Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2023

Shamus O'Sean

Starting off a new thread for 2022.

Link to last year's It's Kegging Time thread is here.

Kegged @iBooz2's Coopers Sparkling Ale (CSA) today.  Click on the link for the recipe.

Final Gravity was spot on at 1.011 for a 5.8% ABV.  I got 18.1 litres into one keg and 7.6 litres into another keg.  No space in the kegerator at the moment.  These guys will have to sit for a while before I can taste them.  A little conditioning will not hurt them.

I harvested the trub for a COPA next weekend.  That will make it four brews with the one lot of Coopers Commercial Ale yeast.  I only just remembered to harvest the yeast at the very last minute before I poured water into the FV for cleaning.

IMG_3566.JPG.88ce9cc2cd2e050326ba3881a13a4f7c.JPG

• Like 4

Following up on my previous post re: Damaged keg from Keg Land.

They have just re-opened for 2023 & I spoke to Darin who apparently handles these matters & he has confirmed he will send me a PP address label to send the Keg back & he will ship a replacement Keg - all totally free of charge.

How great it is to deal with a company that stands by their products & backs it up with excellent customer service.

It gives you confidence & satisfaction & makes you want to continue dealing with them.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They have just re-opened for 2023 & I spoke to Darin who apparently handles these matters & he has confirmed he will send me a PP address label to send the Keg back & he will ship a replacement Keg - all totally free of charge.

How great it is to deal with a company that stands by their products & backs it up with excellent customer service.

It gives you confidence & satisfaction & makes you want to continue dealing with them.

Cheers

Phil

That's wonderful news mate, and I have to say I was quietly confident that would be the outcome. As I've said before now, I've had nothing but great service from these guys. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Firstly, my apologies for the delayed response - as I said, this email went to the Spam folder (this should now be rectified).

As discussed, thanks for letting us know, and please accept my apologies for the picking error.
I will get this sorted for you as quickly as possible.
I have attached a pre paid return label to this email. This just needs to printed out and attached so that this can be returned to the warehouse at no cost to yourself. Once attached simply pop down to the Post Office to drop them, off for return.
If you can email me the receipt from the Post Office when this is done, I will be able to expedite the replacement for you.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. Please let me or if there is anything else I can help with.

Kind Regards,
Darin

410 Princes Highway,

Noble Park North

VIC 3174

www.KegLand.com.au

+61390187935

https://www.facebook.com/kegland.com.au/

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/kegland

2 minutes ago, Mickep said:

That's wonderful news mate, and I have to say I was quietly confident that would be the outcome. As I've said before now, I've had nothing but great service from these guys. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same but there are a few companies that would rather not be so cooperative, but I am really happy. 🙂

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

How much does he want for the dented keg?

My thoughts exactly @Classic Brewing Co should have given him the chance to sell it to you as is.  You pay another 'say' $60 and he sends you a brand new keg. 

Up there for thinking, down there for kegging.  (Not what I really wanted to say). 🤣

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hi Phil

Firstly, my apologies for the delayed response - as I said, this email went to the Spam folder (this should now be rectified).

As discussed, thanks for letting us know, and please accept my apologies for the picking error.
I have attached a pre paid return label to this email. This just needs to printed out and attached so that this can be returned to the warehouse at no cost to yourself. Once attached simply pop down to the Post Office to drop them, off for return.
If you can email me the receipt from the Post Office when this is done, I will be able to expedite the replacement for you.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. Please let me or if there is anything else I can help with.

Kind Regards,
Darin

410 Princes Highway,

Noble Park North

VIC 3174

www.KegLand.com.au

+61390187935

Phil

Darin is one of the Best there mate, i knew from the outset that you would be looked after with no hassles,  they all understand us brewers as they also brew them selves not just fancy salespeople behind cheat sheets  , 

I am very glad they have helped you out  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Phil

Darin is one of the Best there mate, i knew from the outset that you would be looked after with no hassles,  they all understand us brewers as they also brew them selves not just fancy salespeople behind cheat sheets  , 

I am very glad they have helped you out  

Yeah, I have to agree, they are a great company to deal with, anyone not satisfied with their service must be hard to please.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

My thoughts exactly @Classic Brewing Co should have given him the chance to sell it to you as is.  You pay another 'say' $60 and he sends you a brand new keg. 

Up there for thinking, down there for kegging.  (Not what I really wanted to say). 🤣

Nah, I don't want dents in my brewery, I like everything new.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:36 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hi Phil

Kind Regards,
Darin

410 Princes Highway,

Noble Park North

VIC 3174

www.KegLand.com.au

+61390187935

There you go, how's that for service.

Hi Phil,

Your order has been packed and dispatched via Aust Post - Standard
Your Tracking Number is : 33DK75109516

Your shipment can be tracked at : https://auspost.com.au/

Please note that this tracking number will often take up to one full business day
to show up in the system.

Please find attached a pdf copy of your Tax Invoice.

If you have any questions, please phone us on 03 9018 7935
or email beer@kegland.com.au

Thanks again,

Kegland Distribution Pty Ltd
410 Princes Highway, Noble Park, VIC 3174
Tel: +61 (03) 9018 7935
Email: beer@kegland.com.au

• Like 4

Kegged a Kegland FWK Lager base brewed as an ale as advice from @Mickep. The straight lager last time with nothing added too bland. 

Verdant IPA yeast brewed on 18 degrees with 20 gram each of Cascade and Amarillo hop tea. Also 25 dram dry hop of each in keg in hop tube, will remove tomorrow arvo and fast carb for a day.

Also got 2 pet bottles

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There you go, how's that for service.

Hi Phil,

Your order has been packed and dispatched via Aust Post - Standard
Your Tracking Number is : 33DK75109516

Your shipment can be tracked at : https://auspost.com.au/

Please note that this tracking number will often take up to one full business day
to show up in the system.

Please find attached a pdf copy of your Tax Invoice.

If you have any questions, please phone us on 03 9018 7935
or email beer@kegland.com.au

Thanks again,

Kegland Distribution Pty Ltd
410 Princes Highway, Noble Park, VIC 3174
Tel: +61 (03) 9018 7935
Email: beer@kegland.com.au

We will call you steady eddy next @Classic Brewing Co, mover & a shaker 🤣

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, beach_life said:

Question: can I disconnect kegs and leave them out of the keezer for a while when I move house?

It depends on your definition of "a while". I had mine out for about a day before I set it all back up again. The beer ran a little cloudy for a few days but all is fine again now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beach_life said:

a long while actually.

Commercial kegs are stored for ages sometimes?
Maybe some hop will fade but shouldn't be too bad I hope.

Need to get a shed built.

I hooked up a half keg of Sierra Nevada clone last night.  It has been sitting in my shed for 100 days.  My little taste test tonight was fine.  So it was not disconnected as such, just never connected until yesterday.  Use that as a guide.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nah, I don't want dents in my brewery, I like everything new.

Fair enough.  You paid for new so you should get new.  I agree 100%.  However, I would be happy to have the keg with the dent in it for say an extra $60 (as well as a new one).

Most of my kegs are secondhand and most have at least one dent.  But that was what I was buying into.

• Like 4