Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2023

Shamus O'Sean

On 12/20/2023 at 2:58 PM, ozdevil said:

if that is only a 5litre keg   or smaller    what i do    is get a  eski bag  dump the keg in  it then  fill the eski with ice 

this is the size eski bag i have  and rather cheap from bunnings its a 30 can cooler

Esky 30 Can Hybrid Soft Cooler

this should work with the tap system  that you have with that keg

Just to show you what i mean     

20220430_222520.thumb.jpg.f696a10f08d6bd47b82040a8c4a3382d.jpg

the keg in there is 5litre ikegger    not much smaller then yours    and have used this on many occasions with just a pluto gun  ,  mainly on the golf course  and stayed cold the entire time and just used the sodastream bulbs   to keep it carbed and to pour   

i went through 15 pots +2 375ml stubbies   the group in front of us ran out of beer   and they seen i was pouring beer into aglass lol  and gave me 20 bucks for filling 2 stubbies and back at the clubhouse they paid for my beers lol.

having said that   my beer was carbed  before going into the eski and was at 1°c before going into eski full of ice   with a 1 metre beer line to pluto 

the esky i shown in the above pics works really well    but with my 5litre keg it fits through the top  i just cant close it due to  gas and pluto gun but it does the job   and is very portable   

i had this on golf cart   and i thought  yeah its going to be all foam and froth    but surprisingly it wasnt   with all the bumping of  uneven surface  a golf course provides  on a country track

Yep, @ozdevil I have a similar set up, only my cooler is an Artic Zone soft cooler bag with an "Easy Access" lid in the top, so that allows me to have the tap head and gas set up protruding out the top of the esky, while the majority of the bag is zipped closed. - Colder for longer 😉

Mind you, if I had my time over again, I reckon one of these bad boys for $32.00 would be the GO ...  Arctic Zone 50 Can Tabletop Cooler

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I am lost on this. What was the actual problem and the solution?  I wondered why everyone was talking about beer line length when it appeared that you had a tap on the keg? And what you then extended the gas line>? Like I said i am lost.

No I didn't extend the gas line I shortened it, the problem was the psi was too high for a tap mounted directly to the keg.

It is now sorted & works great.

Like I said, I stuffed up earlier but that's history now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Merry Christmas Phil hope you have many enjoyable beers

Yes it is sorted,I now have control, anyway it's the first time I have used a smaller keg other than a 19l Corny.

BTW,  the IPA coming out of it using Eclipse hops is awesome 👌 

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Yep, @ozdevil I have a similar set up, only my cooler is an Artic Zone soft cooler bag with an "Easy Access" lid in the top, so that allows me to have the tap head and gas set up protruding out the top of the esky, while the majority of the bag is zipped closed. - Colder for longer 😉

Mind you, if I had my time over again, I reckon one of these bad boys for $32.00 would be the GO ...  Arctic Zone 50 Can Tabletop Cooler

the bag i shown  has the easy access lid on top  which seams very similar to my set up as i can zip mine up as well 

the 50 can table top cooler from kmart i like it  but the downside   you may not get suffient ice around the keg    

i like the hieght of the one i have   as it only gas and prv valve and the disconnect  the stay outside through the easy access lid   as ice can go right around the keg  giving a much even coldness to the keg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

the bag i shown  has the easy access lid on top  which seams very similar to my set up as i can zip mine up as well 

the 50 can table top cooler from kmart i like it  but the downside   you may not get suffient ice around the keg    

i like the hieght of the one i have   as it only gas and prv valve and the disconnect  the stay outside through the easy access lid   as ice can go right around the keg  giving a much even coldness to the keg

Brilliant - cold frothies - on the go - that's the go ! 😉😂👏🍺🍺

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The new mini keg is all up &running now, the only thing I am not happy with is the regulator & gas bottle in there.

Has any20231222_085417.thumb.jpg.68ec06504170633dd8cc641535a86321.jpg kegger ever had any bad experiences or comments on that?

Cheers 🍻 

So youre pouring straight from the keg with no beer line? I dont get it Phil, defys logic to me 🤔

• Sad 1

Merry Christmas all, just wandering if any one has trouble with s/s disconnects. Just received my replacement s/s as I was having trouble with the old plastic ones. I,ve used lubri film plus but can't get the liquid ones to click onto the posts,

cheers

john

Edited by John304
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, John304 said:

Merry Christmas all, just wandering if any one has trouble with s/s disconnects. Just received my replacement s/s as I was having trouble with the old plastic ones. I,ve used lubri film plus but can't get the liquid ones to click onto the posts,

cheers

john

Did they give you 2 gas disconnects?

1 hour ago, John304 said:

cheers

john

Def not trying to be a smart a%#*e but are sure you are connecting the SS coloured black for Beer disconnect to the OUT post.

The beer SS disconnect will struggle to connect to the gas in post.

match the posts to the right corny keg and win a prize! | Homebrew Talk -  Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Edited by Tricky Micky

16 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes Mate, it is a KEG KING BEER TAP-INTERTAP CHROME-DICONNECT PICNIC SET

All ready to click on to the outpost, it works well as long as you keep the psi down, 2-4 seems to work well.

Ah fair enough. I guess cold gas helps too. Be hard to make that portable though I would think.

• Like 1

Just now, Pale Man said:

Ah fair enough. I guess cold gas helps too. Be hard to make that portable though I would think.

I just use two growlers both two litres when mobile much easier (imo) no stuffing around with gas bottles or the smaller cartridges which are pretty expensive and they fit into an esky with no tap or gas to worry about. If you were using nitro and going mobile perhaps a keg would be good! (Maybe)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tricky Micky said:

Def not trying to be a smart a%#*e but are sure you are connecting the SS coloured black for Beer disconnect to the OUT post.

The beer SS disconnect will struggle to connect to the gas in post.

match the posts to the right corny keg and win a prize! | Homebrew Talk -  Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

No def black to out post, I-managed to get one on by holding the collar up all the way on, Maybe first time use a bit tight, will persevere 😓 cheers thanks for advise

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John304 said:

No def black to out post, I-managed to get one on by holding the collar up all the way on, Maybe first time use a bit tight, will persevere 😓 cheers thanks for advise

All good now, didn’t realise you have to hold the collar up all the way on, 🤪

Edited by John304
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I wasn't going to, but do you think it would make any difference?

I assumed as long as the keg was in the ice that would be enough.

I just dont get how you can pour beer with no beer line. I suppose your poring at 2 psi, which is extremely low. Its sort of not making any sense to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I just dont get how you can pour beer with no beer line. I suppose your poring at 2 psi, which is extremely low. Its sort of not making any sense to me.

It didn't to me either, when we had our discussion on beer line length, I set it up & of course didn't realise at the time it was connected to the gas post. There is another fitting that Hoppy sent me from Keg Land.

I will pour a beer from it later & post it.

Ball Lock Disconnect (Black/Liquid) - With Integrated Tap Shank & Collar

ball-lock-disconnect-blackliquid-with-integrated-tap-shank-and-collar-kegland-4_b49fb604-f07f-426e-a177-eca64011cdeb.webp

ball-lock-disconnect-blackliquid-with-integrated-tap-shank-and-collar-kegland-6_84e7b075-f755-4778-a935-452e966053bb.webp

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It didn't to me either, when we had our discussion on beer line length, I set it up & of course didn't realise at the time it was connected to the gas post. There is another fitting that Hoppy sent me from Keg Land.

I will pour a beer from it later & post it.

Ball Lock Disconnect (Black/Liquid) - With Integrated Tap Shank & Collar

ball-lock-disconnect-blackliquid-with-integrated-tap-shank-and-collar-kegland-4_b49fb604-f07f-426e-a177-eca64011cdeb.webp

ball-lock-disconnect-blackliquid-with-integrated-tap-shank-and-collar-kegland-6_84e7b075-f755-4778-a935-452e966053bb.webp

SKU: KL 22859

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Thats how I'm currently pouring all my beers. Straight to the coolroom with the tap Phil has just posted. disconnect gas post, pull prv and pour, re-attach gas post, my kegerator has been packed away since our last market and house reno's, so no space for it. works fine, just a slower pour.

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 1