Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

17 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nice look brew IP !

I've got one of those picnic guns too, in metal they are nice and solid. Also a similar setup but for a SodaStream bottle. Useful if you are out and about or run out of the biggie. Out of interest, which gas do you use for your stouts ? Pure nitro or a blend ?

@stquinto Sainter 75 Nitro 25 COx - comes in separate higher pressure Nitro Cylinder w own higher pressure Regulator...  alas this is now empty too as it can be used also to dispense CO2 beers... 

@Tone boy mate the mini reg is what you see all there in the photo -  just the bulb cut off in photo - It should dispense 9L of beer supposedly:

1 X 16g CO2 Carbon Dioxide Gas Bulbs:
16g of food grade CO2 is contained in each bulb.  16g will dispense up to 9ltr of beer. Used with K1062 & WI26001 products

BUT I cannot see the mini-reg anywhere on the CPB site whence it came - admittedly some years ago now....?

The Stainless Pluto Gun is just regulation issue which I use in my set-up... 

As a whole the Bulb Gas does not seem to last too long - I think there is some PRV thing going on releasing some gas when it shouldn't or I just got leaks I cannot pin down... 

If you just stood there and poured all 9L into glasses it might work to push the beer out -- noting that you have already gassed up the beer previously with the big fat cylinder -- it might push 9L out of a keg.... but if I leave it hooked up overnight no grunt anymore in the morning... 

But it is certainly useful if yer got nuttin' else 🥳

My potential leakage issue is probably something the King of Gas me ol' cobber @Red devil 44 Reddler would resolve in a matter of minutes ; )

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@stquinto Sainter 75 Nitro 25 COx - comes in separate higher pressure Nitro Cylinder w own higher pressure Regulator...  alas this is now empty too as it can be used also to dispense CO2 beers... 

@Tone boy mate the mini reg is what you see all there in the photo -  just the bulb cut off in photo - It should dispense 9L of beer supposedly:

16g of food grade CO2 is contained in each bulb.  16g will dispense up to 9ltr of beer. Used with K1062 & WI26001 products

BUT I cannot see the mini-reg anywhere on the CPB site whence it came - admittedly some years ago now....?

As a whole the Bulb Gas does not seem to last too long - I think there is some PRV thing going on releasing some gas when it shouldn't or I just got leaks I cannot pin down... 

If you just stood there and poured all 9L into glasses it might work to push the beer out -- noting that you have already gassed up the beer previously with the big fat cylinder -- it might push 9L out of a keg.... but if I leave it hooked up overnight no grunt anymore in the morning... 

My potential leakage issue is probably something the King of Gas me ol' cobber @Red devil 44 Reddler would resolve in a matter of minutes ; )

Cheers mate. I found them on the grain and grape site. 👍🤟

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wadjadringggin? 

Saved by the Bulb ; )   

The CO2 Bulbs helping push out the latest Hefeweizen - yumbo - tastes like......... Hefeweizen  🥳

image.thumb.png.999f5282a3d9cf30ed6ef8ce1b7102b7.png

Sorry about the shakey top - I had to chase a young brown snake outta the inside yard - as it was blocking access to the Post-and-Rail Studio ; )

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yeah you must have a leak @Itinerant Peasant, it shouldn’t gain any pressure as such.

‘Only reasons for over pressuring the PRV could be a faulty diaphragm in the regulator ( allowing gas to pass contributing to higher pressure passing through the regulator. Secondly the PRV could be faulty, ( releasing earlier than what they are set to )I have had the same issue with those PRV,s, Hope this helps RD44 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First tasting of an Australian IPA. Seems pretty dark 🤔

Good and bitter, full bodied (malty) and you notice the 6.5% butcher’s bill…

This is from a keg, it’s been on gas at 15 psi for about 5 days.  Not overly carbonated. It has been maturing quite a while (at least 2 months)

6C157AAC-662D-4114-BA1A-42DD0A20B1CD.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Went to Hobart for work in March last year, good Craft Breweries down there 👍

wouldn't know wasn't legal to drink since I left but last couple of years got on my feet and covid 🤬 Always way have money to go but no confidence. Went quickly over weekend for birthday just before all this started. Will be planning a trip at end of year probably or long weekend to see my family that still there.

But hopefully Red D I can get to a couple when finally make it. Can u name a few you visited please? I wouldn't know where to start.

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

wouldn't know wasn't legal to drink since I left but last couple of years got on my feet and covid 🤬 Always way have money to go but no confidence. Went quickly over weekend for birthday just before all this started. Will be planning a trip at end of year probably or long weekend to see my family that still there.

But hopefully Red D I can get to a couple when finally make it. Can u name a few you visited please? I wouldn't know where to start.

Went to Shambles Brewery & Hobart Brewing Co 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

An over carbed' Pale Ale, shoulda heard the pop !! 

43669864_Overcarb.thumb.jpg.16c176108e937fef63a83a7b9d56b18a.jpg

But it turned out fine.

2111948524_Overcarb.jpg2.thumb.jpg.e7921e7a53ebbad0b6e862bdc8ce4795.jpg

I love a happy ending! Glad it all worked out well Phil 🍻👍
I had my Bootmaker PA a couple of weeks ago (with cascade and Galaxy) and it was really bitter, quite intense and not enjoyable. Cracked one tonight and bitterness had really faded and tasted great. Seems darker than yours though…maybe snagged an older can 🤫

Edited by Tone boy
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

i'm heading back home for a week at the end of february  , craft beer scene there is going to get well funded while i am there

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Tone boy said:

I love a happy ending! Glad it all worked out well Phil 🍻👍
I had my Bootmaker PA a couple of weeks ago (with cascade and Galaxy) and it was really bitter, quite intense and not enjoyable. Cracked one tonight and bitterness had really faded and tasted great. Seems darker than yours though…maybe snagged an older can 🤫

Hey Toner, I used Light LDME maybe that's why - still one of my favourite brews.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Just back from a 90 min stroll in the hot afternoon sun, so what better way to wind up the day but to have a sample of my latest bitter - a partial mash based on a Coopers lager can, with Gladfield malts and Southern Cross hops:  

SC_Bitter.jpg

I just got back from a 2 hour ride. You’re making me thirsty! I might have to join you BS!!

Your beer looks the goods 👍🍻

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

What's your machine of choice?

Here it is on today’s ride, and a better photo at the top. Norco Search gravel bike but I use it as a roady mainly. All carbon, very comfortable and good for working off all the beers 🤣

B11EEE98-354B-47F1-A062-B7336C286BBA.jpeg

71F70F5E-2710-4CE2-9A0D-AF52DC289B39.jpeg

Edited by Tone boy
  • Like 7