Coopers Community

What are your next 3 or 4 brews going to be?

I want to do the Irish Stout kit.  Never tried it. Will maybe get my LHBS guy to recommend a dark grain to steep

Also want to do an IPA of sorts with cascade as I've never tried it. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

What are your plans @Classic Brewing Co?

Well ATM I only have one keg/one tap but our good friend @Hoppy81 whom I try to support as much as possible will be here Monday with some goodies for me, 1 x Keg & extra taps, that is the reason I have been stalling off on AG #3 as I really wanted to try it out of the tap. I have a couple of recipes all ready to go but next week I will be in full swing. My target is 4 taps so I will be giving MR BrewZilla a hiding. I have been doing a few k & k purely for stock, I bottled a Dark Ale today & drinking a lovely Stout right now.

I am blown away with the endless opportunities with AG brewing, so much to choose from.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 5

AG Wheat Beer ready to go if I don't get called out to work tomorrow. Will add home grown apricots that have been in the freezer since last season.

AG Hazy (Citra & Mosaic), however will need to double mash as I didn't scale it properly and it's more grain than my kettle can manage in one go.

AG WC IPA - I think the Coastbusters recipe that @Red devil 44shared is on the cards for that one.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

AG Wheat Beer ready to go if I don't get called out to work tomorrow. Will add home grown apricots that have been in the freezer since last season.

AG Hazy (Citra & Mosaic), however will need to double mash as I didn't scale it properly and it's more grain than my kettle can manage in one go.

AG WC IPA - I think the Coastbusters recipe that @Red devil 44is on the cards for that one.

@Dustin FrothmanYeah the West Coast IPA was a winner for me, glad I brewed a double batch but I will brew another batch for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First one will be a Guinness clone. I'm waiting on tasting my two 10 litre kegs, one with 2g lactose added and the other with 3% sour mash added. That way I can decide which is the better option for souring.

I am off on holiday for a week on Sunday and hopefully I might manage a brew on Saturday morning. Depends if I get all my kit sorted out before.

After the Guinness maybe an Old Perc. then I fancy getting a Sam Adams right. The one I did I bottled and over primed it. Also the hop profile wasn't right.

I'd have to use a different yeast as it's summer time here and the lowest temperature in the basement is 21°C.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

@Dustin FrothmanYeah the West Coast IPA was a winner for me, glad I brewed a double batch but I will brew another batch for sure. 

should do the   juice bigalow   from kegland   and i have done both of west coast and the neipa    i found the neipa better  but the coast busters was  great also

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brewing a APA 30 minute boil First Wort Hopped with Northern Brewer then at 5 minutes Citra, Amarillo and Cascade. With a 20 minute whirlpool. Then a double batch of my regular Irish Red recipe.  After that I have plans to do the original Sierra Nevada APA that I found in a book of clone recipes.   

• Like 7

Great topic.  Here're mine:

1. Stella Artois clone (pitched on previous lager {Lallemand Diamond} yeast cake)
  2. Berliner Weisse (Soured by Philly Sour yeast)
  3. Sam Adams Boston Lager Clone (pitched on Stella Artois yeast cake)
  4. Columbus Pale Ale (Latest in my Single Hop Pale Ale experience)
  5. Then another lager (pitched on Sam Adams Boston Lager yeast cake)

Got the next five planned too.

• Like 6

I am constantly Amazed at how detailed some of you Brewer's can be.

Well Done to you All.

Striving to clone famous brands, mostly that I've never heard of or tasted!

It makes my effort's to produce a nice Pale Ale seem so insignificant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my beers (mostly) but the extra effort that some put into there designer beers in mind blowing.

I applaud You All 👏

• Like 4

Samuel Adams Boston lager clone. I have been planning this for a week, but a bit of inertia has set in unfortunately. Have to get off my behind and get out and brave the cold in the brewery and get it underway!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm trying to use up what hops I have in the freezer.

I think I have some East Ken Goldings. I might put those in a Cooper English Bitter.

Then I think I might try a Fresh Wort Kit. Maybe the Japanese Lager one.

And I have a Cider kit here on my desk. That'll be done in the not too distant future.

• Like 4