I got hold of 180g of Vic secret so subbed that for Citra and it worked well. Fair bit cheaper than Citra as a bonus as well 8-)

Archived