Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

5 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Well not my tasting, but my step-daughters beer swilling boyfriend turned up again with his own beer ( doesn’t like my home brew, even All Grain) 

First nail in the coffin was VB some weeks ago 🤮, now it’s this below, he’s nailed the coffin shut now, we really have to have a serious talk 😡

‘Now I’m a proud Queenslander but this is just not on in my man cave 🤣🤣

ECD7E6F0-2BB5-4ACE-9292-0F682C26D269.jpeg

Hey RD I remember some time back you said he brought VB, now this ??? Serious talk needed. 🤣

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

What a pretty sight, on special too @ BWS for a bullseye, not bad but Dan's are $52.95 even with a members card.

I need a few days before my last batch of Pale Ale is ready to sample.

20220226_131723.thumb.jpg.ca2efb169f4a72d9f9d8f07c5ebfea83.jpg

Subliminal messaging: (Harvest some Coopers yeast, Harvest some Coopers yeast, Harvest some Coopers yeast).  You know you want to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

What a pretty sight, on special too @ BWS for a bullseye, not bad but Dan's are $52.95 even with a members card.

You know you are paying both Alc Excise and GST on those suckers don't you @Classic Brewing Co Phil 😜

Besides Dan's mark-up over Coopers Production costs and their profit ; )

Much cheaper to purchase a few tins of Coopers Liquid Malt to make a lovely KnK haha!😆

(But I do know @Classic Brewing Co you are well on the way to building up your stocks mate... and hey sometimes there is an unfortunate gap in production 🙂👍)

I guess we shall never know but it would be kinda interesting to know how much reasonable Commercial Beer costs to make per Litre hey... suspect it would be way way far cheaper with the volume of throughput compared to us poor buggggggers with a few kilos of malted grain here or there. 

However, we do have the right to self determination and within reason can make just about anything we like 🥳

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I need a few days before my last batch of Pale Ale is ready to sample.

20220226_131723.thumb.jpg.ca2efb169f4a72d9f9d8f07c5ebfea83.jpg

One of the great commercial offerings IMO. Fantastic beer. I hope this gives me some sort of reprieve Classic mate for all the slip ups with my swilling of the occasional VB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mickep said:

One of the great commercial offerings IMO. Fantastic beer. I hope this gives me some sort of reprieve Classic mate for all the slip ups with my swilling of the occasional VB.

Yes you are forgiven, I agree Coopers Pale Ale is an excellent beer, I have made many of them but really have only got close to their recipe despite following it exactly - as a  k&k version will let you. I realise an AG version would be closer to the original.

I have one ready to try in a day or two done with Kveik & 25gm Galaxy dry hopped so I am expecting a new taste sensation.

Cheers

Oh, stop buying that other rubbish 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I guess we shall never know but it would be kinda interesting to know how much reasonable Commercial Beer costs to make per Litre hey... suspect it would be way way far cheaper with the volume of throughput compared to us poor buggggggers with a few kilos of malted grain here or there. 

The following doesn't exactly answer your question, IP, but it does give an indication of what the costs are without taxes.

By far the biggest cost in the price of an Australian beer is Australian Government tax. Tax accounts for almost half (42%) of the price of a typical carton of full-strength beer. Of the $52.00 retail price, a whopping $22.05 is tax. 
Source: https://www.brewers.org.au/beer-the-facts/beer-and-taxes/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

The following doesn't exactly answer your question, IP, but it does give an indication of what the costs are without taxes.

By far the biggest cost in the price of an Australian beer is Australian Government tax. Tax accounts for almost half (42%) of the price of a typical carton of full-strength beer. Of the $52.00 retail price, a whopping $22.05 is tax. 
Source: https://www.brewers.org.au/beer-the-facts/beer-and-taxes/

Oh so that's why the Government doesn't run too many health campaigns suggesting to cut back alcohol intake. 🤣🍻

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Oh so that's why the Government doesn't run too many health campaigns suggesting to cut back alcohol intake. 🤣🍻

The Tree Huggers haven't tried to ban the Beer Ads yet ! The same for Pokies, the faceless souls sit there gambling all of their money away & the Government think a few stickers & pathetic ads to suggest it's not a good idea but they can gamble all day everyday if they want to. Not to mention hiding the tobacco & banning advertising for it, I haven't noticed anyone taking any notice of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Yep. They raise somewhere in the region of $4 billion annually from beer taxes.

Yeah, Gambling (pokies)  is probably in that too hard basket as well. Interesting how Government seem to support giving away the smokes....but they appear to let the other two vices go through to the keeper. I wonder why. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, Gambling (pokies)  is probably in that too hard basket as well. Interesting how Government seem to support giving away the smokes....but they appear to let the other two vices go through to the keeper. I wonder why. 😂

Smokes are taxed very heavily also but Australians are gradually moving away from smokes by their own volition anyway.
The hotel lobby is very powerful and the hospitality industry is a massive employer. It would be a very brave government that would try to ban booze and punting. 

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Smokes are taxed very heavily also but Australians are gradually moving away from smokes by their own volition anyway.
The hotel lobby is very powerful and the hospitality industry is a massive employer. It would be a very brave government that would try to ban booze and punting. 

100% Muzzy, the layers involved here are complex. No Government would dare restrict the sale of Booze or try and stop the Pokies. Too much money involved. Like my old man always says - follow the money - always follow the money!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A quick trip to the Bottl'o (BWS) & Goat was on offer $5.00 off a six pack so why not at least they are 375ml cans & there are 6 of them, some of those craft 4 packs are only 330ml & they are getting way to expensive but I must admit there are some good beers out there.

Cheers

20220302_143920.thumb.jpg.58cde8ba928520eac6b82fa41ca08e4e.jpg

not a bad drop

• Like 1