Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

On 7/14/2021 at 12:43 PM, jamiek86 said:

86 days pills very nice drop 6 week in keg

20210714_204006.jpg

Looks like a nice drop @jamiek86 mate, but quite an amber colour ? I made one at the beginning of the year, really happy with it, but it seemes to get darker with age. Or that was me seeing darker with more of them in me 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@CLASSIC that's how the old school traditional bitters should look before the big boys started calling watered down lager a bitter.

Fair enough I have made 3 MV Bitters as I bought them all together at LHBS on special, I jus experimented with different LME/LDME/Hops etc, I think I like this one the best as it has a nice bite.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Ashes Ale, a month since bottling. Quite a decent brew but I had to replace some of the hops in the recipe with a German one (so the Ashes notion is gone 🤣)

For some reason I had at least  4 ones with no carbonation 🧐

EC68C71A-FF5E-444E-A26D-F1EB25973055.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

For some reason I had at least  4 ones with no carbonation

I finally got rid of my PET's because or random flatties but that's glass you're using isn't it? Maybe top not sealed properly on the flat ones? Or skipped priming those ones?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

I finally got rid of my PET's because or random flatties but that's glass you're using isn't it? Maybe top not sealed properly on the flat ones? Or skipped priming those ones?

I use glass as much as I do PET's & I haven't had a flattie for years but I am pretty careful sealing them, I guess age could slowly weaken them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Journeyman said:

I only use glass and I dissolve the priming sugar in hot water, cool it down, then put it into a clean FV and pour the finished beer on top with a longer pipe so as not to get loads of oxygen in. I stir it a bit but not too much. 
I wonder if my capping tool is a bit worn out. It’s plastic and a bit shonky. Maybe I ought to get a better quality bench-top one. 
I would like to consider kegging but it’s pretty  much just me on the sauce so wouldn’t want the kegs to go off. I rarely drink two of the same brews one after another either, I like to have a little tasting session each time 🙃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

I use glass as much as I do PET's & I haven't had a flattie for years but I am pretty careful sealing them, I guess age could slowly weaken them. 

Over the years I have collected these Duvel bottles. In Belgium there’s money back on them and the brewery reuses them. They’re pretty damned heavy and so far none have exploded on me 🤞

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Try & get a head like that at the Pub, if they did it it would be flat before you got to the table, this has been poured for 10 minutes !!

Cheers

Phil

Bitter July 21.jpg

great looking head on your stout phil    nice tight head on the grolsch glass  ..

it looks like a very  tasty stout .

top work  @CLASSIC

• Like 2