Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

2 hours ago, Graubart said:

Running the Gauntlet... the Mountain Stout keg is sooooooo close to blowing : (

image.thumb.png.db907bfe6a8793d2d9af4a59ec60b4ae.png

I hate that - running the gauntlet I mean, with a keg about to blow that has been a great brew!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

@Greeny1525229549 the Flanders - sorry for the shit picture is AMAZING

Well um aromatic, initially maybe sweet - not because very dry - finishing rather tart. Wow.

PXL_20210730_100100889.thumb.jpg.51b1451180386561ff54f0071f58a049.jpg

Looks pretty darn good to me mate. Me thinks that keg isn't going to last too long. Is there much difference you think between the lambic blend and the roselare?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Is there much difference you think between the lambic blend and the roselare?

Hard to say as the lambic was a while ago, but initial tastes of this are very promising, it's a stella package, really keen to see how the next one or two go

• Like 1

I thought lagers weren’t my thing but these ag Pilsners have changed my thinking after being in the keg for over two months it’s delightfully refreshing with a nice noble hop aroma. You can’t beat fresh home brewed beer in my opinion. 🍻 

BEDC3B39-ACEA-454A-A189-CDB98695985A.jpeg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Red devil 44 what was base tin used for pilsner mate quick run down of recepie if u could.

Morgan’s Golden Saaz Pilsner Can

1kg Ultra Brew Powder ( or BE2 )

Safale 34/70 Yeast 

Might dry hop some Saaz late in the ferment next time 

Fermented@12 degrees for 13 days, CC for 3, all up 16 days in FV 

Good cheapish K & K and gets great results 

• Like 2

Tried my two beers yesterday arvo. Pretty good but I think the pale ale could have used more hops, or they were just a bit old and lost their zing. Also I left out any dry hops on this occasion. I have fresh packs in the freezer for upcoming batches at least. 

They are a little bit more cloudy than usual as I haven't been able to get any isinglass lately, and it'll take another day or two for the carbonation level to get up where I want it, but for the first two back into it I'm happy just to have beer on tap again. Pilsner top, pale ale

20210801_153722.thumb.jpg.520450e6c3b47b60c6f17fb3da283163.jpg

20210801_163637.thumb.jpg.33ed4af855bf2f1bbae30bfd0d5a1fc6.jpg

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 12

@stquinto was it you who used to post pics of berry flavour lagers you made or does anyone know who it was? I was just wondering if i tried it if i could use a pillow case to put them in fermenter or commando then cold crash before kegging. I would just use frozen berries as per the person who posted it method. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

@stquinto was it you who used to post pics of berry flavour lagers you made or does anyone know who it was? I was just wondering if i tried it if i could use a pillow case to put them in fermenter or commando then cold crash before kegging. I would just use frozen berries as per the person who posted it method. 

@jamiek86 not me mate, never tried making fruit stuff. But I just got delivered this beauty, my Irish Stout is nearly ready to go into it:

guinness_keg.thumb.jpg.01c433a5e4a7cd3e40957c878288ef94.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, jamiek86 said:

@stquinto looking good little 9 litre kegs with nitrogen? With the views you have over seas you'll be giving @Graubart a run for his money with foamy beers and good back ground shots.

🤣🤣🤣 actually it's a 5 litre keg. I wanted to start off small and not yet have to try to sneak a new fridge into the house under the beady eye of SWMBO 😅

Jokes apart, I am the only one on the grog (well, beer anyway, SWMBO's Cosmopolitans are not my cup of tea). I like to taste a couppla beers a night so would need 3 or 4 taps.

If this works out OK I'll probably get 10 litre kegs, and bottle the rest. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

foamy beers and good back ground shots.

Been absolutely p ***ing down here all summer - the local wine makers say the crop is going to be awful because of the mildew,  and the spuds are rotting in the ground. Still, not as bad as Germany with the floods they've had there.

Edited by stquinto
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Been absolutely p ***ing down here all summer - the local wine makers say the crop is going to be aweful because of the mildew,  and the spuds are rotting in the ground. Still, not as bad as Germany with the floods they've had there.

Thats strange Australia has had a wetter than normal winter also strange Europe is very wet in summer at same time. 

• Like 1