Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Reaching into the Archives... my labelling overflow from keg volume bottles is v bad... believe this is a HW -  found in 1.125L archived swingtop bottle (no room in keg) and tastes quite nice if yer into Hefeweizen I guess 🥳

image.thumb.png.8792b0cbd1919f4fd7fcff13a7c5c5de.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

The AUS IPA keeps getting better & better, the hop freshness is unreal, you other guys made this @Shamus O'Sean  &  @kmar92  where are your photos, I will be on my next batch before you drink them. 😄

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I am planning a side-by-side with a can of the commercial version this weekend.  Photos and all.  Kmar has posted about this brew at least once already too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

The AUS IPA keeps getting better & better, the hop freshness is unreal, you other guys made this @Shamus O'Sean  &  @kmar92  where are your photos, I will be on my next batch before you drink them. 😄

AUS PALE ALE STOCK.jpg

Hey Phil, I have already posted a photo of mine when I first sampled it. I am allowing it a few days in the keg now to settle and age.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Hi @CLASSIC, is this the one from the Coopers Recipe page ?

Hi RD yes it is I think it was the May ROTM ( Shamus would know ) I sourced the ingredients separately as we have a couple of suppliers in Adelaide who stock the entire Coopers range.

I followed the recipe to a T & it is perfect, each time I have one it gets better but I had better get my A into G & get more supplies for Summer. 

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Hi RD yes it is I think it was the May ROTM ( Shamus would know ) I sourced the ingredients separately as we have a couple of suppliers in Adelaide who stock the entire Coopers range.

I followed the recipe to a T & it is perfect, each time I have one it gets better but I had better get my A into G & get more supplies for Summer. 

Cheers

Phil

Yeah ok, I’ve brewed the same one, been in a keg waiting it’s turn, so not on tap yet, but won’t be far away.

‘I also brewed the Neon Haze Session IPA from the recipe section a while ago,  only lasted 2 weeks on tap as it was blaarrdy sensational.

‘The only thing I couldn’t source was the Bravo hops, so substituted them with Columbus Hops. 

‘Just sourcing a few bits & pieces to brew a second batch. 🍻🍻

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, CLASSIC said:

I know I have posted this before but I need to say   Well Done Coopers !   This ROTM AUS IPA would have to be one of the most interesting & enjoyable beers that I have brewed in the K& K system,

@CLASSIC  Phil, I was in my local grog shop tonight (a rare occurrence these days) and saw the cans of Coopers Australian IPA on the shelf so grabbed one to try and I also love it.  Sorta somewhere in between a Coopers Sparkling ale and a Pacific Summer Ale

It reminds me of my AG version of the Pacific Summer Ale which has mutated now by several versions from the original K&K of Coopers Pacific Summer Ale. 

Recommend you try this K&K recipe without any tweaks to start with and you will have a very nice spring / summer ale to sip on.  I always use the Windsor yeast with this one as per the recipe.

And so after drinking this can of the Australian IPA I am now working on an AG version of it and will brew it not too far down the track as I already have a stash of CCA yeast and all the grains required but just need to source the Eclipse hops.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

eclipse pale ale nice drop like the flavour from these aussie hops

20210805_182553.jpg

I used eclipse hops in a ( sort of ) Cloud Catcher Clone ( aka Stone & Wood ), couldn’t get a recipe but the owner at the LHBS over the Northside of Brissy gave me a rough recipe, which had the eclipse hops in them, was a pretty good beer from memory.

37 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I used eclipse hops in a ( sort of ) Cloud Catcher Clone ( aka Stone & Wood ), couldn’t get a recipe but the owner at the LHBS over the Northside of Brissy gave me a rough recipe, which had the eclipse hops in them, was a pretty good beer from memory.

yes I've done this a couple of times now with nothing but eclipse. The last one was 50 gram hop tea on day 5 was alot more flavour in it. This one was only 40 gram steep on brew day and had vigorous ferment with 05. I'm taking @Graubart way of summarising things eg dubbya. from now on US-05 is just 05 what else could it be? 🤯

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

Euro lager with carapils and Hallertau and sazz in boil best one yet. keg for 7 weeks although I hope my one kegged today with Bavarian lager yeast comes out better.

20210805_211253.jpg

So Jamie, are you now convinced re my suggestion of what a steep of Carapils can and will for a K&K tin recipe yet?

That beer looks fantastic.

Edited by iBooz2

2 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

yes I've done this a couple of times now with nothing but eclipse. The last one was 50 gram hop tea on day 5 was alot more flavour in it. This one was only 40 gram steep on brew day and had vigorous ferment with 05. I'm taking @Graubart way of summarising things eg dubbya. from now on US-05 is just 05 what else could it be? 🤯

05 = PB (Peter Brock or Brockie yeast)?

Edited by iBooz2

@iBooz2 have to say I owned both Holden and fords but never knew brocks number assuming it was 05.  Yes the carapils is amazing this one was only 150 grams my latest couple have 200. next one will also have at least 800 grams of pilsner malt plus the 200 carapils should be even better. considering the water colour barly change big difference in final product.

• Like 1