Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

6 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

3757578B-7F67-483B-8C66-60985D49DBD3.thumb.jpeg.f824395d1636909483ce2b56ef8a2a3a.jpeg

Here it is on today’s ride. Norco Search gravel bike but I use it as a roady mainly. All carbon, very comfortable and good for working off all the beers 🤣

Nice.  In a past life... decades ago, triathlon was my preferred form of self-inflicted torture.  Back then carbon-fibre was a relatvely new thing and for ordinary mortals such as I - totally unaffordable!   But that aside, "working off all the beers" is well, pretty much the only reason I work out these days!  😄

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Amazing spot there @Tone boy Toner - where is that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Down here....

Endless mowing.... mowing... mowing deserved a refreshing Hefeweizen the CO2 bulbs live on : )

image.thumb.png.e4ce08b442d084e1be109cec6cbd5368.png 

Great to hear the HW lives on!! Looks the real Mckoy too. Nicely mown lawn = less joe blakes too 🐍.

I live in regional Vic up near lake Eildon. That is my usual ride up in those hills above the lake. Beautiful spot away from traffic and great views too. 
Back on topic (sorry for the bike detour everyone) I’ve followed @BlackSandslead and into a lovely summer ale. 
3A994CDB-C9B2-407B-99E5-06D8BBB4019E.thumb.jpeg.efb68065bd75faa639d57454961958e0.jpeg

Would love to brew a HW one day@Itinerant Peasant IP, maybe next cab off the rank. I believe some hallertau mittelfruh and some lally Munich yeast might be the way forward there?…oh and a blow off tube!!!

Cheers everyone 🍻🍻

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Its Lake Eildon VIC the southern side near Jews creek, there is a look out there.  The HT power lines you see in the background are what we call the killer flying fox.  I used to take people up there and dare them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I am drinking a pacific summer ale at the moment that has something different about it which I don't like.  This batch was #65 and its just MO and Wheat and the usual Galaxy and Summer hops.  Its turned out sort of sour-ish, more bitter-ish, not grassy (to my knowledge as I have never tasted a grassy beer).  I did use 50 g dry hop in the last two batches of this as they are getting on a bit, its normally 30 g, this one is definitely an out of balance beer.

One thing it could be was its the only one of my many batches of PSA which was NOT done in the pressure fermenter, used the Coopers 23 L FV instead and it was dry hopped with the galaxy in a hop sock.  Maybe left them in too long and no pressure dunno?

PSA Batch #65 - resized.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Its Lake Eildon VIC the southern side near Jews creek, there is a look out there.  The HT power lines you see in the background are what we call the killer flying fox.  I used to take people up there and dare them.

Yep that’s the spot, Mount Pinniger 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackSands said:

In a past life... decades ago, triathlon was my preferred form of self-inflicted torture

Wow, respect. Tough sport.

I can run and ride ….but when I swim it looks like a drunken octopus in a fight with a washing machine 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

….but when I swim it looks like a drunken octopus in a fight with a washing machine 🤣

As it happens I haven't swum for well over 10 years - or more.. . until very recently.   I'd gotten well over weight over the years and lost my "beach confidence".  But with recent weight loss in the last couple of years things changed and I actually took my first ocean plunge a few weeks ago!  Got home, wet and salty and celebrated my small break through "success" with a nice cold homebrew!  😜

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Down here....

Endless mowing.... mowing... mowing deserved a refreshing Hefeweizen the CO2 bulbs live on : )

image.thumb.png.e4ce08b442d084e1be109cec6cbd5368.png 

If you don’t get any gas soon, I will get some for ya. Send me your address in a PN

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

If you don’t get any gas soon, I will get some for ya. Send me your address in a PN

Was thinking this exact same thing @Aussiekraut , if @Itinerant Peasant would like us to provide him some gas it can be done via a anonymous pre-payment to his nominated supplier.  I am quite happy to chip in.  Up to IP though, PM or email me if you are fine with that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Love my Belgian beers but Duvel is probably the only one I could drink a bottle of every day. 

Looks great mate.

I’m with you on that one mate. Some of the darker ones are a bit much if you have too many. Duvel is deceptively easy drinking…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

I’m with you on that one mate. Some of the darker ones are a bit much if you have too many. Duvel is deceptively easy drinking…

Sure? I find Belgians not that easy to drink to be honest. They're nice and good and all that but again, nobody ever said they need a Triple just after mowing the lawn. If I want a good beer, a Belgian is great but if I am thirsty, the last thing I want is a Quadruple 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Aussiekraut said:

Sure? I find Belgians not that easy to drink to be honest. They're nice and good and all that but again, nobody ever said they need a Triple just after mowing the lawn. If I want a good beer, a Belgian is great but if I am thirsty, the last thing I want is a Quadruple 🙂 

Oh no I agree AK. The Dubbels are definitely an after-dinner beer, to be sipped. It’s just that Duvel is lighter bodied and dangerously moreish. After-lawn beer for me wouldn’t be more than 5%, light-coloured and bloody cold

• Like 4

4 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Was thinking this exact same thing @Aussiekraut , if @Itinerant Peasant would like us to provide him some gas it can be done via a anonymous pre-payment to his nominated supplier.  I am quite happy to chip in.  Up to IP though, PM or email me if you are fine with that.

Happy to chip in too for my old mate @Itinerant Peasant, just let me know 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:
On 1/14/2022 at 10:05 PM, Tone boy said:

I love a happy ending! Glad it all worked out well Phil 🍻👍
I had my Bootmaker PA a couple of weeks ago (with cascade and Galaxy) and it was really bitter, quite intense and not enjoyable. Cracked one tonight and bitterness had really faded and tasted great. Seems darker than yours though…maybe snagged an older can 🤫

Hey Toner, I used Light LDME maybe that's why - still one of my favourite brews.

I have just done 46 liters of the Bootmaker - had a taste of a sample @ about day 10 in the FV and it is bitter - haven't added the dry hop yet mind you. I'm certainly hoping that bitterness will fade. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I have just done 46 liters of the Bootmaker - had a taste of a sample @ about day 10 in the FV and it is bitter - haven't added the dry hop yet mind you. I'm certainly hoping that bitterness will fade. 

Yep it’s much more bitter than the regular pale ale kit. Probably more suited as a base for an IPA. It did fade a little bit with time in the bottle though…

Ill probably go back to the regular pale ale kit me thinks 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tone boy said:

Yep it’s much more bitter than the regular pale ale kit. Probably more suited as a base for an IPA. It did fade a little bit with time in the bottle though…

Ill probably go back to the regular pale ale kit me thinks 

Yeah, I think I might try a big whack of Galaxy and Cascade in a late dry hop - maybe that'll balance it out a bit.....I found it too bitter for my liking...early days though - just hoping it'll fade a bit

• Like 4

No BBQ & Pizza for me, I am in the office catching up om some Artwork for a few recent orders but I can still enjoy a beer, this is the Wheat Beer, not as 'zingy as the others but very pleasant & drinkable. The head retention is not as good as my Pales etc.

I think knock off time is about due so out in the great outdoors for me. Cheers.

20220116_144807.thumb.jpg.0c38ce403973635d003a1f3ffb77be0b.jpg

• Like 9

2nd Beer for the day, a MJ Mexican Lager, not one of my favourites but I bought it on special, it is fairly dark, malty but I probably wouldn't buy it again as I prefer Pales/IPA's etc.  I left it for 6 months & it has cleared up a little & mellowed. When I first tried it after a few weeks it was unpourable !!

1192143940_MEXICANLAGER16012022.thumb.jpg.869f3ef004d872cdcb70ef5c9c246e53.jpg

• Like 6

Hmmmm the "What are you drinking in 2022" thread has 8 pages of comments already but the "Brewday" and "What's in your Fermenter" threads are still on the first page. Either you guys are p&^s heads or you have enough stock to afford drinking for 2 weeks without brewing 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5