Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

2 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Hope you can hold out just a wee bit longer Barra, little way to go yet before the sun is up , it's 6.53am here ! 😯

Working at present so that is not helping lol. Ya know it does not bother me what time it is as an ale anytime is no problem. I could drink it as substitute for a cuppa tea no drama lol.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Barramullafella said:

Working at present so that is not helping lol. Ya know it does not bother me what time it is as an ale anytime is no problem. I could drink it as substitute for a cuppa tea no drama lol.

That's OK some of our other members are shift workers & they have posted photos of their knock off drinks when we are thinking about breakfast but that's OK too 😁

• Haha 1

@CLASSIC heres some interesting facts ..that man above had his last name changed ..an is the paternal great grand son of muslim named Ali Kemal ..a minister/offical that served for the Islamic Ottoman Empire ..interesting how these guys in particular places keep attaining positions of power all around the world  ..anyone would think they all are in some kind of club 🤔 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Kemal

Edited by Breaktrainjack
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Breaktrainjack said:

@CLASSIC heres some interesting facts ..that man above had his last name changed ..an is the paternal great grand son of muslim named Ali Kemal ..a minister/offical that served for the Islamic Ottoman Empire ..interesting how these guys in particular places keep attaining positions of power all around the world  ..anyone would think they all are in some kind of club 🤔 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Kemal

Well that's something I didn't know but I didn't think Muslims drank but he is the PM so I guess he can. 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Appreciate it mate thank u. It is a nice rich ale

Dunno if you can get Coopers liquid malt tins where you are - but would recommend trying your Coopers Real Ale Kit (liq) and adding a Coopers Light or Amber Liquid Malt Can (liq) and then as well a kilo of a Coopers Brew Enhancer (dry).... all three ingredients.... should result in a lovely drop... worth a try at least?

• Like 2

Just now, Graubart said:

Dark days deserve dark beer...  the Mountain Stout is pouring well:

👍Looks divine @Graubart  absolute pearler, you could easily mistake that for a Guinness, nice work but it wouldn't be cold at the Mountain Rail & Grill ?

I spose you have a firepit going & a sneaky flask in the back pocket for extra warmth. 😄  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Graubart said:

Dunno if you can get Coopers liquid malt tins where you are - but would recommend trying your Coopers Real Ale Kit (liq) and adding a Coopers Light or Amber Liquid Malt Can (liq) and then as well a kilo of a Coopers Brew Enhancer (dry).... all three ingredients.... should result in a lovely drop... worth a try at least?

I can get all those except liquid malt can. I will ask my brew shop, altho I haven't seen it. Any alternative? This one was real ale, 1kg DME amd 300 dex. With a dry hop addition

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

I can get all those except liquid malt can. I will ask my brew shop, altho I haven't seen it. Any alternative? This one was real ale, 1kg DME amd 300 dex. With a dry hop addition

There are pouches available i.e. Mangrove Jacks if you can't get cans or maybe they could get it in for you, the work well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

1 minute ago, CLASSIC said:

There are pouches available i.e. Mangrove Jacks if you can't get cans or maybe they could get it in for you, the work well.

Yep some sort of liquid malt... in addition to the Kit Can... and the BE Box... so as well as those two (not instead of)... but depends on whether you can get the liquid malt ingredients or not... 🤔

Mate @PintsAtMeLocal Pints you have made a lovely beer - but this is just an opportunity for a next step... as me Cobber @CLASSIC would agree too... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Graubart said:

Yep some sort of liquid malt... in addition to the Kit Can... and the BE Box... so as well as those two (not instead of)... but depends on whether you can get the liquid malt ingredients or not... 🤔

Mate @PintsAtMeLocal Pints you have made a lovely beer - but this is just an opportunity for a next step... as me Cobber @CLASSIC would agree too... 

I fully appreciate the insight and note all advice. Will be sure to look out next time at brew shop. Does the liquid malt have a better result than the dry malt extract?