Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

On 11/15/2018 at 8:09 AM, Hoppy81 said:

A mate gifted me 3 stubbies of the coconut porter. I tried one at 2 weeks (it was nice but needed aging) i then tried one at 5 weeks (tasting good, great coconut flavor coming through)
i'll Let the last bottle age a few months before i drink it.

.facebook_1542229706310.jpg

Can smell the coconut from here... but what a great beer photo !?!  Well played.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/15/2018 at 6:54 PM, Silmaril said:

Not a home brew beer, but enjoying a home brew ginger beer (Brigalow kit) with a shot of Bundaberg Overproof rum!

I am very much looking forward to trying a new GB recipe in the near future - based on a different kit, with extra bits and boils. 

20181115_185029.jpg

bundaberg-overproof-rum.jpg

Gold Sil!

Phhooooooweeeeee.  I have a memory of many years ago... brewed a cracking GB... then drank it in large glass with ice and Bundy OP... and after a while... I couldn't feel me feet... or me legs... was a stunning mix...  seemed like I was strapped to the chair.... great way to drink OP.... but I think one not for everyday ; ) and with a caution notice applied!

Hmmm... must admit it was after a serious early afternoon sesh on Bundy-n-coke to start with... so maybe not so bad if just applied as an afternoon-refreshing-quaffer?

On 11/17/2018 at 4:49 PM, Titan said:

PA that i kinda f'ed a little. This was a pressure ferment but when i added dry hops through the fermentasaurus sample bottle it foamed up and disturbed the yeast into the brew. Never really settled out before kegging. 25g calypso dry hop. Taste is spot on, infact so good it will be finished before it clears. 🤪

20181117_164125.jpg

Nice Beer Photo... coriander in the background?

On 11/13/2018 at 6:04 PM, Smashed Crabs said:

My first AG attempt.. hop combination is lubbly jubbly. Will deff try this one again. ??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!  Good stuff Smashed....

am a ways a way off that level of excellence...

will be good to see what you and the newer AG boys come up with going to the next level of excellence and complexity!

Reckon that is pretty legendary... I am really only just moving off Kit/extract variations through to All Malt... 

But I guess I have moved to temp control so that is a positive as well...

Anyway... your first AG - well done - sensational - hopefully one day I will get there too........ great stuff!!!

Yeah mate the EB kit is fantastic, great on its own if time is short. Add some maris otter and some carapils for body and head. Fuggles or ekg in the boil and some for dry hopping and your on a winner. I think i had some ashbourn and a little victory in this one which gives a nice biskety flavour.

So, i tried one of my Kettle Soured Cherry Berliner Weisse earlier today and im sad to say that it tastes like vinegar. I have never had a batch with this taste and im really upset that it happened to this beer. Oh well, looks like ill just have to try again. Next time i think i will pasteurize the fruit by heating it up with some sugar as per Lustys recommendation. Might try strawberries or raspberries though

Well here it is, the northern brewers lager. Out of the bottle. Haze i think is due to sediment stir from the bottle but this was expected as the bottles i do are leftovers from kegging. Now the flavour. Im glad i dry hopped this with a little citra, otherwise this would have tasted exactly the same as the steam beer version i did of this one. I hated the steam beer version and this one is verging on some hate mail also. Drinkable all the same.

20181125_163913.jpg

You'll need to forgive me for the lack of a photo. 

Back in April I traveled from Melbourne to Perth on a Virgin flight where I had successfully won an upgrade to Business Class. On that flight I had every intention of taking a photo of the food... but alas it was so good I fell ravenously upon it and devoured it all before even thinking about picking up my phone.

Tonight I have experienced the same. I chilled 2 of my Dark Ale bottles, and shared them both with my housemate. This brew was from a Dark Ale can, brew day was 16th Oct, bottled 30th Oct, and first sampled tonight. I had added 500gms of dry dark malt to the otherwise standard Kit recipe. 

Reader, it was phenomenal! A massive hit of licorice, the sweetness of the malt, a dark ruby colour... I will endeavour to catch a photo of this brew tomorrow.  

Brew 6 BB
Coopers Dark Ale
Brew day: 16/10/18
Bottle day: 30/10/18
OG: 1.045 measured.
FG: 1.010
Recipe changes: +500 gm dry dark malt.
Minimum Drink After (14): 13/11/18
ABV Calc: 5.1%

8 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Styrian Cardinal Saison with MJ29 yeast. 

So so good. 

90BA347E-8923-4879-AED5-35F5A0A0D0CA.jpeg

Looks mighty fine there Captain.

Tapped an Australian Pale Ale today. This was a cheap partial mash of a can of coopers aussie pale ale plus a mash of 4kgs of pale malt which was split in two. Fermented with CCA at 18c and keg hopped with 20 grams each of galaxy and centennial. Tell you what this beer will be my go to "get more stock" beer. Its as easy drinking as they come. Subtle but noticeable hops with a little pear that the CCA is known for. Usually i can taste a kit beer but with this one I cant.

15433946254411969664562.jpg

Archived