Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

I bought one too and really enjoyed it. However, don't you find that weissbier could use more carbonation than these mini-kegs can provide? Especially the second half of the keg.

True true... an excuse to drink that little bit faster!?! 

Hopefully my bottled WB does not have that trouble ; )

CBCMN-PaleAle-2-12-18.jpg

My typical boring colour facade hides a nice flavour mix of Bravo & Citra, with some nice aromatics from Mosaic, Nelson Sauvin & Chinook.

It's not a hop bomb, nor was it meant to be. More of a session beer with nice aromatics, that I'm quite happy with for what I was aiming for.

It's near the end of the keg & has gone down real easy. I thought it was worth notating.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

Had my brother and sister in law come round tonight. 

Blind tasting of the commercial punk IPA and my IPA.

it was a unanimous decision that mine was different and preferred. 

Much more hop flavour and freshness. 

Plus they didn’t just have one......... not sure this one is going to last till Xmas ha ha ha

18 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

it was a unanimous decision that mine was different and preferred. 

Plus they didn’t just have one......... not sure this one is going to last till Xmas ha ha ha

Woohoo HB wins!  Good job.

Well the long awaited first Wheat Beer is now in the bottle...  am going to have to run a heater to keep the secondary ferment around 20 deg C....  the little Swingtops are a pain with extra filling effort...... but at point of consumption I suspect will be most welcome...

image.thumb.png.1b9be40e3e93218c492c0e73998f9ef0.png

17 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

Very nice BB, enjoy!

Are you going to soak the labels off at any stage? 

'Tis definitely a possibility...  and would be the ticket for improved presentation. 

Got an old HB cobber with a fine set of old crown-cork XXXX largies/bottles  with never a label to be seen.  He reckoned that they just fell off over time. .. that'd be nice ; )

Had a bottle of my Pacific Ale tonight. Not really Pacific Ale, but a really good pale ale with a wheat tang and a subtle hint of the Galaxy hops in both aroma and taste. Definitely improved with a couple more weeks under its belt. Probably could have doubled the late addition and the dry hop but that will have to be next time, and I’ve got a few brews to make before I get back to redoing this one.

Calling it a 'Golden Ale'  -  made with coopers real ale which refferences a 'bright golden colour' and used 'Golden light dry malt 1kg'

drinking well although not my favourite so far. have some bottles aging so impressions may change.

20181123_180508.jpg

Tangerine Dream V2.0

I missed the mark here, the original had a beautiful tangerine fruit burst up front followed by a refreshing bitterness. I amped up the Amarillo trying to increase the effect, however 100g in 20 litres was overcooking it a bit, out of practice over winter. Still a nice beer, mind you the only one on tap at the moment, with plenty of aroma and a refreshing bitter bite. 

Cheers & Beers                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Scottie                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Valley Brew

Archived