Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

17 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Dunno whether it is the ambient light or what but  Paleoboi that looks like a Brown Ale @pale man

And a very taschty one at that!

Ive just changed the tap name to Unintentional Porter 😁

Its still delicious, and maybe an accidental find. But its not a stout. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

it is pretty decent in-keg clarifications - but did not cold crash post-ferment nor do any clarifying fish guts poly pipe or cows's hooves and all my beers have wheat or rye or both... maybe a bit of chill haze - they been in the keg for a while - but are deffo not crystal clear...  so I guess if I wanna get perfect crystal clear I either hafta do the cold-crash super-flocc or do hyper-SS-filter-filtration thing or just cop it that my beer is very fkkkn delisch but marginally cloudy? 

Maybe that is the cost of AG excellence? or just poor disgraceful lack of attention in modern brewing ? 😖

image.thumb.png.22242ddd923bd70e137c7eb662c50363.png

Your beers always look perfect to me, and i'd imagine taste that way. Dont change anything you do my man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Your beers always look perfect to me, and i'd imagine taste that way. Dont change anything you do my man.

I totally concur, who really cares about clear beer, it's taste & the enjoyment of having brewed it yourself. 

For those that CC, that's OK but I couldn't do it now anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I cold crash but only for my own reasons. Not for clear beer. Its so easier for kegging. Beer really does absorb C02 faster. And doesn't foam when you transfer.

When i bottled i didnt know what cold crashing meant. Its nice to have a clear beer, but only matters if its to the style like a Pilsner or a Lager, and the malts you use lend to being clear anyway with the final product.

If you really want a clear beer to impress the Queen when she visits, there are steps you can take, but in my opinion introduces oxygen.

I understand but I suppose I didn't make it clear, ( pardon the pun 🤣 ) as I have given up my old brew fridge for a keg fridge I have to see if one of my others will accommodate a temp control/belt set up.

• Haha 3

German Kolsch pretty happy with it, been in the keg about 5 days. Hopped with Hallertau Mittlefruh and Koln yeast. Not real clear yet fined with gelatin but only gave it a day or so cold crash in the fermenter couldn’t wait! Tastes really fresh!

CCF0E17D-ADAB-46B0-BC57-6750FA025B5A.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

my beer is very fkkkn delisch but marginally cloudy?

🙂

go with that one. Be interesting the see the last few pours

11 hours ago, Pale Man said:

The colour isnt winning me over, i wanted more sump oil look. Midnight Oil.

I see what you are saying there, looks more dark brown hey?! Roast barley works well, something 1300 ebc or whatever.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Old Perc

Yumbo Scrumbo @stquinto Sainter ; )

And love the most appropriate various drinking paraphernalia plus the festive 'Land of Pom' Flag bottlie-topper what a cracker Woohoo nice work mate : )

Looks like Spring got into gear over there too 😋

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, interceptor said:

I see what you are saying there, looks more dark brown hey?! Roast barley works well, something 1300 ebc or whatever.

@interceptor Agree with Ceptor @Pale Man Paleo - crank up the Roasted Barley and you'll darken the brew up quite quickly... I also use Chocolate Malt and Carafa III... but it does depend on what you are chasing... it will be a lovely beer come what may... exhibits a really lovely fine bubble structure 👍

• Like 2

Second glass of my Fruit Bomb Triple IPA.

The first glass was after fast carbing at 40psi for 24 hours in the keg.  My tasting notes on that glass:

• Pineapple and grapefruit aromas plus tropical notes
  • Quite bitter on first sip, that subsides as you get used to it
  • Alcohol warming, with a bit of burn, but some "sherry" type of boozy flavour
  • Fruity flavours in the background.  May develop with time

This second glass is after a week in the keg and is much better

• Kaleidoscope of tropical fruit aromas
  • High bitterness in keeping with IIIPA
  • Multifaceted flavours, very rich.  More danky hop flavours than fruity flavours, but there is certainly fruitiness there.
  • The alcohol boozy flavour has dissipated.  But the 11% gives you a warming sensation in the belly.
  • Definitely not a session beer, unless you are after a short session.

IMG_2998.JPG.a2cc6b673371837a3223e684f5e4ae14.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Second glass of my Fruit Bomb Triple IPA.

The first glass was after fast carbing at 40psi for 24 hours in the keg.  My tasting notes on that glass:

• Pineapple and grapefruit aromas plus tropical notes
  • Quite bitter on first sip, that subsides as you get used to it
  • Alcohol warming, with a bit of burn, but some "sherry" type of boozy flavour
  • Fruity flavours in the background.  May develop with time

This second glass is after a week in the keg and is much better

• Kaleidoscope of tropical fruit aromas
  • High bitterness in keeping with IIIPA
  • Multifaceted flavours, very rich.  More danky hop flavours than fruity flavours, but there is certainly fruitiness there.
  • The alcohol boozy flavour has dissipated.  But the 11% gives you a warming sensation in the belly.
  • Definitely not a session beer, unless you are after a short session.

IMG_2998.JPG.a2cc6b673371837a3223e684f5e4ae14.JPG

It looks absolutely great Shamus IMO there is nothing better than the solid creamy head that CO2 produces, even my Real Ale in the keg has similar lines albeit a k & K version. I look forward to future AG beers in the keg(s).

• Like 2

Tasted the Code Breaker IPA this morning, after 12 hours at 40psi.  Slightly over-carbonated. 

I used a Keg King Quickie and a small length of tube to serve this beer.  The Quickie is such a handy piece of kit.  I also use it to get SG samples out of pressure fermenters.  So easy to use and clean - just a rinse under hot water.  Previously, I used a picnic tap on some beer line with a disconnect.  Much more fiddly to clean.

image.png.bdf053dab0120098991f7660b32f3be0.png

Now the beer:

• Beer-y and stewed fruit (plum and apricot) aromas.
  • Nice IPA level of bitterness
  • Strong flavour that lingers for ages
  • Good example of an IPA, the Mr Beer Long Play IPA is a really good base for this brew.
  • 7/10

IMG_3001.JPG.73f4ab17c60268e78228eabbf0b5c86a.JPG

• Like 9

Few new beers for me tonight. All pretty much the run of the mill beers, nice but very generic. The River city pils dry hopped with citra is very clean but tastes like 2 styles mixed, needs more bitterness....not a huge fan unfortunately, still, what a good night trying some new beers to me.

Just about to the Daintons cherrywood. will report back soon.

Cheers all

20220604_155431.jpg

20220604_163414.jpg

20220604_172515.jpg

20220604_182728.jpg

20220604_182745.jpg

20220604_190117.jpg

20220603_165959.jpg

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Few new beers for me tonight. All pretty much the run of the mill beers, nice but very generic. The River city pils dry hopped with citra is very clean but tastes like 2 styles mixed, needs more bitterness....not a huge fan unfortunately, still, what a good night trying some new beers to me.

Cheers all

20220604_155431.jpg

20220604_163414.jpg

20220604_172515.jpg

20220604_182728.jpg

20220604_182745.jpg

20220604_190117.jpg

20220603_165959.jpg

Tasty looking brews Hoppy. The first IPA looks fantastic. Not sure about Citra dry hop in a pils.  As u say 2 styles, sounds conflicting 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Cheers all

20220604_155431.jpg

20220604_163414.jpg

20220604_172515.jpg

20220604_182728.jpg

20220604_182745.jpg

20220604_190117.jpg

20220603_165959.jpg

Most of Felons’ beers are so so, but I had a few of that Hazy Pale when in Brisbane for work last month and it’s pretty good. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, stquinto said:

Can’t remember if this thread is for commercial beers or home brew. Anyway, a few schooners / pints of Real IPA to go till the end of this keg

Looks very taschty @stquinto Sainter and yes mate this is the thread set up for 2022 SBE....

aka Self Brewed Excellence ; )

But if a few OCPs (Other Commercial People's) turn up ah well... we'll all cope...

But in the main the OCPs are more so on the "Today's Tastings" thread...

Just for a bit of clarification from time to time but whatever... 🥳

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1