Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beer was solid. One thing I have been noticing with the new pale ales out they all have a fair whack of wheat in them, you can tell by the cloudiness...well it looks like a beer with a fair bit of wheat and you can kind of taste it with how, for me, the wheat brings some softness to the overall beer? Anyone else notice that?

I have always used wheat for head retention never really got into the stone and wood style of 60/40 malt and wheat because I sometimes hate wheat biers. I might up my next pale ale, I called em tropical ales but I am ignorant, with a nice percentage of wheat and see how it goes.

I haven't brewed in a month and I cannot wait for my next batch!

Cheers

Norris

39 minutes ago, Norris! said:

I am drinking a colonial pale ale. It is a good beer but the can was the best part. The top opens all the way up so you really dont need a glass to get all those aromas.

20181130_190322.jpg

Hey Norris, 

Ive been lucky enough to be enjoying this beer so many many years being one of the “local” breweries. 

I think it’s a tops beer. 

Im not a wheat beer fan however I do enjoy a beer with wheat in it. The latest Saison I have going has 14% wheat. And I put roughly the same amount in my pacific ale today. 

Ive got some good lacing in the Saison due to the wheat I think. 

Maybe you should get onto craftd beer glasses that are shaped like a can

25 minutes ago, Norris! said:

I will look into those, thanks Cap!

14% sounds reasonable to me. I will have a look at your recipe is it the bros pale ale? I was honestly thinking like 25% to 35% or so of wheat.

It’s the getting PEG’d Pacific ale and the other one was the Styrian Cardinal Saison 

Back home yesterday and poured myself my Evil Twin Beer last night. The extra three weeks in the keg has done it wonders.

Mrs Hairy convinced me to get his and hers beer glasses. I can’t believe my life has come to this. Bought them in Walmart for a third of the price of Disney World.

40153CD9-FB21-4EAE-9EE5-58CAF4493E31.thumb.jpeg.cdbb6b95ec450afae041b3f84f4cf1a7.jpeg

22 hours ago, Norris! said:

It is a good beer but the can was the best part.

My favourite Can is the below...  Brewers I understand it is a disgrace drinking SEBs (Someone Else's Beer... obviously with the exception of SEHBs --> Someone Else's Home Brew) but as tomorrow is the day for bottling of my very first Wheat Beer (Hefeweizen) I guess there was cause to celebrate.   Further, during the week I had the pleasure at a Bavarian Beer Cafe of drinking some Franz HW which was tasty,  but for the exorbitant price of $12.65 for a halbe (half a litre)...  to counteract that utterly disgraceful financial impost I availed myself a splendid 5L Can from Aldi instead for $30...  racing out at approx $3/halbe - less than a quarter of the price.   And tasting GREAT.   So there you go.... there can be some benefit of a Can...

And apologies for the Gutmann Weissbier glass... my Franz glass was not to be found : (

Franz_Hefe.JPG

I’d have to say that the brew dog recipe I adapted to my system is bloody fantastic. 

I’d suggest to people that are looking for a great IPA. Do this one. 

My wife was like straight after she finished her first, “so...... you gonna fill that again” I replied with “so I’ve won the war. Ha ha ha ha” retorted with “ha ha yes hun, you have.”

Winning!!!!!!

im going to do a side by side tomorrow but I think the freshness will be hard to beat.

Archived