Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2023

Shamus O'Sean

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 5:48 PM, kmar92 said:

How do you find those plastic disconnects @PaleMan, are they any good?

I have got a couple too.  They mostly work fine.  Sometimes I have trouble aligning them with the post because of their squat shape.  So sometimes the poppet is opened, but the disconnect does not lock.  Occasionally, I lose some gas or beer as a result.  Their 90° connection is sometime handy due to its low profile, but sometimes not if the beer/gas line does not align with the gap in the keg handles.  They are easy to open to clean.  Although the older plastic ones just need a screwdriver or 5 cent coin.  In summary, I prefer the older style plastic disconnects.  If I had them, I would probably prefer stainless steel ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2023 at 5:40 PM, Pale Man said:

No problems so far fella. But i only use them for menial things such as in the photo. All my beer and gas disconnects in the keg fridge are stainless steel.

I have only used them so far for about 2 years but I have a stock of then & change them occasionally when one becomes difficult,  but I probably should move to SS.

• Like 1

Hello guys still trying to finish re doing the series X Keggerator before x mas. 

These spacers and nut that connect the tap connection to font have got me confused.

Anyone else have the exact same set up with a spacer a washer and the nut?

Keglands video now shows one plastic spacer/washer and the nut.

Assuming there has been an upgrade where they blended the washer and spacers into one piece?

I tried to call Kegland with no answer so emailed them instead. Guess they very busy this time of year. 

Anyone else's experience or thoughts appreciated in advance.

20231211_155350.jpg

5 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Hello guys still trying to finish re doing the series X Keggerator before x mas. 

These spacers and nut that connect the tap connection to font have got me confused.

Anyone else have the exact same set up with a spacer a washer and the nut?

Keglands video now shows one plastic spacer/washer and the nut.

Assuming there has been an upgrade where they blended the washer and spacers into one piece?

I tried to call Kegland with no answer so emailed them instead. Guess they very busy this time of year. 

Anyone else's experience or thoughts appreciated in advance.

20231211_155350.jpg

Sorry, I cannot help.  Mine is the nut and plastic/nylon curved washer/spacer.  I bought my Series X reasonably early on.

Looking on the Kegland website, the Short Shanks show the plastic washer/spacer.  

Is yours a newer or older Series X?  Is it second hand?  If so, I wonder if the previous owner did a bit of a Frankenstein connection?

You can buy the plastic washer/spacer here: https://www.kegland.com.au/products/replacement-short-shank-white-collar-concave?_pos=23&_sid=5ed0e6c70&_ss=r

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Sorry, I cannot help.  Mine is the nut and plastic/nylon curved washer/spacer.  I bought my Series X reasonably early on.

Looking on the Kegland website, the Short Shanks show the plastic washer/spacer.  

Is yours a newer or older Series X?  Is it second hand?  If so, I wonder if the previous owner did a bit of a Frankenstein connection?

You can buy the plastic washer/spacer here: https://www.kegland.com.au/products/replacement-short-shank-white-collar-concave?_pos=23&_sid=5ed0e6c70&_ss=r

No mate I ordered it straight away waiting for it to be released. I picked it up from cheaky peak brewery. 

All I remember was on top of things that were inside the keggerator box that they sold me additional things.

Either for modification down the track or to make things easier. The original keggerator came with the line crimps for example which were just plain rubbish.

4 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

No mate I ordered it straight away waiting for it to be released. I picked it up from cheaky peak brewery. 

All I remember was on top of things that were inside the keggerator box that they sold me additional things.

Either for modification down the track or to make things easier. The original keggerator came with the line crimps for example which were just plain rubbish.

Because your comment reminded me, I just checked. I got my Series X direct from Kegland. I bought a quad font kit with my Series X.  So it was a separate item that included the short shanks, nuts and washer/spacer.  So my guess is when you bought yours from Cheaky Peak, they had to make up your font accessories.  That suggested to me that Cheaky Peak are best placed to help out with advice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Because your comment reminded me, I just checked. I got my Series X direct from Kegland. I bought a quad font kit with my Series X.  So it was a separate item that included the short shanks, nuts and washer/spacer.  So my guess is when you bought yours from Cheaky Peak, they had to make up your font accessories.  That suggested to me that Cheaky Peak are best placed to help out with advice.

See my post on Hilltop hops keggerator build thread I figured it all out. Thanks for reply mate

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 5:40 PM, One Eyed Bandit said:

No problems so far fella. But i only use them for menial things such as in the photo. All my beer and gas disconnects in the keg fridge are stainless steel.

I stand corrected . I have one plastic dis connect for gas. Getting around to change it.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2023 at 8:23 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have only used them so far for about 2 years but I have a stock of then & change them occasionally when one becomes difficult,  but I probably should move to SS.

I’ve been using the plastic ones for about two years also, just ordered ss ones, I found the o rings when pulled apart inside the plastic cap are deteriorating causing the poppit not to open 😧

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, John304 said:

I’ve been using the plastic ones for about two years also, just ordered ss ones, I found the o rings when pulled apart inside the plastic cap are deteriorating causing the poppit not to open 😧

I have used them from day one, but I may try some SS ones.

I have a packet of spare o rings, but I just bought some Lubri-Film-Plus & was told that will help.

2215780.webp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have used them from day one, but I may try some SS ones.

I have a packet of spare o rings, but I just bought some Lubri-Film-Plus & was told that will help.

2215780.webp

With that lube don't use too much on the post o rings they will stuff up the inside of the quick connect

Put a little bit and I mean a little bit on a finger and rub it between 2 fingers just so you can feel it then apply to the o ring

• Like 2