Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2018?

Scottie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but I do have a keg of pale ale full and ready to be carbonated.  Saving it for the new year party though. I have my brew fridge ready for a batch, just gotta make a yeast starter and rinse the fermenter and it can get underway. That one is a lager brewed with Hallertau and Saaz hops. My yeast and flasks are here but yet to bring the stir plate, that will be tomorrow. 

Edit: fridge in place, open to prevent odours. The second one will go beside it when I get it.

20181218_172513.thumb.jpg.000e64d54bbf54bf87213d5db66f16e7.jpg

12 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Brother in law had a patio like that on the North side.  Used to be cooler to sit in the sun than under it at times.  He just nailed some battens to it,  stuck some insulation between them and made it at least 15 degrees cooler. 

It's meant to be 40 on Friday,  could be a good test for it! The weather lately hasn't been that hot, just humid. 

44 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Planned on making another Shark Attack XPA but will double or triple the hop additions. This time I found it was a good beer .. but I'm turning into a hop head so I want to do a more hoppy version.

^^ This. Exactly what I thought... To the 80g packs I bought that now have 55gms each left.

*** Double Hop Shark Attack ***

🚩Swim between the flags 🚩

Did you just make up a class of beer Ben? Sounds awesome. Did you post the recipe here?

Im drinking a megaswill clone. Pale malt + a touch of roasted + a touch of crystal + 500gm of table sugar. Danish yeast with cluster hops. Actually tastes better than megaswill. Should go nice for the XMAS party.

1545298354924-1004732341.jpg

35 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Did you just make up a class of beer Ben? Sounds awesome. Did you post the recipe here?

Im drinking a megaswill clone. Pale malt + a touch of roasted + a touch of crystal + 500gm of table sugar. Danish yeast with cluster hops. Actually tastes better than megaswill. Should go nice for the XMAS party.

1545298354924-1004732341.jpg

I always enjoy seeing how your brews turn out Greeny. 

This one is the Xmas crowd pleaser Captain. Dad and 2 uncles and my brother are seasoned New, Reschs, VB type drinkers. I couldn't get POR so went with cluster which is XXXX hops. Tastes not bad for a megaswill. Thats taking one tap and the other is an Aussie Pale ale with a 30gm keg hop of galaxy which i will drink. There will also be saisons and 3 tallies of a belgian quad available. Plus bottles of kombucha for my sister who has turned into an inner west yuppie. 

Well I've been out to the Goods Shed here in Wodonga to celebrate my work offer. I've had a Matriarch NEIPA which was nice, but too much alcohol, so I switched to the the...something that was 5% and tasty...hmmm I guess it helps to remember what I had right?! Then A brookdale ginger beer and then a nice kaiju krush to wrap it up.

The Matriarch was 48ibu but tasted like 20ish or so to me but the kick was too much, once it got warm you could really taste and smell the the 7% alchohol level. I really enjoyed the pale ale on tap I had, but I cannot remember the name, it was juicy and really bright and right at 5%, which is to my tastes. The ginger beer was a poor copy of the cheeky peak one I have on tap, but I am pretentious. I always like the Kaiju Krushes but at that point I could've of been drinking swill and loved it.

Cheers

Norris

1 hour ago, Ben 10 said:

trying to empty a keg, have had 4 glasses of my How Low ale. i'll keep plugging away.

That happened to me when I was trying to empty the red ale keg before the move. Then one night I poured spluttery foam into the glass as soon as I pulled the handle. Kegs are funny like that. 

Archived