Coopers Community

What are your next 3 or 4 brews going to be?

Back to my roots, so it'll be an English Bitter - based on a fairly recent recipe which turned out very very nice. This time I'll swap out the Fuggles for a Sticklebract/Bramling Cross combo as I have these two hops on hand.  Also, I like what flaked barley did to the head and mouthfeel of a dark ale also brewed recently so I might sub it in place of the wheat I originally used in this bitter.   🤓

After that, not sure?  I will likely re-brew my Cascade PA I think.  The original was far darker than predicted and I suspected a grain bill error was the reason.  I want to do it again just to prove the point!

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, terminal2k said:

Next 4 will be: Tranquili-Tea IPA, Hop Slam IPA, Woolworths Draught and a Hopped Cider

A cider kit? An unhopped one? or a MJ one that comes with hops?

What are you planning on hopping it with.

Recently I acquired 2 Morgans cider kits that were close to use by date. I used one of their Lime flavours in one & it's not bad.
I'm tempted to try the strawberry flavouring, but I like the lime, so it'll be that in the next kit too I think.

Before that I hopped a MJ kit with 30 grams of Citra. I'll be making another soon & I think I'll up it to 50 grams of Citra.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Graculus said:

A cider kit? An unhopped one? or a MJ one that comes with hops?

What are you planning on hopping it with.

Just apple juice from the supermarket. I have some Cascade and Galaxy in the freezer I just have to work out how much to put in

• Like 2

Put down a Coopers English Bitter with 600g BE 3 today. Do this a lot along with the Dark Ale. But I am looking for an easy "malty" beer, bit like an Irish Red, Kilkenny. I tried a fairly easy recipe but at about 8 or 9 weeks old now isn't what I was looking for.

Sooo, years ago I did a Brigalow Munic Lager and if I recall correctly it was very  very malty. BigW sell it so will give that a crack along with 600g BE 3

Sorry mods. Lol

• Like 6

Bottled the 2021 Vintage ROTM today to mature until next winter, next brews will be

simple kit mild ale with citra hops

a kits and bits ipa with verdant ipa yeast

first try of a belgian ale yeast. will add some coriander, maybe a touch of orange rind.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I admire your resolve to leave a beer that long.

I'm sure it adds to the Beer

but I couldn't wait that Long.. 

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm drinking a case of stout that has been at the back of the garage since June 2017.

I know at least half the case is that old. The other half of the bottles simply has S on the lid and I'm not exactly sure when that batch was brewed.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Graculus said:

I'm drinking a case of stout that has been at the back of the garage since June 2017.

My storage system means no lost brews

I would have to hide them and then forget where I Hid them.🤣

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Graculus said:

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm drinking a case of stout that has been at the back of the garage since June 2017.

I know at least half the case is that old. The other half of the bottles simply has S on the lid and I'm not exactly sure when that batch was brewed.

To keep track I have a simple xls sheet. Each batch gets a number and some basic details about the brew.  I then just write the number on the crown seal of each bottle with a texta.

Screenshot_20220703-203131_Sheets.thumb.jpg.bd08e9c2f0c1fdba35c844ce57938a9d.jpg

Edited by oldbloke
Add image
  • Like 5

Next up will be another English bitter - new recipe I want to try with golden syrup addition.

After that I’ll brew a Pilsner for later in the year while it’s still cold, and then I’m thinking a Belgian ale - maybe the Abbey blond recipe from coopers…

There’s just too much choice. I think I need a beer!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I am away for a few weeks but when I get back I will get stuck in to my to-do list.

1. Frosty Fruits Pale Ale (a standard concoction of mine)

2. Deep Creek Dusty Gringo clone

3. Smoked Porter

• Like 5

On 7/3/2022 at 8:17 PM, oldbloke said:

To keep track I have a simple xls sheet. Each batch gets a number and some basic details about the brew.  I then just write the number on the crown seal of each bottle with a texta.

Screenshot_20220703-203131_Sheets.thumb.jpg.bd08e9c2f0c1fdba35c844ce57938a9d.jpg

Yes, I do something similar.

Brew number written on top of lid of bottle.

I'm not sure why those particular stouts weren't numbered correctly.

And recently I got some nearly out of date cider kits that I brewed one after the other.

I found six unlabelled bottles the other day while moving stuff around.

They're marked CDR, as I'm not sure which batch they were.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/27/2022 at 9:08 PM, oldbloke said:

Put down a Coopers English Bitter with 600g BE 3 today. Do this a lot along with the Dark Ale. But I am looking for an easy "malty" beer, bit like an Irish Red, Kilkenny. I tried a fairly easy recipe but at about 8 or 9 weeks old now isn't what I was looking for.

Sooo, years ago I did a Brigalow Munic Lager and if I recall correctly it was very  very malty. BigW sell it so will give that a crack along with 600g BE 3

Sorry mods. Lol

Well, I tied that Munic Lager tonight. 7 or 8 weeks old now.

Not bad. Not as malty as I recall. Will try it again I think.

20220917_182659.thumb.jpg.417dbcded07110462493e75516036688.jpg

Edited by oldbloke
Lol. Wrong pic
  • Like 5