Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I’m thinking the same thing. Just a little bit more warrior to give it that firm bitterness. 

If you remember this was FWA and cube hopped only so it was a bit of a gamble to how it was going to turn out. Which also means that it’ll fade quicker with all that late Hop. 

It also has 300g of medium crystal so it’s sweeter than my normal pales. 

Ill bump this recipe up 10 ibus in the front end and see how it goes next time. It’s bloody delicious at the moment though.

Captain

19 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

That looks sensational Hairy. Good on ya for sticking out dry July. Cheers to a few beers

It tasted a lot better than I thought it would. I could definitely taste the vanilla.

It probably needs another week or two.

I followed it up with a commercial milk stout and I actually prefer mine. My one has more body and the vanilla adds a nice touch.

7 minutes ago, Hairy said:

It tasted a lot better than I thought it would. I could definitely taste the vanilla.

It probably needs another week or two.

I followed it up with a commercial milk stout and I actually prefer mine. My one has more body and the vanilla adds a nice touch.

I love it when a homebrew beer is better than a commercial beer. Just tickles me pink.

sounds great mate and enjoy.

Had a pint of my Pale tonight,

Coopers APA kit

2Kg Gladfields American Pale Ale Malt

250g Flaked Rye

20g Centennial + 10g Citra @ FO

20g Centennial + 10 g Citra @ 70C for 30 mins. 

Double dry Hop of the above combo day 7 and day10

21L

US-05 @ 19C

4.2%ABV

Great drop ? Prominent Hop aroma.  Low bitterness.  Smooth, coating mouthfeel. I think next time I'll up the flaked rye.  

Will post a pic over the Weekend.

Cheers,

Dave

A hop slam IPA. My 2nd attempt at this one, as the last one was my 1st attempt at bulk priming and let's just say it was a bit flat. Nice floral fruitiness to it, however I feel this winter has converted me to lagers for that crisp taste.IMG_20180805_190234.thumb.jpg.adda42c05a3e78959d61ce85a4fc0a6c.jpg

Also, tonight is kombucha night. I'll admit that brewing the booch got me back into brewing beer. And getting back into beer has made my booch better!IMG_20180806_194819.thumb.jpg.48bf40b3adc21b4d352c43665abe61a7.jpg

This is a Jasmine/pear/ginger/lime blend.

Bottoms up!

Archived