Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

50 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

mate i have tried several 0% alcahol beers in the past few months

my favorite is a heaps normal -Quite XPA   and if you like xpas you will like this one
ya wouldnt even know ya drinking 0% alcahol

alot  of places are getting in 0% alcohol  to those who enjoy a beer  and know they can still jump in a car and drive but dont want to miss out on the fun with the boys

How much is the cost compared to mid strength or heavy? If i was out i wouldn't fork out for it maybe in take away if the right price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pickles Jones said:

You will have to visit Australia when we can all get through Covid and back to what ever is the new normal.

Always welcome.

I would love that. Thanks 

I have a cousin who stays there can't remember what state now 😂 prob cos I've moved from 0% to regular strength homebrew 😄😆😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

How much is the cost compared to mid strength or heavy? If i was out i wouldn't fork out for it maybe in take away if the right price.

Jamie   price for  the quite xpa i mentioned is 65 bucks a carton

the prices are  high to avoid youngsters taking alchohol up  even though they are 0%

so you could find a box of beer  for 0%  cheap  or if ya looking at craft style  0%'ers  they are still costing a packet
there is alittle bit more process to the beer to make them 0%  then what it is to  what we do to make alcohol
depending on the methods they use

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CLASSIC said:

Are you from there or did you move there ? Just wondering. anyway keep brewing & Cheers.

Born and bred brother. Cheers. Only 1 HB store that I know of that stocks Coopers and the tins are around 2.5 the price u guys pay.  Not complaining tho

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Born and bred brother. Cheers. Only 1 HB store that I know of that stocks Coopers and the tins are around 2.5 the price u guys pay.  Not complaining tho

You could always go to All Grain Pints? 🥳

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Good point bud. Not ready for that yet amd enjoying the ease of the Coopers tins for now

Absolutely mate - and I did for many many years before I had the space time and opportunity to jump across... plus with the help of the magnificent Brewers on this site mate without which I would have been stumped.... so yep - time and a place - and in the meantime - enjoy the Coops Concentrates... even if a bit dearer over there... you are still gunna make GREAT BEER way cheaper than the megaswill available! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@PintsAtMeLocal come to think of it, what is the most popular mega-swill beers in S Africa?  I presume they have only shut the pubs down on account of COVID and the riots of late.  Sorry mate news is a bit thin on the ground here re your situation over there.  All the best anyway to you and yours.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

@PintsAtMeLocal come to think of it, what is the most popular mega-swill beers in S Africa?  I presume they have only shut the pubs down on account of COVID and the riots of late.  Sorry mate news is a bit thin on the ground here re your situation over there.  All the best anyway to you and yours.

Most popular megaswill would be stuff made by South African Breweries. Castle lager and castle lite being amongst the most popular. Shut the pubs and closed liquor stores on account of covid.  Although liquor stores have opened up again! So I can actually let my home brew age haha

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Absolutely mate - and I did for many many years before I had the space time and opportunity to jump across... plus with the help of the magnificent Brewers on this site mate without which I would have been stumped.... so yep - time and a place - and in the meantime - enjoy the Coops Concentrates... even if a bit dearer over there... you are still gunna make GREAT BEER way cheaper than the megaswill available! 🙂

Cheers brother. I only started in May this year so yes I would like to continue the Coopers kits until I do all of the good ones 2 or 3 times at least 😄

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

IMG-20210726-WA0076.jpeg

Nice beer, PAML.  It does not really matter, just my OCD coming out, but just a heads-up: Commercial brew photos go over on the "Todays Tastings" topic (the one with over 70 pages, because there are a couple of versions) and "RDWHAHB - What are you drinking in 2021" is for home brew drinking photos.  Like I said, no big deal really.

Cheers Shamus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1