Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I bet that looks nice in your glass collection @stquinto  just remember to wrap them well for travelling 🤣

True Phil, but that was off skiing across the border in France. Might have got nicked for crossing an international border with stolen goods:

DDEFAAB1-0A24-4B72-B7FE-2DC1126DF70D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, stquinto said:

True Phil, but that was off skiing across the border in France. Might have got nicked for crossing an international border with stolen goods:

Yeah I know you may have got the Guillotine 🪓 that would smart a bit. A lot of breweries, craft pubs sell a lot of merch these days & even in AUS it is an offense to remove any property & you can get nicked easily & charged, we all used to flog the odd glass in the old days but not anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

In Europe it’s called Elephant Beer I think. At that strength I tend to go for Belgians, but as you say, not bad for a megaswill 

Yeah this tastes a little different to what I remember of elephant beer. Maybe a different recipe for Asian tastes. Plus it's brewed here and not in Europe. 

• Like 3

Hey all,

had a good session at the local taproom where i live last night  and i have been pesering for months for this to the owner  and boy was i surprised to see it on tap

WhiteStout2022_440mL_1200px.png?v=164574

now this is great beer  to have i had 3-4 of these and i loved the roasted flavers and the chocolate and vanilla of course the aromas these bring.

20220311_151422.thumb.jpg.fdd452d33c93705a6ac8bac855c7f761.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I'm back at the Lobethal Bierhaus in the Adelaide Hills.

Oh WOW @MUZZY Muzzy - WOW!!!

Adelaide Hills - what a beautiful part of the World...  and Lobethal... the name... German Lingo:

Valley of Praise (Loben is verb to Praise and Thal is Valley 👍)

That looks very much like a place to put on the list for a future visit... mmm... with a sober Driver at hand or walk to BnB : )

• Like 2

I went for a big walk on the beach this morning so a quick trip to Thirsty Camel to avoid dehydration.

The Weihenstephan range is always on a fixed $17.00 for any 3 with a free glass, I love the 500ml bottles for bottling also the glass & oh' the Beer is not too bad either 😋

Also 3 of the best for $16.00.

Do you guys get the same specials, I would have thought it would be in most places, perhaps not in some rural areas.

In case you didn't believe me about the walk it's the pic is on the bottom 🚶‍♂️

20220313_125226.thumb.jpg.1aeb48a5a16d1b19e156107a75db5901.jpg20220313_125605.thumb.jpg.cd063e36adb6b5ea271bb1440e74ee4a.jpg

20220313_102751.thumb.jpg.6e5618d7e63b934a890559a9c48b62b0.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Oh WOW @MUZZY Muzzy - WOW!!!

Adelaide Hills - what a beautiful part of the World...  and Lobethal... the name... German Lingo:

Valley of Praise (Loben is verb to Praise and Thal is Valley 👍)

That looks very much like a place to put on the list for a future visit... mmm... with a sober Driver at hand or walk to BnB : )

If you ever get this way, IP, it's definitely worth a visit. We're sitting inside but there's also alfresco seating and live music. I haven't tried all their beers yet but I haven't had one I don't like.

This one pictured is Citra hopped pilsner. Liking this better than the Bohemian. Also a local, bottle carbonated cider for Mrs Muzz.

IMG20220313133917.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

light fittings at Lobethal Bierhaus

Haha it just keeps on getting better @MUZZY Muzzy haha!

What a festive spot indeed mate and definitely on the list of good spots to visit some time in the future... 

Do they do German Tucker perchance as well mate?

15 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

@Classic Brewing Co I'm doing the driving today. I gotta pull my weight occasionally. She'd do the driving 95 out of 100 times I'd reckon.

The light fittings at Lobethal Bierhaus always bring a smile to my face too.

Fair enough, what goes around comes around. You would expect a few 🚔 around this Long Weekend, especially Adelaide Cup at Morphet Ville- good place to avoid.

Cheers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I don't want t steal Muzzy's thunder but cop this.

https://bierhaus.com.au/restaurant-menu/

Mmm.... the menu looks all very nice but seems to be much more 'modern Australian' rather than traditional German... but hey each to their own and there are some lovely dishes there without a doubt.  I was thinking more of this sorta style... preferably with Rotkohl and maybe some festive Kartoffelsalat of some sort ; )

image.thumb.png.ed7bdba26ea9419cf9ace01311d6bf37.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Mmm.... the menu looks all very nice but seems to be much more 'modern Australian' rather than traditional German... but hey each to their own and there are some lovely dishes there without a doubt.  I was thinking more of this sorta style... preferably with Rotkohl and maybe some festive Kartoffelsalat of some sort ; )

The German Club in Adelaide used to be great for authentic German food, but they were forced to move & as far as I know it has slipped considerably & everything is on a voluntary basis but I think it is closed for awhile now.

I have fond memories of visits there over the years.

• Sad 1

@Itinerant Peasant @Classic Brewing Co
Lobethal Bierhaus is very much a South Australian menu. Everything they sell is locally produced. You can't get a Coke for instance. They range an Adelaide Hills soft drink brand.
The food is of the highest standard. We only had the chunky Canjun chips today and I've had the buffalo wings before and a venison dish with sauerkraut that's no longer on the menu.

• Like 2

I had the pleasure of meeting today@Hoppy81 www.threechinsbrewing.com.au https://www.facebook.com/ThreeChins/

I had ordered some parts for my BrewZilla from him & he was coming to Adelaide for stock & offered to deliver it so we could catch up for a beer, what a nice bloke, we had a Wheat Beer & a Pale Ale here at Classic Brewing Co & then went to the local Watermark Hotel for a couple out of the tap. He liked my beer so I will take that as a compliment from an experienced brewer.

Not only did make a new friend today I now have everything needed to fire up the Gorilla machine.

Cheers 🍻

20220315_142351.thumb.jpg.a235a394d4ff794eae3f698acd2bc46a.jpg20220315_152653.thumb.jpg.e38031b7c41abcfbd21af89c628cb746.jpg

• Like 8

On 3/13/2022 at 6:40 PM, Pale Man said:

Excellent spot i love it there. It's worth staying in Lobethal just to visit the Bierhaus.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:40 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree it is only an hours drive from my place but ironic if I had to stay there but if one is going to drink well you know ... we get told enough !!

On 3/13/2022 at 4:02 PM, MUZZY said:

Lobethal Bierhaus is very much a South Australian menu.

I think I would need a week!

And would probably leave 10kg heavier 🥳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pale Man said:

He's a lovely lad for sure. He got me kegging and all graining. Very knowledgeable and always willing to help at the drop of a hat.

Buy your grains from him when you get started. Hops and everything. He always makes sure you get the best. And a phone call away if you're stuck. 

Yes I will be as I found out he makes regular trips & one of his major suppliers is close to me so I could probably get it delivered & have a beer at the same time. 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes I will be as I found out he makes regular trips & one of his major suppliers is close to me so I could probably get it delivered & have a beer at the same time. 😃

13 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Very knowledgeable and always willing to help at the drop of a hat.

And it's nice to be able to support some local smaller scale expert suppliers... that's gold 👍

My fella who gets me the Gladdy and the other fella that got me the Voyager were both just small suppliers... but knowledgeable, helpful, cost-effective and wanting the best for yer brewing.

• Like 2