Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

3 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Not that I care to get them just wondered if they are now not grown anymore. 

Yup, still grown... if they weren't I wouldn't have been able to obtain them and use them in this brew! 😄

Green Bullet is still used in some local megaswills, Steinlager being one that comes to mind.  Also, Blackrock use it for bittering in some of their kits, but aside from that it doesn't get much mention anywhere.  Similarly with the other two hops Sticklebract and Dr. Rudi, all having largely been displaced by more more popular new world varieties. 

• Thanks 2

Just drew my first AG NEIPA from the keg. I call it the Holy Mary IPA as it’s a virgin in a lot of senses. It’s only in the keg since Thursday. The bitterness is spot on. I thought it would be more bitter than the style allows but I’m pretty happy. The hops hit like a fruit bomb. 

475C59EB-68BF-4B3B-B061-3D8A5FE6E5CE.jpeg

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Just drew my first AG NEIPA from the keg. I call it the Holy Mary IPA as it’s a virgin in a lot of senses. It’s only in the keg since Thursday. The bitterness is spot on. I thought it would be more bitter than the style allows but I’m pretty happy. The hops hit like a fruit bomb. 

Top stuff Paddy Congratulations. 
Still think biggie juice is good?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Pure GOLD Paddy and well played mate! 

A beautiful thing!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

475C59EB-68BF-4B3B-B061-3D8A5FE6E5CE.jpeg

Looks amazing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lightning Strike Recipe. Coopers Canadian blonde, malt, EKG and Cascade (subbed for the N Brewer, which I couldn't get). Needs more hopping to get flavour, for me the boil is too small/short.

20191123_164307_resized.thumb.jpg.9015286f186a815a52347946238d53fe.jpg

Edited by Lab Rat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Norris! said:

Whatcha talking about Willis? "Kilowog Krush and Juicy Az" are groundbreaking names. Soon to be followed by Beezelbub's Beer.

Annnnd it took you 9 hours to cone up with that retort ha ha ha Kilowog Krishna was awesome. Juicy as?......... not so much.

Get our your paint brushes, be an artist!🤪

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Haha 1

Caribbean (Mex) Siesta from the recipe page. Had to sub the calypso for Lemondrop and Cascade. Result is very faint lemon aroma and a light tasting beer. Could do with more hop, but thought I bittered this quite a lot. Still works as summer quaffing. Has some haze.

20191124_130308_resized.thumb.jpg.d6c9950e38328a283f2421b9885bf7d2.jpg

Edited by Lab Rat
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Tap "list" here after today's kegging of the centenarillo. I just estimated the ABV of the blend being half and half 4.6 and 4.94, avg 4.77. Drinking a red ale at the moment, the blend is on serving pressure gas so it should be carbonated by the weekend. 

20191126_122924.thumb.jpg.7d0ab9ba8f530e26719e756c96787497.jpg

Tap 3 sounds like a tasty brew!  🤪

• Haha 1

Getting to the end of this Helles batch.  And, as is always the case... it's just now starting to taste like a fairly decent beer!  😄   Was sickly sweet earlier in its life but that disappointing aspect seems to have diminished quite a bit now.  Still too sweet for my tastes though. 

Helles_Nov2019-1.jpg

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 2

Hi guys I used Ottos Pilsner recipe using 34/70 turned  great haven’t even lagered it yet sorry about the crap photo’s not sure if it’s a little dark as I did scale the recipe up slightly maybe too much black malt but it’s very nice so cheers Otto 👍👍 It’s crystal clear and had head all the way down😎

5C81DDD8-8FE5-4E31-8C48-9710D827C4B3.jpeg

3F81B74A-7585-4B5F-A6D8-275EAFC86C86.jpeg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Good to hear it turned out well mate, looks the goods too. I've got a batch in one FV currently which should be kegged in about 3 weeks or so, looking forward to having it back on tap again, and actually cold this time 🤣

Cheers mate it’s very drinkable I think even the captain might like it🤣

• Haha 3