Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Hi @MUZZY if I remember correctly, this was an experiment to find a beer Your Son would drink.

Has he had a Sniff or taste as Yet ??

Jeez David, I'm not sure I can remember now. It probably was. My boy and his mates approved of the Mex Cerveza I made him a little while ago and maybe I was trying to find a tightar$e, whimpy style beer for him. Only problem is I developed a liking for it myself. Hahaha. I'm brewing another batch of it now. If he's lucky he might get some. 🤣
On the positive side, he's a bit of an athlete type and doesn't drink much like his old man. (THANK F#^&) So he won't feel like he's missing out.
In answer to your question: No, he hasn't tried it yet. In a way I'm glad because while it tastes OK, it's not a beer I'm proud to offer yet due to the head retention issues. Like most brewers I only like to offer beers to others that I think are good.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I think I mucked up

when I came to pouring me reclaimed Yeast into my brew today, I realised I have to do this again (drink Pale Ale), to get more yeast.

there must be a way to keep and grow yeast..

Help Please

Easiest way is when your brew is bottled, leave some beer in the FV, swirl up the liquid until it's nice and creamy.  Pour into 2 - 3 one litre sanitised glass jars.  Loosely fit their lids.  Put in fridge for the next three brews.  This can be repeated 3 - 4 times.  You can get a lot of brews from one yeast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I think I mucked up

when I came to pouring me reclaimed Yeast into my brew today, I realised I have to do this again (drink Pale Ale), to get more yeast.

there must be a way to keep and grow yeast..

Help Please

I'll try to guide you through my process, which I will admit is not foolproof because I've had the odd failure but that might be to do with the age of the beer the yeast is extracted from as opposed to the process.
Put stubbies in fridge for at least 4 days or more to ensure sediment is as stable as possible.
I will pour stubby into a glass carefully to try keep as much sediment in stubby as possible.
Unlike the Coopers video I don't pour 6 stubbies at once into a jug.
I add a splash of COOLED pre-boiled water from the kettle to the stubby sediment, screw the lid back on and put it in the fridge.
Drink next stubby the same way but this time I'll get the "watered down" stubby from the fridge, swirl it around to ensure I'm getting all the sediment and pour it into the most recently drank stubby.
I'll repeat this process for between 6 to 8 stubbies until I have enough yeast/sediment to perform the job.
Doing it this way, I don't have to drink 6-8 stubbies in one go. Can be done over a day or two. Truth be told , I'll do it in one day but others might not be so inclined.
The inside of a freshly opened Coopers beer should be fairly sanitary so transferring from one to another shouldn't be an issue, I would think.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Isn't it kind of like nothing?😁

It is something like nothing but in one world of all possible worlds something is better than nothing even if it is something like nothing 😆

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Brewry = Daintons
beer = Lupe de lup
style = Maxx Hopps Neipa
ibu =22
Abv = 6.5%

This beer isnt my favourit neipa yet but is quite yummy  and has quite alot of hops going on this one with citra, equknot, huell melon, mosaic and sabro

it has a nice clean bitterness to blend in with the flavours and aroma 

not as hazy  juicy as all the neipas i have had in the past   but very nice pleasant beer 

20220223_163337.thumb.jpg.175adca8a64fb97f6d79e1eabd2b0769.jpg

• Like 4

Called into the recently new built Nagambie Brewing/distillery on the WE and was a tad disappointed.  Asked for one of their locally brewed lager's and it was cloudy and warm.  Looked like an ale but with Saaz or HM hops and I did not want to finish off the glass.  Hopefully those that came in later in the night got cold beers / wine.  Yes it was a hot day but that is no excuse for a professionally run bar in a prime location in one of the best positions in town.

Maybe it was a first pour from their taps but at just under $20 for a schooner and a couple of thimbles full of white wine served up in a big warm glass for my high school sweetheart, I did not go back for seconds to find out.   Went next door into the Nagambie Rowing Club instead for a few cold ones and nice dinner.

Nagambie Brewery - resized.jpg

• Sad 6

37 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Called into the recently new built Nagambie Brewing/distillery on the WE and was a tad disappointed.  Asked for one of their locally brewed lager's and it was cloudy and warm.  Looked like an ale but with Saaz or HM hops and I did not want to finish off the glass.  Hopefully those that came in later in the night got cold beers / wine.  Yes it was a hot day but that is no excuse for a professionally run bar in a prime location in one of the best positions in town.

Maybe it was a first pour from their taps but at just under $20 for a schooner and a couple of thimbles full of white wine served up in a big warm glass for my high school sweetheart, I did not go back for seconds to find out.   Went next door into the Nagambie Rowing Club instead for a few cold ones and nice dinner.

Sounds a bit ordinary Al, glad you had a pleasing result in the end.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Here's a South African beer. Cheers

IMG_20220224_163621.jpg

Looks good mate 👌

11 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

t first glance I thought "Chill Before Serving" - a pretty ordinary name for a beer, then I saw Cape Brewing Co 😃

🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DavidM said:

And did that Glass mysteriously fall into the Pocket..

Shocking ! Couldn't contemplate such a thing ! After the grog at lunchtime my skiing in the afternoon was a bit p*ss-poor and I was frequently on my a*se. If I'd had that in my pocket it wouldn't have got home intact. Will try next time though 😂

• Haha 3

Okay I'm retracting my original thoughts of the Coopers Bootmaker being way too bitter.

About 6 weeks in the bottle and what a change from when it was about 3 weeks old. Bitterness is now pleasant and the hop addition has balanced up really well. An extremely balanced beer now at 6 weeks and so so drinkable. I owe Bootmaker and apology.

274605101_493767908815104_8329115531339893238_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Okay I'm retracting my original thoughts of the Coopers Bootmaker being way too bitter.

About 6 weeks in the bottle and what a change from when it was about 3 weeks old. Bitterness is now pleasant and the hop addition has balanced up really well. An extremely balanced beer now at 6 weeks and so so drinkable. I owe Bootmaker and apology.

I agree mate, my last one was a ripper, I will be making one very soon.

• Like 3

Well not my tasting, but my step-daughters beer swilling boyfriend turned up again with his own beer ( doesn’t like my home brew, even All Grain) 

First nail in the coffin was VB some weeks ago 🤮, now it’s this below, he’s nailed the coffin shut now, we really have to have a serious talk 😡

‘Now I’m a proud Queenslander but this is just not on in my man cave 🤣🤣

ECD7E6F0-2BB5-4ACE-9292-0F682C26D269.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1