Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Enterprising Lager v.4. Drinking better every day.

Nice one buddy, looks good.

Last night a RIS

1015465557_PB090003(1).thumb.jpg.0b080fbb22aab8a3f5c1a3d3202a3b52.jpg

So bloddy lovely, bitter, complex, malty.

And a Little Irish Red - time to buy a new camera too, smashed the lcd and now cannot see a thing.

PB100005 (1).jpg

33 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Nice one!

Having my Not Dale's Pale, cheers to whoever posted the beer somewhere, this is a cracker, I will be interested to see what @Beerlust thinks of it being the hopmaster that he is.

I’m going to have a crack at this too Ben. Sounds delicious.

i think lusty posted after a recipe similar to the dales. I think mine was a little one dimensional, and could have been better with the addition of some different hops

19 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Nice one!

Having my Not Dale's Pale, cheers to whoever posted the beer somewhere, this is a cracker, I will be interested to see what @Beerlust thinks of it being the hopmaster that he is.

After spotting this I just went & put it in the fridge. ?

The commercial beer is a ripper, so if it's anything like that, it will be good. I have a RDO Tuesday so will likely devour it then. ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

I've got my red ale on tap now, kegged on Saturday. As usual, it has turned out very nicely. However, I think there's something stuck in the tap mechanism somewhere because it does pour a little foamy all through the pour. It's normal for me to get a bit of foam at the beginning of a pour, but not all the way through. This does have the advantage of making the head very creamy but I'm having to top up the glass after a couple of minutes waiting for the foam to subside a bit which is a little annoying. I should note though, that it isn't pouring a whole glass of foam, it's just when the beer is coming out of the tap it appears a little bit bubbly, like something is causing a small amount of turbulence somewhere between the keg and the glass.

When I cleaned the last keg that was on that tap, I noticed the water was coming out quite slowly compared to normal when rinsing it through. I thought it might have been something blocking the keg dip tube or something, however that keg has the pilsner in it on another tap and it is pouring fine, so that leads me to think it's the tap itself causing the issue. I'll dismantle it once this keg is empty and see what the hell is going on in there. It could be the liquid disconnect as well I suppose.

I had that sinking feeling this afternoon as I reached into my box of Pale Ales, realising there weren't that many left! I definitely want to do that recipe again, and I'd be keen to try more than a 20gm citra dry hop next time around. 

Problem is there are so many others planned! I've got the ingredients for this Brew A and for this IPA ready to go. With 3 darkish ales in bottles, I think I may have misjudged my timing! 

I've got 3 dark ale batches aging in bottles. Thinking I mis-timed it! I like dark ales, so was interested to get these happening. But now thinking I'm going to want something lighter for the Summer period coming up. 

A second brew fridge and two more fermenters isn't crazy? Is it? ???

Archived