Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

How would you explain the difference Classic?

Well for one it has more body, no homebrew twang, no tell-tale sugary taste, better head retention & much more enjoyable to drink.

We all know we can make better than megaswill but there a still a few pubs that deliver a nice beer.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well for one it has more body, no homebrew twang, no tell-tale sugary taste, better head retention & much more enjoyable to drink.

We all know we can make better than megaswill but there a still a few pubs that deliver a nice beer.

I found a good all grain is so much fresher tasting than a good kit and kilo, having said that ive banged out a couple of rubbish all grains too. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

I found a good all grain is so much fresher tasting than a good kit and kilo, having said that ive banged out a couple of rubbish all grains too. 

Yeah I know what you mean, I am only a newcomer to AG but even a couple of mates commented on the difference in the all over beer taste but you still have to get things right, I have been fortunate & have had some pretty good first hand advice by people who know what they are doing, it helps tremendously.

• Like 4

I thought I would sneak in on this thread because we are drinking, my lovely next door neighbours  Paul & Liz came over for a drink at Phil's Bar & Grill.

It is a fairly regular occurrence & I am often asked to go next door to their house. My point is how good is it to have good neighbours, even the from across the road call in so it makes life a pleasure. 

20220524_182512.jpg

20220524_182601.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I thought I would sneak in on this thread because we are drinking, my lovely next door neighbours  Paul & Liz came over for a drink at Phil's Bar & Grill.

It is a fairly regular occurrence & I am often asked to go next door to their house. My point is how good is it to have good neighbours, even the from across the road call in so it makes life a pleasure. 

20220524_182512.jpg

20220524_182601.jpg

Lovely Phil 

• Like 2

COOPERS REAL ALE

I have this in the keg ATM & of course there were a few bottles left including a 2L Growler, it's hard to describe the different taste, not much real ( pardon the pun ) difference but the kegged version delivers much more punch & of course more foam, nevertheless I am not disappointed in it. This will always have a place in my list of preferred 'stock' beers. I might add the hops come through a little more pronounced from the keg.

828948911_COOPERSREALALE25052022.thumb.jpg.5917ce47daf083994eb74074b3e9b60f.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Well I feel I should issue a warning to all those that are considering making the move to kegging ...

( as OD has mentioned I have only been doing it for two minutes )

@Aussiekraut made a valid remark " you can't see the butcher's bill, " so consumption is a little unknown as opposed to looking at the empties on the sink. I think I have this under control 🤭 but I am still experimenting with the flow control on the Nukatap, I just turned it back a bit so a little less heady.

It is though a wonderful experience to be able to pour a beer whenever you want.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/23/2022 at 6:22 PM, DavidM said:

Coopers Brew A

Only three left, 60 days in the bottle, I'm sure that's a record for Me. Woolies Lager on the right.

20220523_160429.thumb.jpg.552c7c773d7b43a35f935737165c21f0.jpg

I'm going through some Brew A's at the moment. It's an excellent kit beer. I just make it with a 1.5kg tin of liq light malt and find it doesn't need anything more than that. Beautiful.

• Like 5

Side-By-Side Taste Test

Modus Operandi Former Tenant Red IPA. Click on the link for my recipe.

Both beers have a very similar aroma.  Theirs has a bit more caramel.  Mine is a bit more fruity.

Flavour-wise, theirs has a smooth sweetness with a subtle bitterness.  Mine has similar flavours, but with a fair bit more bitterness.

Gee, do I call them the same beer or a different beer?  Not enough to call them the same beer and not enough to call them different.

This is my second attempt at this beer.  The first version seemed closer (but I did not do a side-by-side test).  At the time, I also thought the first one was not bitter enough.  With the second version, I consciously took longer with the bittering additions.  However, I might have gone a bit too far with it.  Still, both great beers.

IMG_2994.JPG.7cf3da15638c823eeaf9d99303fd850a.JPG

• Like 14

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Side-By-Side Taste Test

Well Shamus IMO yours looks better, your tasting notes indicate it must be a pretty good beer. I had never heard of them before your previous posts & I checked out their website, they have one of the largest ranges of beers I have ever seen.

I might try a few of them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Side-By-Side Taste Test

Modus Operandi Former Tenant Red IPA. Click on the link for my recipe.

look at this way,  its your take on that beer   

looking at them from your photo   without tasting you would say you have the colour and clarity of the beer great.
you cant pick the difference there 

you have a nice head going on yours but i suspect that is  becuase the real mcoy was poured 1st and at different  pour speed then the beer you poured

over all it looks a very tasty beer  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1