Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

house stout

Looks the absolute goods @kmar92 KMar mate - really lovely.

It's funny you know cos the Nitro Stout thing is great - but I believe that lovely creamy topped full bodied CO2 driven Stout like yours mate - is equally as good... they are just different.

And I cannot claim to be good at the taste-description-thing with beer... but I sorta reckon that if you move from CO2 to Nitro - you actually 'dumb-down' the beer flavours somewhat... and it becomes more of a texture-driven tasting experience with the flavour aroma profile somewhat secondary. 

Anyway - happy to stand corrected...

But at the end of the day - for mine - the different Gas-on-ups provide just a different Beer experience and BOTH are really good when the underlying Brew is a reasonable drop ; )

And yours looks deelishhhh : )

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Looks the absolute goods @kmar92 KMar mate - really lovely.

It's funny you know cos the Nitro Stout thing is great - but I believe that lovely creamy topped full bodied CO2 driven Stout like yours mate - is equally as good... they are just different.

And I cannot claim to be good at the taste-description-thing with beer... but I sorta reckon that if you move from CO2 to Nitro - you actually 'dumb-down' the beer flavours somewhat... and it becomes more of a texture-driven tasting experience with the flavour aroma profile somewhat secondary. 

Anyway - happy to stand corrected...

But at the end of the day - for mine - the different Gas-on-ups provide just a different Beer experience and BOTH are really good when the underlying Brew is a reasonable drop ; )

And yours looks deelishhhh : )

I am sure that this stout would benefit from the nitro @Itinerant Peasant but running a CO2 outfit is enough for me at present.

• Like 1

Munich Lager (Münchner Helles) w Dubbya.

Pretty much Rainwater, Lager Malt and bit of Wheat Malt and HT Mitt Hoppage.

In keg since March - didn't do much of a decent job on cold-crash or clarifying  so is a little unclear (bit like meself most of the time).

But creamy and well rounded and just quite taschty.  Colour a bit like K2 but rest assured that Lally K yeast throws quite a different profile to Dubbya which is very 'clean' and lets malt and hops shine : )

(and yeah bubbles stuck to side of glass may indicate I need to improve my glass washing...)

Cheers Brewers and have a good weekend! 🥳

image.thumb.png.bb63b7a92fafff2cca3529162f716e94.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah I can, what's the deal ??

Just was wondering whether you could see it Phil @classic - looks very much like a Computer Robot Posting - otherwise known as a 'Bot'  - with scammers and interruptors on the web sending out bogus postings - so I have reported it to @Coopers DIY Beer Team Frank et al and was just wondering whether you had seen it - and would be good to report it to Frank as well if you can see it as it is just highly disruptive to our normal community discussions...  Just would be good to nip it in the bud.

Cheers mate 

IP

1 minute ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Just was wondering whether you could see it Phil @classic - looks very much like a Computer Robot Posting - otherwise known as a 'Bot'  - with scammers and interruptors on the web sending out bogus postings - so I have reported it to @Coopers DIY Beer Team Frank et al and was just wondering whether you had seen it - and would be good to report it to Frank as well if you can see it as it is just highly disruptive to our normal community discussions...  Just would be good to nip it in the bud.

Cheers mate 

IP

Yeah I know what Bot is all about.

• Thanks 1

Poured a tester from the Fermzilla of my stout. Nice, good honest roasty and choc taste. I hope it continues on its tasty journey as it ages. I love the one addition at 60 minutes of super pride. It gives a perfect bitterness and lets the malts come through. 

20220603_163700.jpg

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Poured a tester from the Fermzilla of my stout. Nice, good honest roasty and choc taste. I hope it continues on its tasty journey as it ages. I love the one addition at 60 minutes of super pride. It gives a perfect bitterness and lets the malts come through. 

Looks like you are on a winner PM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@Coopers DIY Beer Team Frank and Team - I think we got a live Bot around here - see the above things from some bogus Ellerslie licker - not good... and feral english to boot...

@Classic Brewing Co Phil - can you see that feral posting above?

contact@ellerslieliquorcentre.co.nz hit them with spam everyone

I have just emailed and asked why they are spamming us

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, interceptor said:

Stout needs nothing more than a good smashing bittering hop

I went 40 ibu's with this one, thought it might go overboard. But perfectly balanced. 

I cant wait until it all rounds off, i'm not liking the chances of very long in the keg though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, interceptor said:

keg cold crash not working?

it is pretty decent in-keg clarifications - but did not cold crash post-ferment nor do any clarifying fish guts poly pipe or cows's hooves and all my beers have wheat or rye or both... maybe a bit of chill haze - they been in the keg for a while - but are deffo not crystal clear...  so I guess if I wanna get perfect crystal clear I either hafta do the cold-crash super-flocc or do hyper-SS-filter-filtration thing or just cop it that my beer is very fkkkn delisch but marginally cloudy? 

Maybe that is the cost of AG excellence? or just poor disgraceful lack of attention in modern brewing ? 😖

image.thumb.png.22242ddd923bd70e137c7eb662c50363.png

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

20220603_163700.jpg

The colour isnt winning me over, i wanted more sump oil look. Midnight Oil.

Next time i'll use a stack of eclipse wheat for colour and tone down the dark roast a tiny bit.

Its a work in progress.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Poured a tester from the Fermzilla of my stout

Dunno whether it is the ambient light or what but  Paleoboi that looks like a Brown Ale @pale man

And a very taschty one at that!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Dunno whether it is the ambient light or what but  Paleoboi that looks like a Brown Ale @pale man

And a very taschty one at that!

Yep agreed IP, more like a Porter. It has a stout taste for sure, but not the colour. Its something i can fix. Visual is also a big deal when drinking a beer. I'm not happy with the look of this beer, but stoked with the taste. Its a gutsy Porter if you had to categorise it.

I wanted a stout. But i'll learn from this.

• Like 4