Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

48 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Desktop companion.  Dipping back into the saison I brewed back in the Summer....

Saison-1.jpg

Whenever I brew a beer can you come and take pictures please. You would make dirty toilet water look good!!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Hi BB, How long have you aged it? I bottled a stout/dark ale toucan yesterday.

Comments re age as above... just thought it would be worthwhile noting the Toucan thing... honestly... without any AG or adjunct additions... if anyone was keen to improve their brewing... a Two-Can Coopers Toucan is the way to go... well at least with the darker beer side of things.. the Dark Ale - Lager as the 'sugar' or malt addition... proves to be such an outstanding brew.... anyone can do... and the result is great.  I did have temp control which is useful... and good water... but as a first-out try-to-brew something bigger.. a Two Can Toucan is the way to go IMHHO (in my honest humble opinion).  BB

image.png.db65d7e7fd36c287201ee177d169c25e.png

35 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Furthering my education and enjoying the fruits of the hobby. 

Battleship Bitter.  

Shall have to avail meself of a copy of the splendid volume...

image.thumb.png.f6a62345e489dc41e1a971f8c0437dad.png

• Like 2

@PaddyBrew2

Agree Palmer is an excellent choice with 300 plus pages of good oil for brewing.

Logical progression approach with great appendices and reference stuff.

Paid $8 for a 2006 edition of How to Brew. 

Highly recommended.

Not sure about your pot plant choice...….water saving option??

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Mate she’s in charge of the vegetation 😂

Made me nearly wet myself.

Yeap same here, I am merely the bloke that applies the chosen colour scheme in the house. 🙂

Happy wifey, life.....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, YeastyBoy said:

Made me nearly wet myself.

Yeap same here, I am merely the bloke that applies the chosen colour scheme in the house. 🙂

Happy wifey, life.....

Haha same.  She picks the plants, the herbs , the pots, the dog

im the one who waters them and picks up their shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sipping on a partial mash cerveza with Maris otter, US05, mosaic, citra, azacca and Nelson sauvin, it was a bitsa ale. Nice. Very clean and approachable. The wife said it was a tad too bitter, but keeps filling her glass, so it must be alright. I did a fair dry hop of about 7g a liter of the mix with the NS only having 20g to add and the rest pretty equal.

We are getting a lot of floral and tropical notes from the mix. The bitterness hits you up front and then quickly subsides to a nice dry finish.

Weird side note, I like to smell the glass after the beer is gone. I generally can pick up what I feel is the bones of the brew. This one had a really nice aroma that made me want to pour another and appreciate how great mosaic, citra and azacca are.

Cheers

Norris

20190520_184007.jpg

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Haha same.  She picks the plants, the herbs , the pots, the dog

im the one who waters them and picks up their shit

Ah Well Paddy me old mate... at least yer won't hafta water that spiky one too much to keep it going!

That'll leave yer a bit more water for brewing purposes 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well its been a month since I bottled my first attempt at a recipe of my own design.

Wasn't really sure what I'd created at first. I had a sneaky sample after 6 days and it tasted way too much like fizzy fruit cup cordial with very slight bitterness. Then I tried a few more at two weeks and was pleasantly surprised at how the malt was starting to shine through. Now at one month its going down nicely indeed. Not bitter enough for my own tastes but I'll definitely be trying it again with a different hop schedule.

Full recipe and process was in the 'what's in your fermenter' thread, but it was just 1.5kg Coopers LDM, 1.5kgCoopers LME, 250g light crystal, 40g Cascade (boil) 50g Vic. Secret (steep) made to 23 litres, 2 sachets Coopers O.S. kit yeast rehydrated. 50g dry hop Vic. Secret.

Viccas Ale...

IMG_20190519_141609.thumb.jpg.fde82a7d0202ea2ebd33595a38de46ee.jpg

Cheers 🍻, Lee

• Like 5

On 5/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, Beer Baron said:

Drinking my el dorado pale ale while watching replays of Sydney FC’s last grand final win

CF25EB76-39A4-4205-9F1D-2DED328CE35B.jpeg

Over the past decade or so I've fallen behind much of the modern technologies, & am often quite lucid from the affects of alcohol,....

....so when did TV's start drinking beer?? 🤔

😁

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi YeastyBoy.

3 minutes ago, YeastyBoy said:

@Beerlust

That's a dark looking pale ale? On a par with my EB.

Is it the photo or how it is brewed with darker malts?

It's not my beer in the pic, but beer colour in pictures is influenced heavily by the light around them where the pic is taken. If you look at the picture, there is black & dark brown behind the beer, that is influencing the colour you see.

If Beer Baron took a picture outside with the sun behind it, it would look completely different & way lighter (IMHO).

Cheers,

Lusty.

3 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Hi YeastyBoy.

It's not my beer in the pic, but beer colour in pictures is influenced heavily by the light around them where the pic is taken. If you look at the picture, there is black & dark brown behind the beer, that is influencing the colour you see.

If Beer Baron took a picture outside with the sun behind it, it would look completely different & way lighter (IMHO).

Cheers,

Lusty.

Gotcha Lusty,

Missed the Beer Baron thingy at the top of the picture.

Nice head on the brew, my telly gets zip of my beer too, my TV runs on electrickery!!

Cheers

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, YeastyBoy said:

Gotcha Lusty,

Missed the Beer Baron thingy at the top of the picture.

Nice head on the brew, my telly gets zip of my beer too, my TV runs on electrickery!!

Cheers

That's fine to say that... But I've woken up in front of the Telly n wondered where me beer's gone 👽

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, YeastyBoy said:

That's a dark looking pale ale? On a par with my EB.

Is it the photo or how it is brewed with darker malts?

Cheers

It’s quite pale but I just have it in a dark corner, under a dark TV in front of dark bricks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

I can’t take professional photo like some on here😂 I could put it on my back lawn in front of my rotting timber fence with dog shit in the background

• Haha 2

Just now, Beer Baron said:

I can’t take professional photo like some on here😂 I could put it on my back lawn in front of my rotting timber fence with dog shit in the background

I have a half decent camera but I don’t own a computer so I can’t get the photos

• Haha 1