Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2023

Shamus O'Sean

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes, the Duotight inside the fridge door behind the taps wasn't locked in properly, that was the problem, our good friend @Hoppy81 was amazing in diagnosing the problem, so a special thanks to Hoppy.

Happy to help mate, see you tomorrow for a quickie....beer that is 🍻

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes, the Duotight inside the fridge door behind the taps wasn't locked in properly, that was the problem, our good friend @Hoppy81 was amazing in diagnosing the problem, so a special thanks to Hoppy.

Oh, ok. Did you remove it for cleaning or something or did it work it's way loose over time?

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate I don't know it could have been pilot error but ATM all I know it is carbing up my new Draught beer.

Ok. I was just wondering if there was any useful information I could plug into the old memory bank (which I would probably fail to recall at the critical moment, anyway).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Ok. I was just wondering if there was any useful information I could plug into the old memory bank (which I would probably fail to recall at the critical moment, anyway).

Well, the lesson is be more precise with your actions & ensure you have performed each task as it was intended.

In my experience all of KL products have always preformed as they were intended & I have no hesitation in stating that they are the best, if the user stuffs up, you can't blame them.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

I should say that this brew has been one of the most perplexing that I have attempted. https://community.diybeer.com/topic/16507-whats-in-your-fermenter-2022/?do=findComment&comment=289846

I had given up on it more than once after it stalled, etc. So in my brewery I have set a record for the length of fermentation - 21 days in the FV!!! So after it stalled, and then just started to slowly creep down with the gravity during the ferment, I reckoned it was finally done at 1.015 so I kegged it today. I took a hydrometer reading to confirm the Rapt Pill reading and they were in pretty close agreement. I also had a taste of the sample and it was just outstanding, I reckon that it would be good to go as soon as it is carbonated, but I am aiming to let it cold condition for at least 2 months. See how I go on that mission!

Once I taste it I think that I should do a side by side comparison with the original Theakston's Old Peculier.

bf21.jpg

2525e.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

I should say that this brew has been one of the most perplexing that I have attempted. https://community.diybeer.com/topic/16507-whats-in-your-fermenter-2022/?do=findComment&comment=289846

I had given up on it more than once after it stalled, etc. So in my brewery I have set a record for the length of fermentation - 21 days in the FV!!! So after it stalled, and then just started to slowly creep down with the gravity during the ferment, I reckoned it was finally done at 1.015 so I kegged it today. I took a hydrometer reading to confirm the Rapt Pill reading and they were in pretty close agreement. I also had a taste of the sample and it was just outstanding, I reckon that it would be good to go as soon as it is carbonated, but I am aiming to let it cold condition for at least 2 months. See how I go on that mission!

Once I taste it I think that I should do a side by side comparison with the original Theakston's Old Peculier.

bf21.jpg

2525e.jpg

What an unusual fermentation profile.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

How do you work the % out?

I'll give this a shot. I'm sure somebody/everybody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Original Gravity minus gravity points of non-fermentables multiplied by 100/Final Gravity minus gravity points of non-fermentables.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 5:49 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good stuff Paley, those FWK are awesome. I am doing an AG this week, but I am still going to garb a couple of those purely for quick keg fillers.

Ive got my dibs on the next All In IPA Hoppy orders in. Its the quick or the dead around here 😁

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1