Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fergy1987 said:

Just finished my last Amber Ale ? and am now out of homebrew.....I have not timed my bottle conditioning well lol.

20180804_175339.jpg

It took me a few batches to really nail my bottle conditioning. Apart from my first stout, that took another 2 weeks before it started tasting any good ha ha 

Amber looks great mate

The Saison keg blew so I hooked up the pale ale. I had previously carbonated it so it was pretty much ready to go.

I would call this beer ‘servicable’. It is a Cascade and Galaxy Pale Ale but I think the hops were a getting a little old (much like myself). I will still finish the keg but it doesn’t excite me.

00435D77-2375-485A-A64B-AA8F70ABBE3F.thumb.jpeg.43fd6ecfb9585f200b08076449d43e4d.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Hairy said:

...I would call this beer ‘servicable’. It is a Cascade and Galaxy Pale Ale but I think the hops were a getting a little old (much like myself). I will still finish the keg but it doesn’t excite me.

I had a handful of beers like this back a few years ago & put it down to the same thing as you Hairy, being oldish hops that I had used. I didn't change anything drastically with amounts I was buying etc. but once I had opened a pack I just made the effort to use them up over a few brews (even now with the addition of a vac-sealer that I didn't have then).

Fresh is best. ?

Maybe take a bit of the advice you gave me once & add in a fresh hop tea to liven the beer up? Just de-gas the headspace in the keg & add? ?

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

This is a blend of two beers. An English Mild that turned out too watery and lacked in bitterness, and a good old Coopers English Bitter kit brew. Im drinking this beer for a good mate of mine who passed away yesterday. RIP Brady, ill miss ya mate

15338955114438498422726719637481.jpg

Sorry to hear about your mate Rowan ?

Blended beer can be a great way to get a less than great batch tasting better. I do it regularly in my small keg, not for that reason but just so I'm not wasting beer and I get an extra different batch from two existing ones. They usually turn out well.

Tried a few over the last week or so. 

1. Imperial Milk Stout
  2. Coopers BES (AG)
  3. Kumquat Rye Saison
  4. Imperial American Brown
  5. Coopers BES (kits and bits) 
  6. Aramis Pils
  7. Nelson Amber lager
  8. Doppelbock 
  9. Mosaic Rye lager
  10. Centennial DIPL 
  11. Aramis Pils (toned down version) 

Enjoyed them all a lot. I also took a trip out to Capital Brewing Co for the first time. Some nice beers, but have to say I much prefer the home selection. 

Cheers, 

John

Archived