Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

Cheers @Tone boy Toner yes the AG and kits n bits HWs can turn out very nicely w Lallemand Munich Classic Hefe : )

As you note: "I believe some hallertau mittelfruh and some lally Munich yeast might be the way forward there?…oh and a blow off tube!!!"  

I would suggest trying to keep the ferment around 18 deg C if you can. 

If you put in Coopers FV w Collar may not need the blow-off tube quite so much ; ) 

But if do in Pressure Fermenter of closed bubbler sealed versions yes Blow-Off Tube a very good idea to manage the fearsome raging Yeast Monster ; )

👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:36 PM, Aussiekraut said:

If you don’t get any gas soon...

@iBooz2 @Aussiekraut @Red devil 44

Thanks you kind Brewers - thanks very very much and hey no worries - it really is just a case of me braving the NSW Covid Monster and a couple hours in the car and I should be able to get hold of some CO2...  gotta get a windscreen done over there anyway eventually so am waiting till they crank back up again after the New Year - from today on ; )   And had me booster third shot cuppla days ago so will be in better shape to brave a trip out amongst the Covid vectors 😆

Vectors are living organisms that can transmit infectious pathogens between humans, or from animals to humans. (WHO Defn.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

Hey @DavidM, what hops and quantity did you add to this? Hop tea? Dry Hop? cheers mate. Looks good by the way.

I'm still learning my way with Hops..

for this one I used 25g Dry Hop, day 3-7

Forgot the hop boil at the start then forgot to take the dry hop out after 2 days.

Tastes great, holds it's head, I got luck again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I'm still learning my way with Hops..

for this one I used 25g Dry Hop, day 3-7

Forgot the hop boil at the start then forgot to take the dry hop out after 2 days.

Tastes great, holds it's head, I got luck again.

And I forgot to say I used Galaxy Hops

Either I drink too Much or I'm losing IT...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@iBooz2 @Aussiekraut @Red devil 44

Thanks you kind Brewers - thanks very very much and hey no worries - it really is just a case of me braving the NSW Covid Monster and a couple hours in the car and I should be able to get hold of some CO2

Good to know @Itinerant Peasant , I could not have you "not having any frothy" in your frothy's ha ha..😆

Also good to know you are taking care of yourself during these risky C19 + C20 + C21 + C22 times and looking out for those you come in contact with.  Big respect to you bloke.

Get gassed up soon so you don't lose that super good trip adviser rating on your post and rail beers ha ha. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/16/2022 at 2:14 PM, Tone boy said:

Bootmaker pale ale while cooking pizza on the bbq. Cheers everyone 🍻

Yes it was a great day for it (locally speaking) absolutely a beautiful summers day with just a slight breeze, love it.  I wish I had gone out in the bays fishing then been able to come home to a few beers and a pizza.  Gee I am really hungry now for a homemade pizza so will sneak one in for dinner on the next night or two.  Will have to feed and fire up one of the sourdough starters tonight so in time for prep-work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Yes it was a great day for it (locally speaking) absolutely a beautiful summers day with just a slight breeze, love it.  I wish I had gone out in the bays fishing then been able to come home to a few beers and a pizza.  Gee I am really hungry now for a homemade pizza so will sneak one in for dinner on the next night or two.  Will have to feed and fire up one of the sourdough starters tonight so in time for prep-work.

Homemade Pizza will always be one of my favourite things to eat, although I am very fussy with my pastry/bases, I like them thin & crispy but I am not so fussed with sourdough - I do like it but I have become a fan of stuffed crust cheese like Papa Giuseppe's.

They are awesome & nice & crispy & full of flavour, but homemade is best. 🍕 Cheers.

Papa%20G_SRC%20_%20BBQ%20MF.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry Chef Phil,  those PG Coles sold so called pizzas are not for me.  You could be eating a pet food grade dead cow from the UK or camel meat from Egypt with this stuff, refer ABC program on food substitution and I quote below ingredients.  Home made for me or starvation ensues.

Country of Origin:

Made in United Kingdom  FFS - why can't we make them here. But not out of pet food grade protein please?

Ingredients:

Wheat Flour, Tomato Puree, Mozzarella Cheese (10%) [Milk, Salt, Microbial Rennet, Starter Cultures], Water, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Sunflower), Cooked Manufactured Bacon (3.5%) [Pork, Water, Dextrose, Salt, Smoke Flavouring, Stabiliser (Pyrophosphates), Antioxidant (Sodium Ascorbate), Preservative (Sodium Nitrite)], Fermented Pepperoni - Heat Treated (3.5%) [Pork, Pork Fat, Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Herb Extract (Rosemary Extract), Spice Extracts, Antioxidants (315, 316), Preservative (Sodium Nitrite), Starter Cultures], Green Capsicum (2.5%), Red Onions (2.5%), Red Capsicum (2.5%), Yeast, Salt, Thickeners (Modified Potato Starch, Guar Gum), Sugar, Barley Malt Extract, Emulsifier (472e), Acidity Regulators (Calcium Carbonates, Calcium Phosphates, Ascorbic Acid), Garlic, Herbs and Spices, Flavour, Vitamins (Niacin (B3), Thiamin (B1)), Mineral (Iron)"

Do I need to quote more sheet?  Not for me.  All Aussie or SA fresh produce/ingredients would taste and be much better as you know.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Sorry Chef Phil,  those PG Coles sold so called pizzas are not for me.  You could be eating a pet food grade dead cow from the UK or camel meat from Egypt with this stuff, refer ABC program on food substitution and I quote below ingredients.  Home made for me or starvation ensues.

Hey Al I agree, I just meant the style of crust if it could be replicated. Homemade Pizza is the only way to go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

Country of Origin:

Made in United Kingdom  FFS - why can't we make them here. But not out of pet food grade protein please?

Ingredients:

Wheat Flour, Tomato Puree, Mozzarella Cheese (10%) [Milk, Salt, Microbial Rennet, Starter Cultures], Water, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Sunflower), Cooked Manufactured Bacon (3.5%) [Pork, Water, Dextrose, Salt, Smoke Flavouring, Stabiliser (Pyrophosphates), Antioxidant (Sodium Ascorbate), Preservative (Sodium Nitrite)], Fermented Pepperoni - Heat Treated (3.5%) [Pork, Pork Fat, Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Herb Extract (Rosemary Extract), Spice Extracts, Antioxidants (315, 316), Preservative (Sodium Nitrite), Starter Cultures], Green Capsicum (2.5%), Red Onions (2.5%), Red Capsicum (2.5%), Yeast, Salt, Thickeners (Modified Potato Starch, Guar Gum), Sugar, Barley Malt Extract, Emulsifier (472e), Acidity Regulators (Calcium Carbonates, Calcium Phosphates, Ascorbic Acid), Garlic, Herbs and Spices, Flavour, Vitamins (Niacin (B3), Thiamin (B1)), Mineral (Iron)"

Do I need to quote more sheet?  Not for me.  All Aussie or SA fresh produce/ingredients would taste and be much better as you know.

It’s got (amongst other things) malted barley extract, yeast, water and dextrose in it. 
It’s basically a beer in solid state…🤣

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

It’s got (amongst other things) malted barley extract, yeast, water and dextrose in it. 
It’s basically a beer in solid state…🤣

And maybe camel or cow in a solid or fermented state too!

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, disgruntled said:
15 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Sodium Nitrite)

Nothing wrong with that, I use it in my home made small goods

I use it in the wet brine for pickling pork (Prague powder #1) S Nitrite and Table salt. Works a treat. Prague powder# 2 I believe is for the cold smoked or cured small goods. 

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, disgruntled said:

bit dark?

Might've gone a bit excessive on the Munich Malt but it's not thaaat far off Paulaner see below (and the glass of Paulaner tinnie did not yet have the last-bit-of-the-tin-yeast added).... anyway is easy to remedy -- just back off on the Munich... seems to taste like Hefeweizen tho ; )

image.thumb.png.1b1b8b92fdc150b770f71f1bc823bab0.png

This current one's older Sister was lighter and had just Wheat and Pale Barley Malt no Munich:

image.thumb.png.b51115e39d5d8887fb4136b2ffeaf519.png

• Like 5

@disgruntled Disso you got me all worried so I thought best I try another one for quality control and investigative purposes only - and yes I agree it may be a little dark for some but seems to taste pretty good like a reasonable Bavarian Hefeweizen I sorta reckon 🥳  (Probs down a little on CO2 for my liking as am on bulbs)  

image.thumb.png.273e1a9e58967dfb8c8c3f697d27ec55.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@disgruntled Disso you got me all worried so I thought best I try another one for quality control and investigative purposes only - and yes I agree it may be a little dark for some but seems to taste pretty good like a reasonable Bavarian Hefeweizen I sorta reckon 🥳  (Probs down a little on CO2 for my liking as am on bulbs)  

Hey IP that's a great looking beer - beautiful colour, nice glass too !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1