Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

Woodforde’s Bure Gold Golden Ale          ABV 4.7%.                                                          
Turned out very nice, easy drinking, great mouthfeel, fruity and not bitter.  Would love to try one day the origE2EC9E03-412D-4F67-930F-3113B31C91AA.thumb.jpeg.5eddfcc42554b0b4823a81c8f88336a6.jpeginal 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Amarillo Pale Ale.

Fairly subtle aromas of melon and apricot.

Nice malty flavour.  Good bitterness.  Slight tropical fruit flavour.  Good value pale ale.

IMG_2996.JPG.76d40c57cc82e1c96aa7885060f3bf4f.JPG

Looks fruity Shamer I have yet to try Amarillo but heard good things

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 9:43 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Side-By-Side Taste Test

Modus Operandi Former Tenant Red IPA. Click on the link for my recipe.

Both beers have a very similar aroma.  Theirs has a bit more caramel.  Mine is a bit more fruity.

Flavour-wise, theirs has a smooth sweetness with a subtle bitterness.  Mine has similar flavours, but with a fair bit more bitterness.

Gee, do I call them the same beer or a different beer?  Not enough to call them the same beer and not enough to call them different.

This is my second attempt at this beer.  The first version seemed closer (but I did not do a side-by-side test).  At the time, I also thought the first one was not bitter enough.  With the second version, I consciously took longer with the bittering additions.  However, I might have gone a bit too far with it.  Still, both great beers.

IMG_2994.JPG.7cf3da15638c823eeaf9d99303fd850a.JPG

Big shoes to fill on that one mate. FT is one of my fav beers by a bigger brewery. Looks and sounds like you’ve nailed it. Id probably lean towards yours being better. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Munich Dunkel really nice and clean with a touch of roast. Big fan of the WLB’s South German lager yeast produced a really nice clean clear beer. Same with the KB lager I made with the same yeast. Good call @Greenyinthewestofsydney

5A73E2EE-C457-4850-B703-C491CA6CDB53.jpeg

Yeah love that yeast. Fastest lager yeast I have seen too. Must make another KB shortly. It's an easy drinker

• Like 3

IP Brewing's Sunday Arvo Session Servings:

1. PAA - Peasant Autumn Alt - side by side w a Webba (web photo) Düsseldorfer Altbier - so in the vague ballpark maybe re colour... flavour - definitely toffee caramelised butter ish tones on mine - Webba says toasted malty flavours clean and crisp.

Maybe am a bit too malty this time and need to add more water ; ) 

Sooo.... it looks and tastes ok - maybe a bit hazy but due to other kegs taking up the brewfridge there was no cold crashing this baby - anyway it'll hafta do:

Cheers Brewers!

Time to move on to another Beer ; )

image.thumb.png.906d3b7dfee8bfd3945555203d80b151.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Yeah love that yeast. Fastest lager yeast I have seen too. Must make another KB shortly. It's an easy drinker

Yes mate the KB is awesome such a nice beer really what I would of expected back in the 70/80’s I am planning another batch soon!

9 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Big shoes to fill on that one mate. FT is one of my fav beers by a bigger brewery. Looks and sounds like you’ve nailed it. Id probably lean towards yours being better. 

Thanks Mitch. I cannot take all the credit though, the recipe started with Pig Den Brewing's recipe on Brewfather. My first version was closer, but I do prefer this latest version because it is more bitter.

• Like 2

Just about all gooooooone... the IP Mountain Stout on Nitro... good to the last drop ; )

image.thumb.png.f8751062fbadeb74b6e34e8afc9426b6.png

Was kegged August-Sep last year 2021 so has had a good time in the keg to think through the troublesome issues at hand and come up with some very good blended and creamy solutions to the problems of the world ; )

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Just about all gooooooone... the IP Mountain Stout on Nitro... good to the last drop ; )

image.thumb.png.f8751062fbadeb74b6e34e8afc9426b6.png

Was kegged August-Sep last year 2021 so has had a good time in the keg to think through the troublesome issues at hand and come up with some very good blended and creamy solutions to the problems of the world ; )

Been a beauty to witness IP mate such a smooth looking beer could pass as a guiness. How would u compare it to a Guiness? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1