Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

4 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Thanks Shamus, I might give it a try ( it's definatly in the cue of recipes I have to try, there are sooo many beers to brew and so little time). Will it be a big bubbler (high krausen) as I only have a 25l FV.

It will have a high Krausen.  See the photo below.  I did a 21.5 litre batch.  The Krausen rose to the underside of the Coopers FV's lid.  You can see gunk on the inside of the lid, plus up the sides of the FV.

By the way ABV's, if bottle priming:

• 19 litres = 8.9%
  • 20 litres = 8.4%
  • 21 litres = 8.1%
  • 22 litres = 7.7%
  • 23 litres = 7.4%

IMG_2912.JPG.dead68f72bf764a74c26104db1e13fb9.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Took the dog for a big walk this morning and relaxing now watching the Eagles with an Idaho7 IPA which has been in the keg for over two months and has really turned into a nicely balanced beer. It’s been nice all the way and held it’s hop character🍻 

D361B04B-7E0D-4B7F-94CC-0A99F66FF928.jpeg

• Like 11

I haven't poured one of these in a long time.  I spotted a suspicious looking bottle in the batch with that tell-tale ring of bubbles/foam forming at the surface of the beer.  It's usually a sign there's a small leak - perhaps in the PET bottle lid or,  alternatively a fermentation is taking place in the bottle.  Clearly it was the latter!   So, looks like this one was contaminated, however the beer itself actually tastes perfectly fine and appears to be completely unaffected (flavour-wise) by what ever caused this tertiary fermentation to take place.   

It's a Golden ale using 3 NZ hops - Waimea, Wakatu and Wai-iti.  It exhibits a slight haze probably due to the small amount of wheat used in the recipe.  Not a bad swill, but totally unsuited to the chillly days we've suddenly been assaulted with!  🥶  Next brew is going to be a porter!  

IMG_20220523_163736.jpg

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

I haven't poured one of these in a long time.  I spotted a suspicious looking bottle in the batch with that tell-tale ring of bubbles/foam forming at the surface of the beer.  It's usually a sign there's a small leak - perhaps in the PET bottle lid or,  alternatively a fermentation is taking place in the bottle.  Clearly it was the latter!   So, looks like this one was contaminated, however the beer itself actually tastes perfectly fine and appears to be completely unaffected (flavour-wise) by what ever caused this tertiary fermentation to take place.   

It's a Golden ale using 3 NZ hops - Waimea, Wakatu and Wai-iti.  It exhibits a slight haze probably due to the small amount of wheat used in the recipe.  Not a bad swill, but totally unsuited to the chillly days we've suddenly been assaulted with!  🥶  Next brew is going to be a porter!  

Nice head BS 🤣 I also like a Porter, I have a Stout to bottle but I wouldn't mind trying one of those.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am really enjoying this, my first ever AG Brew - American Pale Ale, the whole thing is a bit more complex, really nice to drink !!

I may have a couple more before I have one out of the tap 😎 Cheers.

1906926559_AGAPA23052022.thumb.jpg.ed9f2158aacb78437483b7aca9c072c9.jpg

Really looks the part fella, made me thirsty 😛

• Like 2

Beer style = Neipa
Beer Name  = Juice Bigalow  (grain kit)
ABV =  6.3%
brewed in the BZ 35 Gen4

I was fortunate to have this beer gifted to me By  Pierre from  Simple Home Brew  (you tube)

I love a good NEIPA on the odd occasion and this grain kit is worth purchasing

the mosiac hops and the citra blend so well   in this beer with a total of 200 grams of mosaic and 100 grams of citra

80°c hpstand of 100 grams mosaic for 20 minutes
 dry hopped 100  of citra for 2 days
dry hoped another 100 grams of mosaic

the beer is full of juiciness with a great fruity aroma   that brings a nice smooth mouthfeel and not overly bitter 
@ 6.3%  abv its not beer you want a great session on unless you want to get drunk

this beer was done using a NEIPA profile that is used on the kegland rapt temp controller with the rapt Pill
withe lallamend New England IPA yeast  just using 1 packet

beer started at 1.061 and finished at 1.013

This grain kit is a ripper

20220523_162113.thumb.jpg.b9f8fc013b517fc6e5e4e76f9502b062.jpg

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Beer style = Neipa
Beer Name  = Juice Bigalow  (grain kit)
ABV =  6.3%
brewed in the BZ 35 Gen4

I was fortunate to have this beer gifted to me By  Pierre from  Simple Home Brew  (you tube)

I love a good NEIPA on the odd occasion and this grain kit is worth purchasing

the mosiac hops and the citra blend so well   in this beer with a total of 200 grams of mosaic and 100 grams of citra

80°c hpstand of 100 grams mosaic for 20 minutes
 dry hopped 100  of citra for 2 days
dry hoped another 100 grams of mosaic

the beer is full of juiciness with a great fruity aroma   that brings a nice smooth mouthfeel and not overly bitter 
@ 6.3%  abv its not beer you want a great session on unless you want to get drunk

this beer was done using a NEIPA profile that is used on the kegland rapt temp controller with the rapt Pill
withe lallamend New England IPA yeast  just using 1 packet

beer started at 1.061 and finished at 1.013

This grain kit is a ripper

20220523_162113.thumb.jpg.b9f8fc013b517fc6e5e4e76f9502b062.jpg

Sounds lovely OD, is that the Kegland kit??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

yes it is mate ,  only brew this   if you can do closed transfer  as you would be aware neipas are prone to oxygen

Yeah definitely. I'm thinking of putting something similar together.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I had to buy a can to see how my ROTM version compares to the original. priming for two weeks it is a really enjoyable beer, I am very happy with it, but the original is on a different level, what a great beer

Looks really good mate, well done. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yep I know it, but it's not that far from my place 🤣 only 419 kms.

download.thumb.jpg.88db04b16afa156817630b7cfbcff50e.jpg

asked the boss if i could swing by Phils Bar and grill   in glenelg area,  the boss said if you go there dont expect to be working for me again 

i said its only up the road boss

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

asked the boss if i could swing by Phils Bar and grill   in glenelg area,  the boss said if you go there dont expect to be working for me again 

i said its only up the road boss

Pity that, I could have baked a cake 🤣 I feel that is a bit harsh, tell him he needs to lighten up & be more flexible 🤭 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, DavidM said:

Coopers Brew A

Only three left, 60 days in the bottle, I'm sure that's a record for Me. Woolies Lager on the right.

20220523_160429.thumb.jpg.552c7c773d7b43a35f935737165c21f0.jpg

DM, you have upped the anti. Found a post and some magical light and bang there it is. Well done, take the rest of the day off. 😂

• Haha 4