Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

I love a Stout as well but going through my old stocks I found a long neck of Blushing Blonde, a Cooper's Canadian Blonde with some Raspberry. Not a bad drop and a great colour. ABV 5%. After opening the bottle I always wait some 10 minutes for the carbonation to mellow down. I find all my brews with Canadian Blonde cans very fine fizzy with a bitter unpleasant aftertaste on the back of my tongue and gum. IMG_2568.thumb.jpeg.d50e17c11741924d4b5da8d8a0829523.jpeg

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well here's mine - 15 days in the bottle, I am happy but as we know it will get better each day, it has no real chance of ageing has it 😬

14c at the Bay so I will have a couple & let them age until tomorrow. 🤣

20220610_155101.jpg

20220610_155306.jpg

I feel like i need to be there right now. 4 hour drive Phillip. Ill see ya at 20:30 hours tonight.

• Haha 3

Wife is having the Raspberry Sour, this beer is also very drinkable I was unsure how it would go in a session but I tried it out on Saturday and it went down very well too well🤣

096BA8D7-F181-4540-8E1F-0CE812F783DB.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

First taste of AG #2 SPARKLING ALE - recipe by @Itinerant Peasant

Take a bow mate, this tastes superb, it actually tastes like Coopers Sparkling Ale. You steered me in the right direction with this one.

I fell short with my volume as at that time I was struggling with the BrewFather app & my boil had more action going than Niagara Falls but I have a full flavoured ale with a higher ABV.

Thanks again for your help IP, I am enjoying this one.

SECOND AG BREW SPARKLING ALE 11 06 2022.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

First taste of AG #2 SPARKLING ALE - recipe by @Itinerant Peasant

Take a bow mate, this tastes superb, it actually tastes like Coopers Sparkling Ale. You steered me in the right direction with this one.

I fell short with my volume as at that time I was struggling with the BrewFather app & my boil had more action going than Niagara Falls but I have a full flavoured ale with a higher ABV.

Thanks again for your help IP, I am enjoying this one.

SECOND AG BREW SPARKLING ALE 11 06 2022.jpg

Recipe 😄

44 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

tastes like Coopers Sparkling Ale.

Hopefully the similarity is just the malt and maybe hops @Classic Brewing Co Phil -and maybe the ABV 😆- as from memory it was not with the Coops Sparkling Yeast which does throw its own specific remarkable nuance to the Red Label Brew.... but it does sound like you're happy with it which is great 👍

And it does appear to display a lovely creamy top with small bubbles which usually means good things as well ; )

Well done mate!!

25 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Recipe 😄

@Pale Man Paleo - am sure @Classic Brewing Co Phil can provide recipe - but from memory it was nothing terribly complex... AG good practices and good AG ingredients just seem to deliver consistently pretty good brews it seems...

Well as does good Coopers KnK and Coopers commercial beers ; )

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

You want it ? I can send or post whichever you prefer.

Yes please, i'm about to do another Sparkling Ale, would like your recipe so i can compare and adjust if i need to. Post if its no secret.

Just now, Pale Man said:

Yes please, i'm about to do another Sparkling Ale, would like your recipe so i can compare and adjust if i need to. Post if its no secret.

OK I will, I will have to get permission from the King of the Mountain first but if I catch him on a good moment it should be OK 🤣

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Here it is mate.

East Kent Goldings Hops Pellets 100gm   EKG100 1              

Joe White Wheat Malt 2.3 °EBC BBWHEAT            0.7          

Weyermann® Carapils Malt 6°EBC             WEYCARAPILS    0.3          

Coopers Pilsner/Pale Malt            COOPPIL              4.5

Nottingham 

• Thanks 1