Coopers Community

BREW DAY!! WATCHA’ GOT, EH? 2021

Hairy

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah @CLASSIC, I looked at the big one myself ( would of fit in my all fridge ) but thought I would go with the smaller one first.

‘I scored a 500L all fridge which is quiet large inside, old girl down the street had it for sale for $80, so snapped it up a while back. 
Am thinking the SS Kegmenter below will be my next investment, it would fit in my all fridge. 

C9B5DFFB-E813-472A-B82D-A7E9F3BEC4C7.jpeg

Far Out, you got a bargain ! I am going to have to take all of this in & start making decisions about which way I go to do this, I'll call it an upgrade to above Extract Brewing.

Cheers for that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Hey RD,

are you able to tell us the quantities of each of the Cascade and Galaxy hops used in the recipe and how  and when they were introduced. TIA

No worries @Mickep, 12 g Cascade & 2 x 12 g Galaxy, I’m fermenting in my Fermzilla so it will be close to finished by tomorrow night ( 2 1/2 day ferment ).

‘Dry hop through enclosed transfer Monday, I have to fly to a job on Tuesday & will return Friday afternoon, so will CC Friday night & keg next Saturday, Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Red devil 44 said:

No worries @Mickep, 12 g Cascade & 2 x 12 g Galaxy, I’m fermenting in my Fermzilla so it will be close to finished by tomorrow night ( 2 1/2 day ferment ).

‘Dry hop through enclosed transfer Monday, I have to fly to a job on Tuesday & will return Friday afternoon, so will CC Friday night & keg next Saturday, Hope this helps. 

Cheers Red D, just so I'm clear  a late dry hop in the FV (I'm using Coopers FV) of the 3 packs of hops. 36 grams in total ratio 2:1 Cheers mate and thanks for sharing. 

Hefe

2 Kg wheat malt 44%

1 Kg pale ale  22%

1 Kg vienna  22%

.2 Kg melanoidin malt  4%

.25 Kg oats  5%

.08 Kg acid malt  2%

200 g rice hulls

5 g warrior 60 m

35 g saaz 10 m

Mashed @67 60 m then 20m mash out, normally do a step mash but wanted to keep it simple and see if it really matters.

OG 1042    70% Efficiency   IBU 15    Munich classic dry yeast   First time trying this yeast. 😀

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Am thinking the SS Kegmenter below will be my next investment, it would fit in my all fridge. 

I have a 29lt Kegmenter and it is great. The 58 lt is on my shopping list but I am wondering how I will handle it, weight wise.

• Like 1

Recipe: Amber Saison
Brewer: Grumpy
Style: American Amber Ale
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------

Batch Size (fermenter): 21.00 L   
Estimated OG: 1.041 SG
Estimated Color: 30.6 EBC
Estimated IBU: 31.1 IBUs

Ingredients:
------------
Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
2.00 kg          Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.9 EBC)            Grain         1          52.2 %        1.30 L        
1.00 kg          Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC)                  Grain         2          26.1 %        0.65 L        
0.50 kg          Rye Malt (Weyermann) (5.9 EBC)                   Grain         3          13.1 %        0.33 L        
0.30 kg          Caraaroma (Weyermann) (350.7 EBC)                Grain         4          7.8 %         0.20 L        
0.03 kg          Gladfield Roast Barley (1450.0 EBC)              Grain         5          0.8 %         0.02 L        
10.00 g          Hort4337 [9.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min                Hop           6          11.4 IBUs     -             
40.00 g          Kohatu [6.50 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min      Hop           7          9.4 IBUs      -             
30.00 g          Hort4337 [9.50 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min    Hop           8          10.3 IBUs     -             
1.0 pkg          Farmhouse Ale (Wyeast #3726)                     Yeast         9          -             -             

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 5

Hefe!!

60% wheat

30% pils

6% munich

4% melanoidin (don't ask its an experiment)

48° mash in for 15

63° mash for 60

77° mash out for 10

60 min boil with a single hop addition to 12IBU

no chill

Then will add to fetmentor with no aeration with half a packet of wb-06

Yummy

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Marksmans Gift said:

Hefe!!

60% wheat

30% pils

6% munich

4% melanoidin (don't ask its an experiment)

48° mash in for 15

63° mash for 60

77° mash out for 10

60 min boil with a single hop addition to 12IBU

no chill

Then will add to fetmentor with no aeration with half a packet of wb-06

Yummy

Looks pretty good mate, that will keep you busy.

Sapporo rice lager. 1kg of woolies rice in 16L of water with 200gm of pilsener malt. Held at 60c for 30 mins then up to 95c for 20 mins until cooked. Add the rest of the water and the other 2.8kg of pilsener to bring it back down to 65c for 90 mins. 

2 week old slurry of W34/70 will be the yeast and will be fermented at 10c.

Screenshot_20210314-135544_BeerSmith 3.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-135552_BeerSmith 3.jpg

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

I cook then add some malt then add to the urn. Am I doing it wrong?

I have just followed this since I started cereal mashing but after reading it realised that I have set my gelatinisation temp for raw wheat which is what I mostly cereal mash. So this time my method is basically the same as yours anyway. Hopefully it's no different 

http://beersmith.com/blog/2013/09/06/cereal-mash-steps-for-all-grain-beer-brewing/

7 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

That looks it might be a winner, I notice the recipe states 3 x 500gg LDME hence the higher ABV. I love Dark Ales & would look at something like that.

Cheers & Enjoy.

I'm a fan of both dark ales and bitters, so I'm expecting this to be good. 🙂

It is 1.5kg LDME, giving it a decent alcohol content. The recipe says it comes out at 5.6%, but my spreadsheet says it will only be 5%.

3 minutes ago, DeviantLogic said:

I'm a fan of both dark ales and bitters, so I'm expecting this to be good. 🙂

It is 1.5kg LDME, giving it a decent alcohol content. The recipe says it comes out at 5.6%, but my spreadsheet says it will only be 5%.

Yeah you don't want a sissy drink, gotta have 🥎's   I like all of the heavy styles & something that has a lingering bitterness.

• Like 1

An IPA of sorts today with a nice cool brew day - Barrett Burston Pale Malt with some Voyager Wheat and a smidge of Munich... Col-Chin-Gal for hoppage. Should be nice hopefully... was pretty amber looking end of boil ; )

image.thumb.png.5707f92372d1190d32148240f04ed966.png

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Graubart said:

An IPA of sorts today with a nice cool brew day - Barrett Burston Pale Malt with some Voyager Wheat and a smidge of Munich... Col-Chin-Gal for hoppage. Should be nice hopefully... was pretty amber looking end of boil ; )

Struth @Graubart  looks a tad more complicated than my brewing day. Very impressive as usual. Go for it.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Graubart said:

those nonos  are top  little pots for a biab system   , i love the basket in them   

looks like you also had nice little boil going   

looks like it might be a good ipa

• Haha 1