Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

@PintsAtMeLocal my first 8 brews when started again last September 5 of them were bootmaker. very nice drop but making so many in row I got sick of it. I do have another tin and need to do it again.

Mate it just tastes like a quality extract I must say. Lovely bittering for a pale ale can easily be turned into an IPA I thinking 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

First taste of a flanders red ale I bottled June 20. In the bottle 4 weeks tomorrow. Nice and tarty but not as bretty as I would like. Still very drinkable though. It does taste better than the samples did and when I bottled it so maybe it will come on a little more as time goes by. 

20210717_133059.jpg

Looks nice well done 👍 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Thanks mate. Not where I want it to be but it's a style I want to perfect. Only problem is the 6+ month wait for a batch. 😭

That’s why I commented, I understand the time it takes to make and appreciate your patience. It’s a long time to wait for a beer that could be vinegar, but glad it turned out to be at least drinkable, so your on the right track and can tinker with it from there. I have a hard enough time waiting for a beer to ferment in 7 days🤣

2 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Devil's Half Ruby Porter.

A really catchy name but in my opinion an underwhelming beer. Not bad, just not what I expected.

IMG20210717181255.jpg

Why is it underwhelming mate? I'm keen to give it a crack soon

3 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Why is it underwhelming mate? I'm keen to give it a crack soon

It's just not as rich as I thought it would be. Being from the TC range I was expecting a bit more. As I said, it's not bad but the OS Dark Ale would be as good if not better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Hey Muzzy how would you compare that i.e. a Stout/Toucan ?  I don't mind a Porter but I have never made one. I should give it a whirl.

Phil, I'd say it's comparable to a dark ale. Not as much body as a stout.

My initial assessment may have been premature too. I'm having a couple today and I'm liking it a little more today. Maybe because I'd been drinking lager earlier yesterday it didn't appeal to my palate so much but if I had to choose between a tin of this or a dark ale I'd probably go with the dark ale. 

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

Phil, I'd say it's comparable to a dark ale. Not as much body as a stout.

My initial assessment may have been premature too. I'm having a couple today and I'm liking it a little more today. Maybe because I'd been drinking lager earlier yesterday it didn't appeal to my palate so much but if I had to choose between a tin of this or a dark ale I'd probably go with the dark ale. 

Fair enough I do like Coopers Dark Ale & the Stout,  combined to make a Toucan, well that takes it to another level.

The last Porter I had was one of these & it was strong, rich & very moreish, I got some from somewhere, can't remember but I would definitely look for it again.

Cheers Muzzy.

Fullers_London_Porter__14431.1436964429.png?c=2

I have probably prattled on about this before but after having a few mates around to try Pale/Draught/Bitter I felt like something different & here it is Mr Beer North West Pale Ale, I cannot believe how much flavour & tang these pre-hopped 1.3kg Craft cans of extract deliver, all I did was add 500gm LDME & 12gm Galaxy (teabag) - according to directions not necessary but Mumma what a hoot !!  Sadly it was only made to 9 litres & I think there are only a few bottles left.

Cheers.

NW PALE ALE.jpg

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I have probably prattled on about this before but after having a few mates around to try Pale/Draught/Bitter I felt like something different & here it is Mr Beer North West Pale Ale, I cannot believe how much flavour & tang these pre-hopped 1.3kg Craft cans of extract deliver, all I did was add 500gm LDME & 12gm Galaxy (teabag) - according to directions not necessary but Mumma what a hoot !!  Sadly it was only made to 9 litres & I think there are only a few bottles left.

Cheers.

NW PALE ALE.jpg

I've decided I'm going to do double golden ale 1.3 tin, with maybe a small dry hop.  Also have mentioned this before I think 😅😂

West Coast IPA from @Norris! Fiddler's Green BrewCorp... a lovely creamy drop - great colour... check out those tiny tiny bubbles making up that beautiful texture... and I am keen to bring back some Maris Otter - of which there was plenty in this beaut brew... thanks @Norris! Norris!!   (Note this is just a bottle re-use of Twisted Palm... upcycling we call it)

Apologies was late so did not get it out on the fence post : \

And yes I should've done a better job of the pour All... apologies... never good to be in a hurry to taste a great brew 😋

image.thumb.png.689c52b94262daf97af8371f8d4ad96e.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Neon Haze Session IPA from the Coopers Recipe Section, my word, very nice.

First one off the keg.

Be getting stuck into these as on an RDO tomorrow & long weekend, happy days.

As the pics suggest, this didn’t last long in the glass.🤣🤣

‘Cheers Brewers🍻🍻

2CA9DE46-D9A8-4330-A179-8E3849FB28EC.jpeg

861423EB-CF33-4D17-8AEF-5AD24C8BB9EC.jpeg

• Like 7

Taste test tonight of my Darth Vader Beer (AKA Tooheys Old Clone), only been in the keg a couple of nights and I am already impressed.  Will buy a couple of stubbies of the real deal tomorrow and just see how close it is.

Never thought I would see the day when I actually would drink a dark ale that I brewed myself let alone an AG one.  You buggers in here are a bad influence, but in a good way. 😄

Darth Vader Beer AKA Tooheys Old Clone - resized.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1