Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

12 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

@CLASSIC  Phil, I was in my local grog shop tonight (a rare occurrence these days) and saw the cans of Coopers Australian IPA on the shelf so grabbed one to try and I also love it.  Sorta somewhere in between a Coopers Sparkling ale and a Pacific Summer Ale

It reminds me of my AG version of the Pacific Summer Ale which has mutated now by several versions from the original K&K of Coopers Pacific Summer Ale. 

Recommend you try this K&K recipe without any tweaks to start with and you will have a very nice spring / summer ale to sip on.  I always use the Windsor yeast with this one as per the recipe.

And so after drinking this can of the Australian IPA I am now working on an AG version of it and will brew it not too far down the track as I already have a stash of CCA yeast and all the grains required but just need to source the Eclipse hops.  Stay tuned.

Cheers Al,

Thanks for the input, I will try the Pacific. I know what you mean about Grog Shops, last time I was there it was for wine.  Eclipse Hops are readily available in Adelaide, I assumed Coopers sold them. I will keep you posted in the Coopers Pacific Summer Ale. 

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iBooz2 said:
12 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

yes I've done this a couple of times now with nothing but eclipse. The last one was 50 gram hop tea on day 5 was alot more flavour in it. This one was only 40 gram steep on brew day and had vigorous ferment with 05. I'm taking @Graubart way of summarising things eg dubbya. from now on US-05 is just 05 what else could it be? 🤯

05 = PB (Peter Brock or Brockie yeast)?

Yes, and the further connection of that number to grog and Brock was that it was used in the theme for the .05 drink drive campaign in Victoria.

Brock worked with the Victorian authorities promoting the campaign against drunk driving. The most obvious sign of this association was the race car number 05 which related to the 0.05% blood alcohol limit in Victoria, which he utilised constantly from the mid-1970s.
Teams: Holden Dealer Team; Gown-Hindhaugh ...
Best finish: 1st in 1974, 1978, 1980 Australian ...
Born: Peter Geoffrey Brock; 26 February 1945; ...
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

It's beer, it's good. 5%, dry, tangy.

3.5 kg grain, 3g hops. $7.82 all up so 20c a glass, just like when @CLASSIC was first going to pubs...

Thanks I think Green Man, makes me feel old 🧓 I think my first Schooner (SA) was about 60-70cents. A butcher was about 45cents. 🍻

Edited by CLASSIC
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

Aussie lager, not sure if it is mine or the one @iBooz2 suggested

PXL_20210806_052010207.thumb.jpg.8df810661dd188af37cf79c04bdb5c3d.jpg

GB - The sniff of PoR will tell you if it is or isn't.  Its probably the one you made prior.  You are making me thirsty🍻 but I had better stick to my cup of tea for now.

1 hour ago, Green Blob said:

It's beer, it's good. 5%, dry, tangy.

3.5 kg grain, 3g hops. $7.82 all up so 20c a glass, just like when @CLASSIC was first going to pubs...

PXL_20210806_042722875.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.4005b4791a1e06405c63223c3ad27fdf.jpg

Probably, but hopefully Classic's beer back then was served in a clean glass...... just saying that for @ozdevil 's benefit ha ha🤣

• Haha 2

Unprecedented terrible times in the mountains.... not a keg with beer in it... delving into the final few bottlie archives.... an ancient Rauchbier found in the depths...

(Rauch = Smoke = Smoked Barley Malt as per Bavarian Bamberger Rauchbier)

What a lovely surprise: smoky, rich and as they say auf deutsch @Aussiekraut süffig ; )

And please note @CLASSIC Phil - the fenceposts are clean!  And nice to join you @Green Blob Blobski and @Norris! in a lovely well earned Friday Arvo Beer ; )

Good brewing and slurping all!

image.thumb.png.6fbc177c0cd9c21df2c3703d84b0f6d8.png

And come on @iBooz2 Boozer time to move on from your Cuppa... even tho a cup of tea is also a beautiful thing!!

It stands on the fire

Beneath the Gum Tree

There's nothing much nicer...

Than a Billy of Tea

@MUZZY Muzz.... where are all the accordions? 🥳

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

he would need half a dozen fermenters and an assistant to stay in front @Graubart 😇

I once thought he would have have an army of Brewery Elves all marching around the Brewery preforming different tasks to keep the beer pumping for El Graubart, as it would be a mean task to keep up with the consumption of the beer maestro. So let's hope he gets it under control or we will see commercial beer posts 🤮

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I once thought he would have have an army of Brewery Elves all marching around the Brewery preforming different tasks to keep the beer pumping for El Graubart, as it would be a mean task to keep up with the consumption of the beer maestro. So let's hope he gets it under control or we will see commercial beer posts 🤮

I'm sure it would only be the finest craft beers available not megaswill

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

A footy team + of oompa loompa's don't ya mean.  Send the empty kegs my way @Graubart as I am in dire need of them here ha ha.  Fv's are bursting at the seams here.👌

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 2