Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

The light's a bit stiff (started a bit earlier 😋) so not getting the nice bubble rise view but it's a beeyoodiful beer this Theakstons Old Peculiar Clone Mark II with lots of dark choc and caramel... yumbie scrumbie and yeah as usual haha the keg is running out so enjoying while we can... 🥳

image.thumb.png.33abc3cc60fde540eff7ec62d81966de.png

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

The light's a bit stiff (started a bit earlier 😋) so not getting the nice bubble rise view but it's a beeyoodiful beer this Theakstons Old Peculiar Clone Mark II with lots of dark choc and caramel... yumbie scrumbie and yeah as usual haha the keg is running out so enjoying while we can... 🥳

Cracking looking beer mate @Itinerant Peasant

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Last brew of 2021 turns into the first beer poured of 2022. My staple Aus Lager. Havnt made this in about 4 months. Probably the best I’ve made it. Can’t fault it. I was thinking I might change up the grain bill slightly but after the first taste today, that idea got shelved. Happy new beer to y’all.

B15860BC-9F5F-402E-8C33-664411F78623.jpeg

Looks guuud 👍🏽

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yeah, looks great @Itinerant Peasant, TOP is one of my favourite commercial beers.

Care to share your recipe?

• Like 3

Sampled a bottle of my very first FWK today. It was a Fresh Ale from Grain and Grape brewed with US-05 and at just two weeks in the bottle holy crap it's so good and nothing like a can kit at this age, I think I'm hooked on this stuff already.

Bottled another of the same kit this evening that was brewed with Nottingham for the same time and temp. I'm looking forward to trying that for a comparison and putting on their Aussie Draught kit first thing tomorrow.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Frosty Chop said:

Sampled a bottle of my very first FWK today. It was a Fresh Ale from Grain and Grape brewed with US-05 and at just two weeks in the bottle holy crap it's so good and nothing like a can kit at this age, I think I'm hooked on this stuff already.

Bottled another of the same kit this evening that was brewed with Nottingham for the same time and temp. I'm looking forward to trying that for a comparison and putting on their Aussie Draught kit first thing tomorrow.

basicly  fwk is a all grain kit that you dont put the hours in to make it

dont worry i am purely an all grainer, but sometimes i lift myself upto extract and fwk's

when you gain the experience mate you will be wanting to do the fwk  for real from scratch

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

basicly  fwk is a all grain kit that you dont put the hours in to make it

dont worry i am purely an all grainer, but sometimes i lift myself upto extract and fwk's

when you gain the experience mate you will be wanting to do the fwk  for real from scratch

Yeah, I understand the whole all grain method and what's involved and often pondered if I'd ever go that route. I've considered the outlay of coin to get into it and the time involved to do it. Plus the fact I'm pretty bloody lazy I and can just buy these kits and throw them on faster than a kit and kilo for not a whole lot more money and make what so far seems like a great beer 🙂 

Time will tell, perhaps after I've tried a few more of these kits I might be convinced.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Last brew of 2021 turns into the first beer poured of 2022. My staple Aus Lager. Havnt made this in about 4 months. Probably the best I’ve made it. Can’t fault it. I was thinking I might change up the grain bill slightly but after the first taste today, that idea got shelved. Happy new beer to y’all.

B15860BC-9F5F-402E-8C33-664411F78623.jpeg

Mitch mate, it looks bloody beautiful. And how awesomely clear is that. Just a beautiful looking drop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Your beers and your famous post pics never disappoint IP, bloody ripper mate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Yeah, looks great @Itinerant Peasant, TOP is one of my favourite commercial beers.

Care to share your recipe?

I have provided %s for the malt as it depends on the efficiency of your system and how full bodied and high you want things in ABV... but this should give you some idea @kmar92 KMar : )

And then it was just also a bit of inspiration from @stquinto Sainter's book recipe which was I think largely Maris Otter with a bit of Medium X or so... from vague memory 😋

image.thumb.png.614a0a801fc363a0cdc61141169d43ef.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cannot claim that crystal clarity like me Dubbya Bro @MitchBastard Mitchie but the "Larger" is still a lovely refreshing drop and has cleared up from earlier with time in the cold keggler.  Bit hard to keep condensation off the glass with more rain this summer 🥳

image.thumb.png.8fd0e63a7fb422190c702c68e0657041.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 13

56 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Cannot claim that crystal clarity like me Dubbya Bro @MitchBastard Mitchie but the "Larger" is still a lovely refreshing drop and has cleared up from earlier with time in the cold keggler.  Bit hard to keep condensation off the glass with more rain this summer 🥳

image.thumb.png.8fd0e63a7fb422190c702c68e0657041.png

That's gassed up beautiful IP. I Reckon that glass of beautiful looking beer would last me one second flat. What Gladfield malt did you use??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I reckon our Mitchie mate filters his in the big filter at work after hours ha ha. 😉   I have one of the KK filters and have only done ales with it and it works a treat but not as clear as Mitchies lager.  I did a True Blue Pale Ale via the filter and was hoping to make it last at least 4 weeks in the keg to see if it cleared up a bit more but alas some bugger drank it all too soon ha ha.😂

Yours look superb IP so I would not be knocking that beer, nothing wrong with were its at. 👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

That's gassed up beautiful IP. I Reckon that glass of beautiful looking beer would last me one second flat. What Gladfield malt did you use??

Glad Pilsner Malt and a Dash of Glad Wheaties ; )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Cheers mate. I love a clear beer so I’m not going to deny the fact all my lagers get filtered 😂

Mitch do you pressure ferment your lagers? 

I find now with the 58 L Kegmenter mine are usually slightly carbed and foam up too much when I try to filter them into the keg.  I might have to de-gas the Kegmenter overnight then keg via the filter next time as I find the filter induces a lot of foam in the transfer.

• Like 1

Well I am back, this morning I set up the computer to get back in to the forum & try out IP's new beaut new thread & post a few photos of this afternoons activities.

A mate of mine a self employed successful landscaper has just bought & installed a  Kegerator X & done a few modifications. You can see he has gone to a lot of effort to blend it into his already impressive bar set-up. It really is an awesome sight & drinking experience, there were of & on about 25 of us there today & the second Cornelious of Carlton Draught was connected.

A truly great day with home made sausage rolls, wood fired pizza finishing of with the best blended cider I have ever tasted with hints of banana & pineapple. Yum !!

Cheers Phil.

20220103_160103.jpg

20220103_160125.jpg

20220103_160149.jpg

20220103_160503.jpg

20220103_160511.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I have provided %s for the malt as it depends on the efficiency of your system and how full bodied and high you want things in ABV... but this should give you some idea @kmar92 KMar : )

And then it was just also a bit of inspiration from @stquinto Sainter's book recipe which was I think largely Maris Otter with a bit of Medium X or so... from vague memory 😋

image.thumb.png.614a0a801fc363a0cdc61141169d43ef.png

@kmar92 mate, this is the version I did from a CAMRA book I have (seems to be out of print, maybe you can find a second hand version). Below that is a screen hot from their website.

I followed the recipe from the book but upped the hop count as I have found the book's hop suggestions too low. I used Marris Otter as the main grain. 

My brew notes are also below. I brewed on 7/11 and bottled on 21/11.

recipe_old_peculier.thumb.jpg.3168dfd6e53e2789e04fdc9f843b9eb7.jpgimage.thumb.png.6a2436cff72d0d72d6801a19ba518e40.png

recipe_camra.jpg

old_perceulier brewing notes.JPG

Edited by stquinto
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A mate of mine a self employed successful landscaper has just bought & installed a  Kegerator X & done a few modifications. You can see he has gone to a lot of effort to blend it into his already impressive bar set-up. It really is an awesome sight & drinking experience, there were of & on about 25 of us there today & the second Cornelious of Carlton Draught was connected.

@Classic Brewing Co mate that looks like a beaut of a setup 👌

Enjoy 👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

@kmar92 mate, this is the version I did from a CAMRA book I have (seems to be out of print, maybe you can find a second hand version). Below that is a screen hot from their website.

I followed the recipe from the book but upped the hop count as I have found the book's hop suggestions too low. I used Marris Otter as the main grain. 

My brew notes are also below.

recipe_old_peculier.thumb.jpg.3168dfd6e53e2789e04fdc9f843b9eb7.jpgimage.thumb.png.6a2436cff72d0d72d6801a19ba518e40.png

recipe_camra.jpg

old_perceulier brewing notes.JPG

Thanks @stquinto, much appreciated I will definitely try this after our summer. I may use a different yeast though, not a fan of S-04.

• Like 2