Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

10 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Shamus O'Sean nice looker lagered how long? just served a partial mash one of these to a guest at 7 weeks in keg.  Explaining about the sulphur and it blending in over time.  For me the young beers high in sulphur are more Melbourne bitter. The more blended in are VB

Only 11 days in the keg plus about 4 days cold crashing.  Lagering is over-rated.

You could be right RE: MB vs VB

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Only 11 days in the keg plus about 4 days cold crashing.  Lagering is over-rated.

You could be right RE: MB vs VB

The reason is the last time I had a MB I noticed heaps more sulphur than a vb. Even less of it in a carlton draught. Before I started brewing my own beers it wasn't the sort of thing I noticed or understood 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Just chucked in no additional weight added. You'll see when you remove the bag the colour is stripped from the fruit. 

Thanks mate I need to get one of these in why summer is still apon us and keg it

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 9:59 PM, stquinto said:

In summer I can ferment in either of the two rooms (18°C or 23°C) but not dubbya.

@stquinto Sainter you should give Dubbya a go at 18 I think you will be quietly surprised how good it runs at that Temp ; )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

Duval clone, and the original. Just need to get the carbonation right

6DE5E87D-7541-4450-AFE5-557AC98D99D3.jpeg

B27F2C49-18B3-4EBA-9DB2-7D08F1F18791.jpeg

What are you using for priming and how much? I find dextrose will give you a fluffier head with smaller bubbles. I usually carb to 4.0 volumes on the calculator which is lower than the commercial but seems to come out about right in a side by side. Probably due to some co2 in the liquid prior to the natural carbonation. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

What are you using for priming and how much? I find dextrose will give you a fluffier head with smaller bubbles. I usually carb to 4.0 volumes on the calculator which is lower than the commercial but seems to come out about right in a side by side. Probably due to some co2 in the liquid prior to the natural carbonation. 

I fermented it in a Keg King Junior as I wanted to cold crash it for 3 weeks, as the book Brew Like a Monk suggested. That way I didn’t take over the whole fridge as I only have one. It had fermented out completely so I decided to keg it without priming. Next time I’ll bottle it, maybe try to collect sone yeast from some Duvel bottles and try dextrose if you recommend it. I wish I’d made a full batch though but the logistics of the cold crash was against me. Need another fridge that’s for sure: a mate’s offering me an old one when he moves so that’ll help.BBCDC075-2BFA-4037-9A36-CCEF5B249D1B.thumb.jpeg.51ee4e355ed56acbf12a73932733e9fb.jpeg

Not yet 2 weeks but needed an IPA ekuanot ipa tasting great and fruity. @jamiek86 I think these IPA tins are malty when young and bitterness develops a little later. Doesn't make sense tho 😂 I dunno

20220109_113943.jpg

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

@PintsAtMeLocal ill have to try another one then but my centennial hop tea disappeared within 2 weeks. It was way to sweet for me  so tin must use crystal malt. If next one to sweet I'll tip it 20 longnecks to make way for my hoppy Canadian blonde with Coops ale yeast.

Does look.good though same as mine but can't get over sweetness 

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

You're well ahead if you can fit a keg and FV in the house fridge and keep everyone happy. 🍻

Fat chance 😥

I convinced SWMBO that we should retire one of the house fridges in the cellar and get a freezer with drawers.  So now I’m kegging 😃

Just put it out of sight so it’s not a painful reminder …

• Like 2
  • Haha 1