Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

1 hour ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Been a beauty to witness IP mate such a smooth looking beer could pass as a guiness. How would u compare it to a Guiness? 

Mmmm @PintsAtMeLocal Pintster mate that really is quite a good and somewhat difficult question mate - cos there are a few different Guinlesses too - the 4% or so we get over here on tap brewed in Aussie - then there is 6% bottled stuff from Ireland export we get over here in bottles - and I think that with the fear of sounding a bit daft - IP Mountain Stout is a bit more full bodied and more choccy - less dry - and a bit more creamy - maybe a little more like the festive Beamish - but you know as a small batch brewer you can stick in as much malted grain as you like and if you wanted to go commercial you would probs go broke real fast - but there is no doubt that leaving this stuff in the keg cold and under pressure for months really does somehow smooth it all out a bit hard sorta to describe.   But it is steak-in-a-glass so probs good it is running out as I need to drop the kgs rather that beat the live-weight-gain local record ; )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Mmmm @PintsAtMeLocal Pintster mate that really is quite a good and somewhat difficult question mate - cos there are a few different Guinlesses too - the 4% or so we get over here on tap brewed in Aussie - then there is 6% bottled stuff from Ireland export we get over here in bottles - and I think that with the fear of sounding a bit daft - IP Mountain Stout is a bit more full bodied and more choccy - less dry - and a bit more creamy - maybe a little more like the festive Beamish - but you know as a small batch brewer you can stick in as much malted grain as you like and if you wanted to go commercial you would probs go broke real fast - but there is no doubt that leaving this stuff in the keg cold and under pressure for months really does somehow smooth it all out a bit hard sorta to describe.   But it is steak-in-a-glass so probs good it is running out as I need to drop the kgs rather that beat the live-weight-gain local record ; )

Sounds like a phenomenal drop and agree with everything u said mate yeah

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 weeks old tomorrow and not much left IPA with draught 1.7 1kg dme 250g each wheat and crystal malt, 20min 25g centennial boil. 35g centennial dry hop.  Holds a head and a pleasure to drink

IMG_20220530_144134.jpg

IMG_20220530_145040.jpg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

4 weeks old tomorrow and not much left IPA with draught 1.7 1kg dme 250g each wheat and crystal malt, 20min 25g centennial boil. 35g centennial dry hop.  Holds a head and a pleasure to drink

IMG_20220530_144134.jpg

IMG_20220530_145040.jpg

That's a Fine looking beer, Well done!

• Thanks 1

The end is nigh...  this brew has never tasted better so the keg is gunner crash shortly... isn't that the one maxim we agree on - that the best beer out of the keg is the last one?

Sorry about same-old-same-old brew but it is rather taschty and it is a different fencepost 😋

The weather has been outright feral.... so as the festive Oirish taught us... treat with creamy topped Black Brew:

image.thumb.png.08d8e767a5219bcde719c5e06368baac.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, interceptor said:

I think it's somewhere in the middle. When you go WTF did I make?????

Haha Pure Gold 'Ceptor @interceptor that challenging and vexed difficult question is one that I am still yet trying to come to grips with ; )

I shall pop out to the magnificent aged Stout in a minute to top-up and see whether I can find an answer to that : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Itinerant Peasant said:

I shall pop out to the magnificent aged Stout in a minute to top-up and see whether I can find an answer to that : )

Hoppy ones - mid leg for me. Sours, lagers and stouts prbs right near the end

• Like 3

Suspect you are right Ceptor @interceptor but for the time being I am flummoxed, bewildered and perplexed - as this far kennn Stouty-boi keg which is supposed to be emptying - just keeps on pouring!?! 🏴‍☠️

I thought I was doing the good deed in draining the sucker as once I can get it outta there it will be easier to keep the (erstwhile brew-fridge) Fridge door closed...  👍

Seems like the task at hand was in volume larger than I had thought : |

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Suspect you are right Ceptor @interceptor but for the time being I am flummoxed, bewildered and perplexed - as this far kennn Stouty-boi keg which is supposed to be emptying - just keeps on pouring!?! 🏴‍☠️

I thought I was doing the good deed in draining the sucker as once I can get it outta there it will be easier to keep the (erstwhile brew-fridge) Fridge door closed...  👍

Seems like the task at hand was in volume larger than I had thought : |

Come on IP you can handle it, I seem to remember posting a photo of you up ending a keg while standing but I can't find it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just had a visit from @DavidM & we had an APA ( my first AG brew ) he seemed to like it. His is a lovely bloke & welcome anytime. I tried to twist his arm to have one out of the tap but to his credit he declined as he had to drive home, about 1 & half hours.

20220531_164154.thumb.jpg.ca00b0ab6f4d7a5f62050a5f4acb9feb.jpg

Must say Thanks for the beer @Classic Brewing Co

Dropped in at Phil's Bar & Grill, sampled His first All Grain brew, very Nice.

That was One of the better beers I've had, well done.

I'm sure they will only get better, hope to try one again.

But sadly it's a long way home, just shy of 100k, so no hanging about.

Thanks

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Must say Thanks for the beer @Classic Brewing Co

Dropped in at Phil's Bar & Grill, sampled His first All Grain brew, very Nice.

That was One of the better beers I've had, well done.

I'm sure they will only get better, hope to try one again.

But sadly it's a long way home, just shy of 100k, so no hanging about.

Thanks

Hey David, glad to hear you got home safe & thank you for your kind words, I look forward to having a few more 🍻 with you.

It is a great thing catching up with fellow brewers & I have been fortunate to meet & drink with a few, so Phil's Bar & Grill is open to anyone who want's to darken my doorstep.

Just ring the doorbell with your elbow. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Faaarrrrr Outtttt it's frrrrrrreezin 🥶

Tidying up the remnants -  Delish Mtn Stout finally is gone - and now K1 (Kölsch No.1) keg also just blew - means I can repatriate the brew fridge 😋

K1 is gone - long live K2 ; )

This was a backfill brew over the K1 Lally Kölsch Yeast Cake and is less funky than K1 and although both good beers - I do prefer K2 - a magnificent drop.

Noone will likely believe me but honestly on the second shot I had to hurry as I was in danger of the wind blowing me festive tall thin glass off the post-n-rail 😆

image.thumb.png.b4c73ee51f69e81140b16a9e31b7904b.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Faaarrrrr Outtttt it's frrrrrrreezin 🥶

Tidying up the remnants -  Delish Mtn Stout finally is gone - and now K1 (Kölsch No.1) keg also just blew - means I can repatriate the brew fridge 😋

K1 is gone - long live K2 ; )

This was a backfill brew over the K1 Lally Kölsch Yeast Cake and is less funky than K1 and although both good beers - I do prefer K2 - a magnificent drop.

Noone will likely believe me but honestly on the second shot I had to hurry as I was in danger of the wind blowing me festive tall thin glass off the post-n-rail 😆

image.thumb.png.b4c73ee51f69e81140b16a9e31b7904b.png

Your beers always look so well presented, delicious and gassed lovely IP. 

• Haha 1

Just the weather for it, and my house stout is coming along nicely. Some roasty goodness, with an ever so slight hint of chocolate and vanilla. 1 month in the keg, see how long I can resist sampling more, a bit more time and it will be even better.

1998e.jpg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Just the weather for it, and my house stout is coming along nicely. Some roasty goodness, with an ever so slight hint of chocolate and vanilla. 1 month in the keg, see how long I can resist sampling more, a bit more time and it will be even better.

Good luck with that mate, I can see that disappearing fairly quickly, well in my wee house it would. 🤤

• Haha 1