Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

17 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

bootmaker pale ale from the archives didn't know what it was until poured it and had a taste. This must be 6 months old haven't mate a boot for a while. Another 5 surprises for during week no idea what they are.

@Itinerant Peasant very clear well gassed looking Lager

20220103_174620.jpg

Looks good JamieK, you mind sharing the recipe?

• Like 1

@Mickep ill have a look when home tonight but this may have been before my brew book. I used to use small pieces of paper in the bottle boxes. This could be as much as 10 months old. From memory I just used light dry or liquid malt and some sort of galaxy hop tea with bootmaker tin.

• Like 2

I have just finishing cleaning the shed at the new place & of course filled it up with junk. It will be good for storing empty bottles & other gear but my new brew room is quite large so I can spread things out & still have a large bar area & of course shelves full of my precious beer glass collection.

In the meantime I cracked a wheat beer which is quite heady, it has a pleasant bitter finish with a nice hop bite, very happy with this one.

Cheers Phil.

619507509_WheatBeer4012022.thumb.jpg.511dbbbb5b6eaa7d45e98396bde56a04.jpg

• Like 9

20 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Thanks @stquinto, much appreciated I will definitely try this after our summer. I may use a different yeast though, not a fan of S-04.

I might be completely wrong @kmar92 KMar mate but I would recommend the Lallemand Dry Yeast - London Ale Yeast as it leaves maltotriose alone and that has a tiny hint of residual sweetness - not sweet - but Pommy Ale rounded nice flavour - and it seems a good goer as well.  But each to their own suspect there will be plenty other good yeasts as well 👍

In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew London yeast exhibits:
Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 3 days
Medium attenuation and Low flocculation
Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma, allowing Malt aromas and flavors to shine through
The optimal temperature range for LalBrew London yeast when producing traditional styles is 18°C(65°F)  to 22°C(72°F)
LalBrew London does not utilize the sugar maltotriose (a molecule composed of 3 glucose units).
Maltotriose is present in wort in an average 10-15% of all malt worts. The result will be fuller  body and residual sweetness in beer. Be advised to adjust gravities and mash temperatures according to desired result.
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't know what this is, it's hoppy and strong so an IPA with Saison yeast as I do.

Really yummy. So Fricken hot here, 30°c at 8am, driving today the car said it was 40°c. Ouch. Considering the humidity being 80% the beer goes down very well

PXL_20220104_081431895.thumb.jpg.6819d0ca0cda13218423a5605fa58850.jpg

• Like 13

17 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Mickep ill have a look when home tonight but this may have been before my brew book. I used to use small pieces of paper in the bottle boxes. This could be as much as 10 months old. From memory I just used light dry or liquid malt and some sort of galaxy hop tea with bootmaker tin.

Thanks @jamiek86, cheers mate. I just got a couple of the Bootmakers tins so was trying to figure out what might add to them. I've got a heap of Galaxy and Liquid LDME and wheat tins hanging around....

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have just finishing cleaning the shed at the new place & of course filled it up with junk. It will be good for storing empty bottles & other gear but my new brew room is quite large so I can spread things out & still have a large bar area & of course shelves full of my precious beer glass collection.

In the meantime I cracked a wheat beer which is quite heady, it has a pleasant bitter finish with a nice hop bite, very happy with this one.

Cheers Phil.

619507509_WheatBeer4012022.thumb.jpg.511dbbbb5b6eaa7d45e98396bde56a04.jpg

Looks very smashable fella!!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I might be completely wrong @kmar92 KMar mate but I would recommend the Lallemand Dry Yeast - London Ale Yeast as it leaves maltotriose alone and that has a tiny hint of residual sweetness - not sweet - but Pommy Ale rounded nice flavour - and it seems a good goer as well.  But each to their own suspect there will be plenty other good yeasts as well 👍

In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew London yeast exhibits:
Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 3 days
Medium attenuation and Low flocculation
Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma, allowing Malt aromas and flavors to shine through
The optimal temperature range for LalBrew London yeast when producing traditional styles is 18°C(65°F)  to 22°C(72°F)
LalBrew London does not utilize the sugar maltotriose (a molecule composed of 3 glucose units).
Maltotriose is present in wort in an average 10-15% of all malt worts. The result will be fuller  body and residual sweetness in beer. Be advised to adjust gravities and mash temperatures according to desired result.
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.

@kmar92 @Itinerant Peasant I just remembered why I chose S-04: it came from the Brewfather recipe. The CAMRA book doesn’t give yeast recommendations. 
Where I am (winter season etc.) it worked ok

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

Well b*gger me fellas with your 40 degrees, I just plucked this Old Perc from the case in the garage and here I am in my bunker - 14 degrees…1B410190-0E22-4376-A0EA-78C661A77478.thumb.jpeg.130c87fcb97c6ebbac567927557d2d09.jpeg

@Classic Brewing Co I’ll have the brass polished in a jiffy Phil, honest 🤣

That would be good El Squinto - we cant' have that sort of thing here, just get it sorted 😀 nice looking brew !!

• Haha 2

Late yesterday afternoon a quick Bootmaker Pale Ale before my guests arrive, I am shouting a BBQ & p... up.

I have a few very faithful mates that all chipped in between Xmas & New Year to finalise my move to the new house, I had to repay them somehow for their kindness & hard work. We couldn't get a removalist so we had to hire a couple of 8x5 cage trailers, it was hard work & nothing was damaged so I am very grateful.

20220104_170714.thumb.jpg.14008610bed6ea3f706266e645dce599.jpg

• Like 7

On 1/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, disgruntled said:

I am, but there are crocs and jelly fish

Yes Irukandji jellyfish, impossible to see when swimming as they are only the size of your little finger nail and they are one of the most deadly of all jellyfish.

Irukandji Jellyfish.PNG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1