Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Another single glass sip of my Leigh's lager (VB clone) then back onto my Coopers Sparkling Ale clone and I am already starting to feel a bit fuzzy...

But I gotta empty a keg or there will be an overflow of finished beer in the Alicat brewery tomorrow.

Pic below is the LL.

Leigh's Lager - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Another single glass sip of my Leigh's lager (VB clone) then back onto my Coopers Sparkling Ale clone and I am already starting to feel a bit fuzzy...

But I gotta empty a keg or there will be an overflow of finished beer in the Alicat brewery tomorrow.

Pic below is the LL.

Good to see you have done with cup's of tea Al, nice beer, Cheers.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Graubart said:

Unprecedented terrible times in the mountains.... not a keg with beer in it... delving into the final few bottlie archives.... an ancient Rauchbier found in the depths...

(Rauch = Smoke = Smoked Barley Malt as per Bavarian Bamberger Rauchbier)

What a lovely surprise: smoky, rich and as they say auf deutsch @Aussiekraut süffig ; )

And please note @CLASSIC Phil - the fenceposts are clean!  And nice to join you @Green Blob Blobski and @Norris! in a lovely well earned Friday Arvo Beer ; )

Good brewing and slurping all!

image.thumb.png.6fbc177c0cd9c21df2c3703d84b0f6d8.png

And come on @iBooz2 Boozer time to move on from your Cuppa... even tho a cup of tea is also a beautiful thing!!

It stands on the fire

Beneath the Gum Tree

There's nothing much nicer...

Than a Billy of Tea

@MUZZY Muzz.... where are all the accordions? 🥳

Can i mention  youhave moved to #1  in the class for the best clean glass on the forum (part from myself of cousre)

love the looks off that brew mate 

would be great here in melbourne on a cold  lockdown melbourne night

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Can i mention  youhave moved to #1  in the class for the best clean glass on the forum (part from myself of cousre)

love the looks off that brew mate 

would be great here in melbourne on a cold  lockdown melbourne night

The Graubsters beers are always well presented, in a rural setting it offers a certain ambience. You almost feel like sneaking up & a grabbing one off the fence but I fear a 12 gauge trained on me or a wild bear lurking up in them woods.  🤣

Edited by CLASSIC
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

The Graubsters beers are always well presented, in a rural setting it offers a certain ambience. You almost feel like sneaking up & a grabbing one off the fence but I fear a 12 gauge trained on me or a wild bear lurking up in them woods.  🤣

yes i total agree with you 

specially if they look as god as that brew

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Green Blob said:

How much fun is Kill The Keg???

I did not quite make it. 

There was more in it that I had guessed.  Its one of 6 kegs packed tightly into my big chest freezer (like penguins on a rocky beach in mating season) so cannot wriggle or lift without upsetting the setup.  Whats the bet it will blow tonight on the very first glass just when I have the taste. ha ha

Why is Stout so good ? I have been babbling on about LME giving your beer wings ( which I strongly believe ) however I bottled this on the 7th July, strange thing was I had to use the products in stock which was BE3 & 500gm LDME, the overall make up of the drink is fairly similar, I think the only real thing missing is the extra chocolate/coffee richness you get with the LME.

But I am telling you this is very nice on a Saturday night struggling to be 15 degrees. 

I wonder at length about you AG brewers making a Stout but I guess it comes down to the grains used among other stuff. I would love to try a AG Stout & compare it with say Coopers or Extract & see what it is all about.

I am willing to trade if any of you guys are up for it.  🍻

Cheers

Phil

Stout Aug 21.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Why is Stout so good ? I have been babbling on about LME giving your beer wings ( which I strongly believe ) however I bottled this on the 7th July, strange thing was I had to use the products in stock which was BE3 & 500gm LDME, the overall make up of the drink is fairly similar, I think the only real thing missing is the extra chocolate/coffee richness you get with the LME.

But I am telling you this is very nice on a Saturday night struggling to be 15 degrees. 

I wonder at length about you AG brewers making a Stout but I guess it comes down to the grains used among other stuff. I would love to try a AG Stout & compare it with say Coopers or Extract & see what it is all about.

I am willing to trade if any of you guys are up for it.  🍻

Cheers

Phil

Stout Aug 21.jpg

Phil

I am brewing  a all grain oat meal  stout tomorrow morning

If i get my  Boel Itap  and set up  when the  stout is kegged and carbed up 
happy to send you a sample   

stout.jpg.d4db71deec3fa43113bcb21214f19f0e.jpg

• Like 1

Well  just thought i would get an early sneak peak of my Hopnation XPA  FWK out of the keg from grain and grape 

I am so looking forward to when this is nicely carbed up as it is a bit underdone but is not to far off

Will leave carbing up for another week

its very young but not overly bitter but great aromas and is like a passion fruit smell 
and taste  

the yeast has cleaned up very well

20210807_173608.thumb.jpg.7de05ef0f275e1b3d3e517c4e55da71b.jpg

Like the lacing for  6 day old beer in the keg thats not fully carbed

20210807_175022.thumb.jpg.54ef164a5866bebee16cb33d52cb48d4.jpg

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 8

IMG20210807192624.thumb.jpg.aa2f2be46bc70fe56c5c6b59ce8f2fa1.jpg

Cooper's barley wine. At least a couple of years old now. I think it is the Barley Crush recipe but the top of the cap is unreadable.

Marmalade and malt coming through pretty strong. Definitely a sipper. 

Not too bad. Even a middy is probably a bit too much flavour wise though. I brewed the Awful Ogre when it came out and would prefer that over this.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

a middy is a pot

i have a dozen or so pony's which i think are 7/6 ounce glasses  which are great for tasters

yes it just looked like a bigger glass in pic I though if SA call a scooner a pint a middy might be a scooner 🤣

7 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

yes it just looked like a bigger glass in pic I though if SA call a scooner a pint a middy might be a scooner 🤣

Sa   have to be different in glass sizes like everything else lol

Well @CLASSIC and @kmar92, Here it is: My Coopers Australian IPA.  Did a side-by-side taste test with the commercial version.  I have already had a few sneaky glasses of mine.

IMG_2532.JPG.a8717cf54a14f8fca3ea8d84ecf6e6a1.JPG

Mine – 5.8% ABV

Theirs – 6.5% ABV

Strong tropical aroma with mandarin most noticeable 

Moderate bitterness 

Mandarin citrus flavour 

Strong maltiness 

Bit of a hoppy grassiness, but this adds positively to the flavour 

Good body 

Flavour is not as lingering

Similar aroma but more subtle 

Smooth bitterness 

Mandarin flavour 

Strong maltiness 

Lingering flavour

Quite similar brews, but with distinct differences.  Summary:  Who wins? 

• Aroma – Mine
  • Bitterness – Theirs
  • Malt flavour – Theirs
  • Hops flavour – Mine
  • Yeast characteristics – Draw (Note: Mine Verdant IPA yeast; Theirs Probably the standard Coopers yeast)

I call it a draw.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

@Shamus O'Sean and @CLASSIC my version is beautiful. As with Shamus mine is full of tropical fruit aroma, a little bitter as I upped the bittering hops but the bitterness really compliments it. About the only drawback is that the body is a little lacking, no big deal though. Great beer and I will most certainly be doing it again.

1690e.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Well @CLASSIC and @kmar92, Here it is: My Coopers Australian IPA.  Did a side-by-side taste test with the commercial version.  I have already had a few sneaky glasses of mine.

IMG_2532.JPG.a8717cf54a14f8fca3ea8d84ecf6e6a1.JPG

Mine – 5.8% ABV

Theirs – 6.5% ABV

Strong tropical aroma with mandarin most noticeable 

Moderate bitterness 

Mandarin citrus flavour 

Strong maltiness 

Bit of a hoppy grassiness, but this adds positively to the flavour 

Good body 

Flavour is not as lingering

Similar aroma but more subtle 

Smooth bitterness 

Mandarin flavour 

Strong maltiness 

Lingering flavour

Quite similar brews, but with distinct differences.  Summary:  Who wins? 

• Aroma – Mine
  • Bitterness – Theirs
  • Malt flavour – Theirs
  • Hops flavour – Mine
  • Yeast characteristics – Draw (Note: Mine Verdant IPA yeast; Theirs Probably the standard Coopers yeast)

I call it a draw.

Extra time then or come back next week?

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2