Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Norris! that beer looks a bit like those pilsners of mine that I brewed without kettle finings, although mine weren't quite that hazy. If you want it clearer use kettle finings. Good separation of wort and break material is one factor in achieving good clarity in the beer. If you want it clearer still, you'll probably need post fermentation finings as well.

A ginger beer from a fwk, it is nice. Pretty much no head...but it is like a soft drink, so like 1 is all I can take on most session nights. Next up a kaiju krush to compare to my Krush, not expecting a clone but comparing the level of aromas and flavours to each other. So just a reason to drink 2 beers at once.449310453_2018-10-1218_49_23.thumb.jpg.58063cf57b53cbf2173b363622b92639.jpg

Hi everybody,

Enjoyed only the second bottle of my 'Lusty Mosaic Amber Ale' this evening. Great mouthfeel, easy drinking and tastes and smells so good. SWMBO likes it so it must be better than megaswill.. or at least as good as that Corona crap she buys in summer...

First glass out is clear as and not much lasting head to speak of but the second glass is thick and creamy down to the last drop. ?

I can see myself having another crack at this recipe in the near future. 

This picture is the second glass.

Cheers, Lee

IMG_20181012_185953.thumb.jpg.61700cfc5d1ec01461c8c6f03ef8227c.jpg

3 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Having a few of my northern English brown ales today during the brew day and also doing a smoking session afterwards of a piece of bacon, and a pork roast for dinner. Nice brew for a cold, rainy day, the weather probably suits the origin of this style ?

IMG_20181013_133247.thumb.jpg.ac6cbc791a1f5952060aa596a9934dac.jpg

Cheers

Kelsey

Nice looking beer!!

A hazy pale I did recently (forgot to get whirfloc). 'Hop bursted' at 15/10/5 and cube hopped with idaho 7 and centennial, first time using idaho7 and dammmnn this is bloody tasty. I get the flavor/aroma of orange/apricot that finishes with an almost black tea bitterness, haven't tasted anything quite like it. Definitely buying more of this variety to experiment, cheers.

IMG_0533.jpg

58 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

NZPA-3.thumb.JPG.8f4ee1720bbc1adb2ac11119397f376d.JPG

The malt focus of this otherwise straight-forward NZPA was Gladfield's Supernova ...

I really need to get me a decent camera and a decent location to take beer photos ? maybe our next house will have somewhere that makes beers look great. 

Your photos are awesome. Dad used to be right into photography so he could probably give me some tips as well. I remember going with him heaps of times when he was dropping off film and/or picking up photos. 

Archived