Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

6 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

I can’t take professional photo like some on here😂 I could put it on my back lawn in front of my rotting timber fence with dog shit in the background

The only difference between a professional photo & one you would probably take is the professional will make sure there is light behind the subject. That's all that makes it professional.

Why do you have to make things so complicated?  😜

😁

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerlust said:

The only difference between a professional photo & one you would probably take is the professional will make sure there is light behind the subject. That's all that makes it professional.

Why do you have to make things so complicated?  😜

😁

Cheers,

Lusty.

Will light coloured dog shit be enough😂

1 minute ago, Beer Baron said:

Will light coloured dog shit be enough😂

To be honest, not sure as I've not seen a beer pic of this nature before. Most brewers like to throw a positive spin on their beer. Shit doesn't normally inspire greatness in anything pictured next to it or around it. 🤣

Maybe post a suitable pic & let the forum members ponder its merit? 😜

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beerlust said:

... doesn't normally inspire greatness in anything pictured next to it or around it.

Haha sure it does. My rack of brewing gear is a metre and a half away from the cat in my profile pic's litter tray. The x-factor in those truly great batches...

Although it does get scooped out morning and night if need be... And my fermenter is in a different room.

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911

7 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

Haha sure it does. My rack of brewing gear is a metre and a half away from the cat in my profile pic's litter tray. The x-factor in those truly great batches...

Although it does get scooped out morning and night if need be... And my fermenter is in a different room.

So that black Saison you made didn't originally start out that way? 😜

John's friend trying the Black Saison for the first time, "John, is that aroma derived from the yeast?"

John, "No, that would be from a fresh steamer in the cat litter". 

😁

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I have a half decent camera but I don’t own a computer so I can’t get the photos

You need neither of those items.  Don't need a Camera.  Don't need a PC.  Need a 'new-ish' smart-phone.  

Just a Sony Xperia phone... and all shall come to pass.  Take photo on Xperia and then use phone to go onto Coops DIY and put photo thereon.

Mate of mine says about his Xperia bullet proof - water proof phone = an expensive Camera... takes greeeaaaat photos.  (PS I don't have one).

But basically any smartypants-phone you can take photo with and then read DIYBEER with and then load photo onto site... 

Unless your phone - which is when they made them so easy to use and so tuff..  looks like this:

image.png.619aaeacf58904913e50bca62e1b63c7.png

They used to work very very well back then... and were as tough as nails.

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Need a 'new-ish' smart-phone.

That still counts me out. I only upgrade when my phone is totally broken. I’m definitely not on the technology bandwagon and I’m reasonably young. 

I only got rid of my first car a couple of years ago and I’m in my mid 30’s

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beer Baron said:

That still counts me out. I only upgrade when my phone is totally broken. I’m definitely not on the technology bandwagon and I’m reasonably young. 

I only got rid of my first car a couple of years ago and I’m in my mid 30’s

Luvyerwork BB1.  Keep on  Brewing.

BB2

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well.... what am I drinking... 

Head Retention... bit of concern... colour good... mouthfeel... yeah pretty creamy mouthfeel.... malt... yeah good full bodied dark malt-bill flavours....

What is it... mmmm…. Coopers BES... freshly purchased last night...

just is bizarre after rating some of my beers and going... well head retention is not that good... well my BES has no frothy head retention...

mind you it tastes just fine... but interesting to  view the real thing... in our own HB Critique terms hey... 

If that was back in Ireland... think Paddy would rate that a "Bishop's Necklace" !!??!!

image.png.3d8360c1af5ead94ca38147ace629815.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon proper cameras still take better photos than phones. Plus they're usually easier to hold steady. 

I don't know if this applies to all digital cameras but I find with phone cameras if you take a picture of a beer angled down at it, it significantly distorts the shape of the glass, making it look huge at the top and tiny at the bottom. 

• Like 1

I am up in Mansfield and just had a Summer Ale and a Pale Ale by Mansfield Brewery.

The summer ale is very nice and restrained, but with fair aroma and a crisp dry finish, definitely a beer I will buy again.

The Pale Ale was hoppier and very balanced with good aroma and flavour. I preferred the summer ale but the pale ale is just as nice.

Cheers

Norris

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beerlust said:

So that black Saison you made didn't originally start out that way? 😜

John's friend trying the Black Saison for the first time, "John, is that aroma derived from the yeast?"

John, "No, that would be from a fresh steamer in the cat litter". 

😁

Cheers,

Lusty.

Of course all beer tasting happens in the vicinity. Otherwise it wouldn't be quite the same. Drink (very) fresh and drink local. 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having a Flanders Red. No pic as the lighting is rather poor at the moment.

I made this one on the 29th of September last year.

It is rather nice. Wine like fruitiness. Unfortunately undercarbed. Stunning sour cherry flavour and aroma. 16 IBU so perhaps slightly too bitter.
Mellow sourness that is refreshing and compliments the sherry/ cherry/ winey flavours.

I have another that is still in the FV from January. That will be interesting.

• Like 4

I started sipping on a Blueberry Porter, by Lusty, I got some nice hints of blueberry, malt and maybe coffee? It was nice and smooth but just to thick for my liking. I have moved onto my bitsa ale, that is more my tastes.

Liked the porter, I could tell it was made well and clean, just not my style.

Cheers

Norris

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I reckon proper cameras still take better photos than phones. Plus they're usually easier to hold steady. 

I don't know if this applies to all digital cameras but I find with phone cameras if you take a picture of a beer angled down at it, it significantly distorts the shape of the glass, making it look huge at the top and tiny at the bottom. 

I suspect you are correct Kelsey otherwise Nikon, Canon etc the makers of great SLRs in the past would not be in business.  It is just that I have seen incidental photos done by Xperia (stupidly expensive things but waterproof which my mate needs) which are just crazily good... surf stuff, bees flying in and out of their hive... sunsets... sunrise... just way better than my dodgy old work iPhone...  It is just easier w Phone as you can upload so easily...  and they are getting better all the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

It is rather nice. Wine like fruitiness. Unfortunately undercarbed. Stunning sour cherry flavour and aroma. 16 IBU so perhaps slightly too bitter.
Mellow sourness that is refreshing and compliments the sherry/ cherry/ winey flavours.

Tell us more mate. Did u use an oak stave or spiral in the FV? And did you actually rack it onto cherries or are you getting these flavours from the yeast/bac blend?

Got a recipe handy? I've been looking at getting a big glass carboy for a long ageing session for this exact beer.

2 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Having a Flanders Red. No pic as the lighting is rather poor at the moment. I made this one on the 29th of September last year.

It is rather nice. Wine like fruitiness. Unfortunately undercarbed. Stunning sour cherry flavour and aroma. 

Maybe I should send up a few bottles of the below BT - you could blend in quietly to assist with your lack-of-carb probs...  Suspect you wouldna need to add to much... ; )

image.png.28ca3066acdbe6aa7828d829bbf16db0.png

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Hens love roosters, geese love ganders

Everyone else loves Red Flanders.

Not me!

Well, actually I love a Flanders Red. I have a crate full that is very hard to leave to mature.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Everything looks good, except the glass! Poor form!!!! 😆

Yeah.  I should have mentioned that before joining the forum.  When the glass was full you could not tell.  However, this brew is so easy to drink, even at 9.3%, the level in the glass got too low before I took the photo.

• Haha 2