Coopers Community

BREW DAY!! WATCHA’ GOT, EH? 2022

Marty_G

16 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

No worries, I hurt my back a while ago moving kegs around (thinking I’m 20 again) and now I put all means in place for a nice easy lift.

Trolley for moving around and little electric crane for lifting as that’s the only downside to a keezer over a fridge.

‘Next one I make will be a fridge though, purely for access and less grunt. 

Yeah, just lugging kegs into the lager keezer is hard yakka. Crane would he handy 🙂 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I sympathise with you blokes with bad backs, mine is still good, just a dodgy knee but the other day I weakened & bought one of these, with 4 wheels it's great. They are very solid & easy to maneuver, apart from a 23l full FV I stacked 6 cartons of beer on it the day & it works like a treat for only $16.00.

Syneco 580 x 290 x 100mm Movers Dolly 200kg Capacity

Syneco 580 x 290 x 100mm Movers Dolly

This could be handy, $99 is a bit how you going though. 😳😳

7F945078-6B65-4CBA-BB62-83298004F724.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate that's perfect for coming home from the Pub when ya wasted !!

True, pub not far from me but I have one under the house, cheaper & probably better beer. 
Although my local footy club now has 26 Craft Beers on tap, but you pay through the nose. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

True, pub not far from me but I have one under the house, cheaper & probably better beer. 
Although my local footy club now has 26 Craft Beers on tap, but you pay through the nose. 

Yup me too I have a Pub in the house, I can accommodate a dozen people in here if I want to, we had 9 the other night !!

Bugger paying through the nose, just think, all the money we are saving it gives us more to spend on brewing equipment 🤔

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yup me too I have a Pub in the house, I can accommodate a dozen people in here if I want to, we had 9 the other night !!

Bugger paying through the nose, just think, all the money we are saving it gives us more to spend on brewing equipment 🤔

Ha ha love ya work 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Not brew day but the next few brewdays are secured 😀 50kg of goodness delivered right to my doorstep 😀

Look's the biz AK, I have done business with Voyager at Whitton NSW when they were getting there Brewery/Taproom/Restaurant ect built a few years ago, it is a fairly impressive place.

They also gave me a few sample bags of their malt which I used for steeping in k & k brews, nice.

https://whittonmalthouse.com.au/

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

44 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Look's the biz AK, I have done business with Voyager at Whitton NSW when they were getting there Brewery/Taproom/Restaurant ect built a few years ago, it is a fairly impressive place.

They also gave me a few sample bags of their malt which I used for steeping in k & k brews, nice.

https://whittonmalthouse.com.au/

I switched from Maris Otter to Voyager Veloria, because it has similar properties. I can support a local business and since it is a fair bit cheaper, also save money 🙂 

• Like 5

Brew day yesterday.  Batch # 80 AG #39 another single batch of @ozdevil USPA just to use up the last of the hops in the bags I bought for his recipe.  A fresh sachet of US-05 will go in this one.  I do his recipe at just 4.3% so I can have a session on this very tasty drop.  Just finished the last dozen stubbies I brewed of this back in March and sorry to see them go as I have been giving the commercial 150 lashes a nudge lately and wanted something hoppy - similar-ish.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Brew day today.  Batch # 81 AG #40 a double batch (44 L) of Leigh's Lager.  Going to throw 4 x sachets of Diamond Lager yeast at this one when it goes into the big SS Kegmenter.  The Summer Pilsner that is in there at the moment will get kegged this week and that yeast retired.  A good clean out and we will start over all fresh with a LL for October/November drinking.  Probably going to do a dirty batch or two of LL when this one is kegged to get stocks back up to normal pool level. 😁

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 9

Style: Australian Sparkling Ale

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------

Batch Size (fermenter): 21.00 L   
Estimated OG: 1.056 SG
Estimated Color: 5.6 EBC
Estimated IBU: 33.9 IBUs

Ingredients:
------------
Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
2.50 kg          Pale Malt, Galaxy (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC)    Grain         1          50.0 %        1.63 L        
2.50 kg          Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC)           Grain         2          50.0 %        1.63 L        
10.00 g          Super Pride [13.90 %] - Boil 60.0 min            Hop           3          14.9 IBUs     -             
30.00 g          Amarillo [8.90 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min, 9 Hop           4          8.7 IBUs      -             
30.00 g          Nelson Sauvin [10.70 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0  Hop           5          10.4 IBUs     -             

--------------------------------
  • Like 7

I'm going to brew the Coopers Vintage 22, looks a beaut. I have a 15 litre FV  and a 20l Fermzilla with a 3rd generation Coopers Commercial yeast, with an AG Australian Pale Ale in. TRhey'll be finished CC in a few days when I plan to brew.

How much of the trub should you put in the Vintage 22 brew ? All of it or maybe half ? Each collection tends to give me about 3 jam jars worth, two thirds full each time (I leave a bit of beer on top).

Dunno if this should go in the yeast thread, but here it is.

Cheers !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I'm going to brew the Coopers Vintage 22, looks a beaut. I have a 15 litre FV  and a 20l Fermzilla with a 3rd generation Coopers Commercial yeast, with an AG Australian Pale Ale in. TRhey'll be finished CC in a few days when I plan to brew.

How much of the trub should you put in the Vintage 22 brew ? All of it or maybe half ? Each collection tends to give me about 3 jam jars worth, two thirds full each time (I leave a bit of beer on top).

Dunno if this should go in the yeast thread, but here it is.

Cheers !

I usually chuck two jam jars of harvested yeast in - I think they’re about 400ml or so. Works for me…

If it is a particularly high gravity brew (haven’t seen the recipe Sainter) I’d chuck in 3 jars 👍🍻

Cheers back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

I usually chuck two jam jars of harvested yeast in - I think they’re about 400ml or so. Works for me…

If it is a particularly high gravity brew (haven’t seen the recipe Sainter) I’d chuck in 3 jars 👍🍻

Cheers back

Thanks Tone 😉

It's 7.5% so in my book (and a cuppla others here) it's a mid-strength....  I'd even go so far as to say it's a "session Beer" if you only have to crawl into your bed from a short distance afterwards...

Jokes apart, those Vintage Recipes are wonderful. I have some I've kept over a year and they're great, so long as you get the priming sugar right.

I've decided to start using one of those measured spoons - I've been getting quite inconsistant results from dissolving sugar into hot water, cooling it, and syphoning the fermented beer on top of it in a new FV.

And I'll put all of the yeast in: the more the merrier...

• Like 2

G'day girls and guys, I've now got a couple of 25 kg bags Coopers Premium Pale Ale grains as of today so planning on several batches of their original pale ale and sparkling ale recipes in the next few weeks.  The price per bag was a bit high, I thought considering a local malt grain product, $77 including the get stuffed tax.  Anyway tomorrow the brew day will be the first COPA (Coopers Original Pale Ale) AG recipe and I have a starter underway made from 8 stubbies of Coopers Pale Ale.  It should be at high krausen by Friday.

@Aussiekraut the labels are off!

Coopers Premium Pale Malt Bags - resized.png

• Like 10

7 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

G'day girls and guys, I've now got a couple of 25 kg bags Coopers Premium Pale Ale grains as of today so planning on several batches of their original pale ale and sparkling ale recipes in the next few weeks.  The price per bag was a bit high, I thought considering a local malt grain product, $77 including the get stuffed tax.  Anyway tomorrow the brew day will be the first COPA (Coopers Original Pale Ale) AG recipe and I have a starter underway made from 8 stubbies of Coopers Pale Ale.  It should be at high krausen by Friday.

Smart thinking 99 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

That's interesting Al, for there same product there is a place here advertising it for $49.99 but that would not include shipping.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=7b891bcb1f26f90dJmltdHM9MTY2MzExMzYwMCZpZ3VpZD0wODY1OWZjMS04NGM0LTYwZjUtMzQ1MC04ZGRlODVhNDYxOWImaW5zaWQ9NTE4NA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=08659fc1-84c4-60f5-3450-8dde85a4619b&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9zaG9wLnBhcnR5dGhpbmdzLm5ldC5hdS9wcm9kdWN0cy9jb29wZXJzLXNpbmdsZS1vcmlnaW4tcGFsZS1hbGUtbWFsdC1ncmFpbi0yNWtn&ntb=1

This one below is in Adelaide & at $59.00 it would be cheaper for me to go & pick it up.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=d9bd1fe47a1648f4JmltdHM9MTY2MzExMzYwMCZpZ3VpZD0wODY1OWZjMS04NGM0LTYwZjUtMzQ1MC04ZGRlODVhNDYxOWImaW5zaWQ9NTIzMw&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=08659fc1-84c4-60f5-3450-8dde85a4619b&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9zaG9wLmJlZXJiZWxseS5jb20uYXUvY29vcGVycy1hbGUtbWFsdC0yNWtnLWJhZy5odG1s&ntb=1

I can never get enough of Pale/Sparling Ales.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

it's a mid-strength

You made me laugh 😂

I haven’t made those vintage recipes, but I have tried them from coopers. Wasn’t overly sold on it, but that’s just my taste buds probs. Hope yours turns out to be a sensation, no doubt it will ✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

I am just finishing up a 25kg sack at present. Top malt!

• Like 4

On 9/11/2022 at 2:50 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I'm 100 % sure i'll have a beer at Phils bar and grill. Just a matter of when.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am thinking this would be very good, I am going to give it a try.

John Palmer’s Sparkling Ale recipe

Brewed it. Was an absolute favourite with family that dont drink beer. It turned out A1.

I didnt use Voyager though, i used Gladfield Ale Malt from Hoppy.

I recommend you bang the numbers into Brewfather to get the correct IBU's and EBC Phil.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pale Man said:

I'm 100 % sure i'll have a beer at Phils bar and grill. Just a matter of when.

I am not going anywhere mate, you are welcome anytime, just don't bring that other bloke he drinks too much. 🤣

Ok seriously you know I was joking; Hoppy will always be welcome.

So, get your ar... down here & enjoy the sea air & delights from Phil's Bar & Grill AKA Classic Brewing Co.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am not going anywhere mate, you are welcome anytime, just don't bring that other bloke he drinks too much. 🤣

Last time i had beers with him i ended up in the gutter, wallet in the middle of the road.

Its a good thing my better half has lots of patience with me 😂

• Haha 4