Coopers Community

BREW DAY!! WATCHA’ GOT, EH? 2021

Hairy

12 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Struth @Graubart  looks a tad more complicated than my brewing day. Very impressive as usual. Go for it.

Hey there Phil @CLASSIC - just a big SS pot with a SS Mesh Basket... and an inky to control the heating Element - not that complicated mate ; )  Whether you want to use the hop SS mesh basket/"hop spider" or not is another question...  I threw most of the hops in holus bolus after Flame Out (heating and boil stop)...  I mill me own grain but yer can purchase same from LHBS... so not tooooooo complex : )

We'll be getting you and @Red devil 44 Red into AG yet I see 🤔

And I would advocate the SS Nano Pot and Mesh Basket, heating element and Inky Controller... no fancy touchpads like the Grainmother, Badun, and Robosauraus 🙃

But each to their own mate - plenty of festive clever AG Brewers on this site use the more complex modern AG Brewing Systems available... and am thinking that they are probs all up lighter in weight and a bit more space saving... And may also deliver greater efficiency in terms of accessing the malted grain fermentables. 

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Hey there Phil @CLASSIC - just a big SS pot with a SS Mesh Basket... and an inky to control the heating Element - not that complicated mate ; )  Whether you want to use the hop SS mesh basket/"hop spider" or not is another question...  I threw most of the hops in holus bolus after Flame Out (heating and boil stop)...  I mill me own grain but yer can purchase same from LHBS... so not tooooooo complex : )

We'll be getting you and @Red devil 44 Red into AG yet I see 🤔

And I would advocate the SS Nano Pot and Mesh Basket, heating element and Inky Controller... no fancy touchpads like the Grainmother, Badun, and Robosauraus 🙃

But each to their own mate - plenty of festive clever AG Brewers on this site use the more complex modern AG Brewing Systems available... and am thinking that they are probs all up lighter in weight and a bit more space saving... And may also deliver greater efficiency in terms of accessing the malted grain fermentables. 

Howdy Grauber,  I understand what you mean, it probably looks more complicated than it really is, every time I see my mates set up apart from thinking , hell that's a lot of stuff, I also think where would I put it all. I moved into a smaller place 12 months ago as I was working for myself travelling across Australia, due to the wretched Covid-19. I was forced to wind down & find somewhere smaller. It's a great place & I am happy here but I need to be realistic about how much of the house becomes a brewery. ATM I have 4 Fermenters going ( 4 different brews ) & I have been stack piling the precious amber & some dark stuff in the hope of actually trying a batch that has matured for 3-4 months without drinking it all too young.

I am slowly upping my game & leaning towards more advanced methods & adding grain, already add hops so I will keep on banging out kits until something comes along.

Cheers & Happy Brewing. 🍺

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

With my 100th brew day coming up I was hoping for some suggestions?

100ibu IIPA

Centennial ipa

First all grain brew, rebrewed again with how I would brew it now

Open to thoughts 

What are the differences In process? Would you keep the hop schedule the same or adjust? I assume that the 100ibu Centential IPA had a ton at 60 minutes what if you pushed them to flameout?

Tell me if I did not get your question Right.

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

Open to thoughts 

Something like

Recipe: Untitled Recipe 
Style: Double IPA
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------

Batch Size (fermenter): 23.00 L   
Estimated OG: 1.102 SG
Estimated Color: 10.5 EBC
Estimated IBU: 90.4 IBUs  <<< NOT QUITE ENOUGH

Ingredients:
------------
Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
10.00 kg         Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.9 EBC)            Grain         1          100.0 %       6.52 L        
100.00 g         Centennial [10.20 %] - Boil 60.0 min             Hop           2          69.4 IBUs     -             
100.00 g         Centennial [10.20 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min Hop           3          21.0 IBUs     -             
100.00 g         Centennial [10.20 %] - Dry Hop 0.0 Days          Hop           4          0.0 IBUs      -             

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, No Mash Out
Total Grain Weight: 10.00 kg
----------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 2

Easy Drinkin' Lager for the Sooks... well that's the idea anyway 😝 

Weyermann Pilsner & Vienna Schooner and Winter Wheat from Voyager Yeeehaaaa 🥳

image.thumb.png.7177c2bb9d38e4934f253b0ad66618a9.pngHops --> Htau Mittel...

And the ol' faithful Dubbya 34

Cheers Brewskis 😜

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Sourdough I presume oh Grey Bearded One. 🍞  

Too slack my good old Master Chef Phil @CLASSIC 😬

Had one and then did not feed nor use and it went mouldy 😞

So not up to the levels of Sourdough excellence like you and the Master Baker, Brewer and Smallgoods maker @Green Blob Blobber 😋

Probs should try again but am making some nice stuff w dried yeast and long ferments overnight...  👍